Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Post to start D2 FB

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Post to start D2 FB

    Not sure where to "post" this- it says they will be an independent this fall.

    https://posteagles.com/news/2020/12/...-football.aspx

  • #2
    Originally posted by laker View Post
    Not sure where to "post" this- it says they will be an independent this fall.

    https://posteagles.com/news/2020/12/...-football.aspx
    This is great news. The NE-10 can use another school, so hopefully they can bring them in. If not, worse case scenario, a scheduling alliance should be discussed to eliminate the NE-10 from playing teams twice a season.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by laker View Post
      Not sure where to "post" this- it says they will be an independent this fall.

      https://posteagles.com/news/2020/12/...-football.aspx
      Private, 7300 students, previously CACC moving up from sprint football.

      Comment


      • #4
        Their head coach is a former New Haven assistant coach, so hopefully that’s a good pick. Would be nice to get them in the NE10 especially if/when New Haven moves to D1. Waterbury isn’t exactly known for football, they’ll need to recruit well.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by cwfenn View Post
          Their head coach is a former New Haven assistant coach, so hopefully that’s a good pick. Would be nice to get them in the NE10 especially if/when New Haven moves to D1. Waterbury isn’t exactly known for football, they’ll need to recruit well.
          But they are known for the Waterbury Open in Happy Gilmore!

          Comment


          • #6
            Post is already a NE-10 affiliate in hockey (in which the conference is stuck in D2 purgatory), so football membership seems plausible. As for full membership, are there any members who would balk at a for-profit joining, or is SNHU similar enough that that ship has already sailed?

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Inkblot View Post
              Post is already a NE-10 affiliate in hockey (in which the conference is stuck in D2 purgatory), so football membership seems plausible. As for full membership, are there any members who would balk at a for-profit joining, or is SNHU similar enough that that ship has already sailed?
              I've always wondered about that. How does that work? It must not be sanctioned by the NCAA, only by the conference. Seems like they are just kinda stuck - they can't move down into D3 anymore, and it's definitely not D1 worthy. Kinda weird - though they can stake a claim for the true "national" champion of college hockey after last season...

              Anyway, it's cool that another school is joining D2. I always get a little worried once programs start dropping football or moving up into FCS, so it's nice to get replacements.

              Comment


              • #8
                Cool. The NE10 could use another team.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Great news for the league. They will probably follow the same path as Franklin Pierce, who took a season to transition from Sprint to a full NE10/D2 schedule.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    [QUOTE=Inkblot;n548683]Post is already a NE-10 affiliate in hockey (in which the conference is stuck in D2 purgatory), so football membership seems plausible. As for full membership, are there any members who would balk at a for-profit joining, or is SNHU similar enough that that ship has already sailed?[/QUOTE]

                    There's really not much of a difference in how they would run athletics. Some federal regulation is different and their board of trustees are paid for their service rather than volunteer like with a traditional non-profit. SNHU has been non-profit since the 1960s.

                    Comment

                    Ad3

                    Collapse
                    Working...
                    X