Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Been a while.

Joined back in 16 when my nephew Joe Czelusniak was playing at AIC. Despite delivering some excitemrent to the offense the year he was slotted to start a few games, the coaching staff told him in no uncertain terms, "We no longer have a place for you here Joe, Kwame is our future."

So like most young men of this age, he asked to be allowed to transfer and did so down to WV at Alderson Broaddus. He naturally had to earn a place on that team as well and going into his fourth (redshirt Junior) season was disappointed to still not crack the starting lineup, but had matured enough to accept the back up role, and helped send in plays from the sidelines. Lo and behold, the starting QB stuttered out of the gates and Joe got a chance to play in the 2nd game of the season and took over, never looking back.

Final stats for 10 games:

Rushing: 51-216-4TD
    Passing: 195/310-2477yd, 25TD 9INT

Bolded stats are AB single season records.

He'll be back this fall as a redshirt senior and looking to improve on next year with a full offseason of preparation as the starting QB. I only wish they could set up a match with old AIC.

Re: Been a while.

Originally posted by CTFootball View Post
    Joined back in 16 when my nephew Joe Czelusniak was playing at AIC. Despite delivering some excitemrent to the offense the year he was slotted to start a few games, the coaching staff told him in no uncertain terms, "We no longer have a place for you here Joe, Kwame is our future."

So like most young men of this age, he asked to be allowed to transfer and did so down to WV at Alderson Broaddus. He naturally had to earn a place on that team as well and going into his fourth (redshirt Junior) season was disappointed to still not crack the starting lineup, but had matured enough to accept the back up role, and helped send in plays from the sidelines. Lo and behold, the starting QB stuttered out of the gates and Joe got a chance to play in the 2nd game of the season and took over, never looking back.

He'll be back this fall as a redshirt senior and looking to improve on next year with a full offseason of preparation as the starting QB. I only wish they could set up a match with old AIC.
    Good to hear your nephew is doing well at AB. I know there are a few AB supporters in the GMAC board who might like to hear about this too.

Comment

Originally posted by CTFootball View Post

Congratulations. Glad Joe is playing well and bounce back from the situation he was in. AIC made the wrong decision picking Kwame over Joe. Kwame was bench almost half his senior year. Great kid, but he was not a good QB. Hopefully Prince or the this kid that transferred from a D1AA school will save us.

Comment

Hopefully Prince or the this kid that transferred from a D1AA school will save us.

Comment

His name is Jayson Demild. He's from Campbell university. I saw some of his high school high lights and he looked pretty good. I looked at his college stats and it looks like he was a back up and became the starter late in the season. With a season already under his belt I think he will be ready to go this coming year.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
          Working...
          X