Clear All

• New Haven AD Chris Palmer Announces Retirement

He was in the job only a year and a half:

https://newhavenchargers.com/news/20...e-june-30.aspx

Re: New Haven AD Chris Palmer Announces Retirement

Any word on a possible replacement?

Comment

Looks like Assumption quietly fired their "new" AD after less than a year.

Comment

Originally posted by NE10Fan View Post
        Wow, any idea what was the reason?

Comment

Originally posted by NE10Fan View Post

Comment

Originally posted by NewHaven Alum View Post
            Wow, any idea what was the reason?
            Not for sure, but I think she assumed Field Hockey was just as important as football for the school.

Comment

Is New Haven going D1?

https://www.courant.com/sports/colle...7vu-story.html

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post
                Personally, it's a welcome news. New Haven has the ability for this move and most of all, staying in the NE10 is going nowhere for the university as far as sports are concerned.

Comment

Not surprised. New Haven will invest in athletics to make the school successful. It helps with recruitment for the student base.

The issue will be finding a conference to become part of.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Falewicz View Post
                    Not surprised. New Haven will invest in athletics to make the school successful. It helps with recruitment for the student base.

The issue will be finding a conference to become part of.
                    NEC?

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post

NEC?
                      If it was me, the CAA would be a better option?

Comment

You also need to look at the other sports they offer. It has to be a fit for all of them, not just football. NEC would be a good option as they have added Bryant, Merrimack and the merged LIU teams from the NE-10. CAA might be a stretch but anything is possible if they are willing to invest in athletics to upgrade facilities, give out more scholarships and pay the travel budget to be D1.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Falewicz View Post
                          You also need to look at the other sports they offer. It has to be a fit for all of them, not just football. NEC would be a good option as they have added Bryant, Merrimack and the merged LIU teams from the NE-10. CAA might be a stretch but anything is possible if they are willing to invest in athletics to upgrade facilities, give out more scholarships and pay the travel budget to be D1.
                          Elon university is an example of why I would hope that the CAA is a better choice. Elon was a member of SAC and New Haven used to played them here in North Carolina and also teams that are in the CAA now and New Haven always play these teams very close and those games were away games. Elon is now a very successful member of the CAA. If you look at Elon at the time they move to the CAA from the SAC and New Haven now, they are very similar, in facts, New Haven has a larger fan base now than Elon did. As far as the upgrading facilities, that shouldn't be a concern. New Haven has about 32 scholarships now anyway? I might not have the correct number, but should be close. On a side note, Head coach Pincince was a former coach at Elon so he knows. I think if New Haven moves to the NEC is a downgrade NOT an upgrade but that's just my opinion.
                          Last edited by NewHaven Alum; 09-05-2019, 02:47 PM.

Comment

Well it looks like there will be an athletics press conference to be streamed live for today at 10AM @ newhavenchargers,com

Comment

I agree! I think the way to go is a move to the CAA we would have a ready made rival in URI.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X