Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If the MEAC falls apart and (based on current rumors) Delaware State goes to the NEC, will a spot be available for New Haven there or any other conference. You might have another Augustana-Summit League situation happening.

Comment

With the notice on the other forum that Robert Morris is leaving the NEC with their football team going to the Big South, I think that leaves 7 teams in the NEC (8 once Merrimack exits the probation period). If DSU and New Haven moved in that would give the NEC 10 teams. Whether that's what the NEC wants is still to be seen.

Comment

Howard just became an associate member of the NEC for six sports. They are in a position to make a bigger move if the NEC wants them for all sports.

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post
          Howard just became an associate member of the NEC for six sports. They are in a position to make a bigger move if the NEC wants them for all sports.
          That's a good point - Guessing the NEC would be much more open to accepting a current D1 member (especially one with a reputation like Howard) than accepting another D2, but I have no idea what their thought process is. If Delaware State moved it would be more attractive for Howard as well since it's a geographical rival.

Comment

Originally posted by cwfenn View Post

That's a good point - Guessing the NEC would be much more open to accepting a current D1 member (especially one with a reputation like Howard) than accepting another D2, but I have no idea what their thought process is. If Delaware State moved it would be more attractive for Howard as well since it's a geographical rival.
            Did you see that Delaware State is supposed to be buying D3 Wesley? There could be an announcement today.

https://delawarebusinesstimes.com/…/dsu-acquisition-of-wes…/

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
            Working...
            X