Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NE10 Pick'Em Week 2 Recap and Week 3 Preview

From the first couple weeks, it looks like the Friday Night Lights are causing crazy things to happen in the NE10. In Week 1, Bentley thumped West Chester and Southern CT State beat Central CT State. In Week 2, AIC storms back from 26-6 down to beat Pace 40-33 with four touchdowns in the fourth quarter. Yellow Jackets are 2-0 and with a win next week over Franklin Pierce, they could have a showdown with Bentley.

The scores from last week:

AIC storms back to beat Pace 40-33
    Lake Erie College beats Franklin Pierce 31-20
    Bentley holds off Assumption 40-28
    Stonehill beats Southern CT State 54-21

The standings for the Pick'Em are:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Week 2 results.jpg
Views:	344
Size:	27.1 KB
ID:	599021
    (Please let me know if you can't see the image-it's the first time I've tried uploading a picture.)

Week 3 is the first official week for NE10 league games, with 4 league games and New Haven having a big out of league game:

Friday, Sept. 17:
    St. Anselm (0-1) at Southern CT State (1-1), 7:00 PM

Saturday, Sept. 18:
    Pace (0-2) at Assumption (0-2), 1:00 PM
    Bowie State (CIAA, 1-1) at New Haven (1-0), 1:00 PM
    Stonehill (2-0) at Bentley (2-0), 2:00 PM
    AIC (2-0) at Franklin Pierce (0-2), 6:00 PM

Picks for this week are due at kickoff of the week's first game, meaning at 7:00 PM on Friday, Sept. 17. Good luck!

I watched the replay of the Stonehill/Southern game. A few observations:
    1) Stonehill's Fielder is good, but what is overlooked is how the Stonehill O-line just pushed SC around. SC, even in the recent hard years, is a physical team, but they got manhandled. Stonehill was in obvious running downs and SC had a bunch of people in the box, but still could not stop the run.

2) SC's OC, Bergeski, is probably the most predictable play caller ever. Very frustrating to watch with all the talent SC has on O. they have a huge TE (transfer from UConn) and did not even use him.

3) I miss the days of Southern having that stud tail back.

Comment

SCSU
      Assumption
      Bowie St
      Bentley
      AIC

Comment

SCSU
        Assumption
        BSU
        Stonehill
        AIC

Comment

Southern CT State
          Assumption
          Bowie State
          Bentley
          AIC
          Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

So. Conn. Assumption Bowie st. Bentley AIC

Comment

Friday, Sept. 17: Southern CT State (1-1) Saturday, Sept. 18: Assumption (0-2) New Haven (1-0) Bentley (2-0) AIC (2-0)

Comment

Southern Connecticut State, Assumption, New Haven, Bentley, AIC.
                Last edited by NewHaven Alum; 09-16-2021, 10:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Falewicz View Post
                  SCSU
                  Assumption
                  Bowie St
                  Bentley
                  AIC

Comment

SCSC - Time to push someone around.
                    Assumption - Got killed by 2 broken runs and a botched snap return for 6 vs Bentley. I think they are better than what they have shown
                    Bowie State - No nothing about Bowie St. other than they have a (number) beside their name.
                    Stonehill - Don't think Bentley can hang with them on either side of the ball.
                    AIC - Go with the hot hand.

Comment

Friday, Sept. 17:
                      St. Anselm (0-1) at Southern CT State (1-1), 7:00 PM

Saturday, Sept. 18:
                      Pace (0-2) at Assumption (0-2), 1:00 PM
                      Bowie State (CIAA, 1-1) at New Haven (1-0), 1:00 PM
                      Stonehill (2-0) at Bentley (2-0), 2:00 PM
                      AIC (2-0) at Franklin Pierce (0-2), 6:00 PM

Comment

Owls win last night in thrilling fashion, but, of course, Oslowsky gets hurt and misses the entire second half of the game. Paul, were you at the game? Any idea how bad the injury is?

Comment

Originally posted by Scowl View Post
                          Owls win last night in thrilling fashion, but, of course, Oslowsky gets hurt and misses the entire second half of the game. Paul, were you at the game? Any idea how bad the injury is?
                          I was not there but watched online. He was sacked a couple of times before he was replaced. We will see if he plays at New Haven next week.

It was a thrilling win for the Owls as they almost blew a 2 score lead in the 4th.

Comment

Crap. I was not paying attention when I entered the info. Veto my pick for the pick'em. I still have Stonehill.

Comment

Originally posted by Scowl View Post
                              The Friday games have been amazing this year. SCSU wins have been front and center in two of them, maybe they should petition the NE10 to get the rest of their games on Friday - they're 2-0 on Friday and 0-1 on Saturday. Well, except the New Haven game.

Here's an article with the Owls' winning kick and interview with the kicker:

https://scsuowls.com/news/2021/9/17/...me-opener.aspx

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X