Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Initial Regional Rankings...

NE10 gets three reps to start, #1-BENTLEY, #6-NEW HAVEN and #9-STONEHILL. GMAC is shut out of first RR.

Bentley controls their own destiny for the top spot. If they win out, they deserve the top spot. Best case scenario for 2 NE10 teams is that New Haven beats Bentley and they both finish 9-1. 2 teams in with a potential for 2 home games.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Falewicz View Post
      Bentley controls their own destiny for the top spot. If they win out, they deserve the top spot. Best case scenario for 2 NE10 teams is that New Haven beats Bentley and they both finish 9-1. 2 teams in with a potential for 2 home games.
      Actually Paul, both Bentley and New Haven are in control of their destiny right now, obviously the one in the driver's seat will decide this weekends. Like you said, the best chance for the NE10 to have at-least 2 teams in is that New Haven wins this game. What about the NE10 gets a third team in with Stonehill? It's gonna be hard but not impossible. Regardless, the NE10 should have at-least one team in the post season.
      Last edited by NewHaven Alum; 10-30-2021, 11:51 PM.

Comment

Had Assumption beat UNH which was there for taking and pulled of a miracle and upset Bentley...Had a shot but just cant finish.

Comment

Originally posted by NewHaven Alum View Post

Actually Paul, both Bentley and New Haven are in control of their destiny right now, obviously the one in the driver's seat will decide this weekends. Like you said, the best chance for the NE10 to have at-least 2 teams in is that New Haven wins this game. What about the NE10 gets a third team in with Stonehill? It's gonna be hard but not impossible. Regardless, the NE10 should have at-least one team in the post season.
          NE10 getting 3 in the RR 10 is a reality but 3 in the final 7 isn't happening. 2 has an outside shot but don't be surprised to see TIFFIN in the #9 spot and unless they lose in their final 2 games that locks up an EA slot for the GMAC champion. Three leagues with 29 teams and one league with 16 tends to sway things in their direction. As of today 8-0 CAL, and 8-1 SRU, SHEP and KUTZ are strong possibilities with only SRU possibly losing 2 straight. If only 3 make it the chances of both BENT and UNH making it go way up but not STNHL.....IMO.
          Last edited by CALUPA69; 10-31-2021, 06:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by NE10Fan View Post
            Had Assumption beat UNH which was there for taking and pulled of a miracle and upset Bentley...Had a shot but just cant finish.
            As a former charger, I would really hate to see this happen but any thing could happen on a football field on any given day. If the Hounds upset the Chargers yesterday and win out the rest of the season would ended up at 7-3 then there's a possibility that Assumption might make the final RR but I don't think they'll make the final 7. The only scenario that I could see Assumption makes the playoffs is if a team from the GMAC, like Tiffin, makes it to the post season and the Hounds could get in as an EA as the NE10 champs. As far as New Haven is concerned, they could kiss their season goodbye if they loose the game.

Comment

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post

NE10 getting 3 in the RR 10 is a reality but 3 in the final 7 isn't happening. 2 has an outside shot but don't be surprised to see TIFFIN in the #9 spot and unless they lose in their final 2 games that locks up an EA slot for the GMAC champion. Three leagues with 29 teams and one league with 16 tends to sway things in their direction. As of today 8-0 CAL, and 8-1 SRU, SHEP and KUTZ are strong possibilities with only SRU possibly losing 2 straight. If only 3 make it the chances of both BENT and UNH making it go way up but not STNHL.....IMO.
              You are correct and should clarify that there's a chance that Stonehill make the final RR but not the post season. There are two more games to be played next two weeks and we might see a very different final RR.

Comment

The issue with the NE10 teams in the RR is Franklin Pierce. They all play them over the final 3 weeks of the season and it hurts their OWP. Bentley took the 1st hit this weekend, Stonehill next, and New Haven the final weekend. Plus UNH takes it double as they play FPU twice this year. Right now, I can see 4 PSAC, 2 NE10, and 1 MEC. Surprised that the GMAC was absent but Tiffin needs to win out to end up in the top ten and potentially slide into the playoffs.

The great thing about the final 2 weeks is that a lot of the teams in contention are playing each other. It will sort itself out and then we will have the teams that will have a case that is left out. It happens each year.

Comment

The issue with the NE10 teams in the RR is Franklin Pierce. They all play them over the final 3 weeks of the season and it hurts their OWP. Bentley took the 1st hit this weekend, Stonehill next, and New Haven the final weekend. Plus UNH takes it double as they play FPU twice this year. Right now, I can see 4 PSAC, 2 NE10, and 1 MEC. Surprised that the GMAC was absent but Tiffin needs to win out to end up in the top ten and potentially slide into the playoffs.

The great thing about the final 2 weeks is that a lot of the teams in contention are playing each other. It will sort itself out and then we will have the teams that will have a case that is left out. It happens each year.
                  Not unreasonable possibility that SRU could lose two in a row and miss out completely. Playing CAL and @SHEP is a brutal end to the season and could drop them to 8-3 and #7 seed at best. Pretty much like IUP a promising season up in smoke in two weeks. I don't see them losing to my VULCANS at home but SHEP, playing for a high seed, will be very difficult.

Comment

Playing bad teams certainly doesn't help a teams SOS, but every conference has at least one. In the MEC's case it's 0-8 WV Wesleyan, PSAC has 0-8 Clarion and GMAC has 1-8 Walsh...FP is the NE10 anchor at 0-8.

In the MEC, current #10 RR Charleston got a bite of the sh!t sandwich that is 0-8 WV Wesleyan.
                    Last edited by boatcapt; 11-01-2021, 11:54 AM.

Comment

New Haven and Bentley seem to be locks. I cant see Stonehill getting in. I haven't looked at the other leagues or numbers but 3 teams from NE10 isn't often.

Comment

Originally posted by NE10Fan View Post
                        New Haven and Bentley seem to be locks. I cant see Stonehill getting in. I haven't looked at the other leagues or numbers but 3 teams from NE10 isn't often.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X