Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stonehill to NEC

Stonehill College Accepts Invitation to Join Northeast Conference - Northeast Conference

So will New Haven join the ACC or the SEC?

Comment

Post playing D2 football this season opens the door to the NE10. New Haven to the NEC is all but dead now.

Comment

I do not think New Haven is dead. With most of the conferences becoming larger the NEC could potentially lose more members and/or seek more new members. New Haven I have read about a number of times regarding realignment.

Comment

Yeah, the NEC is probably gonna lose one or two more teams to the MAAC and America East. I don't think they're done adding D2s.

Comment

I saw something on Bryant leaving the NEC.
            (cwfenn posted this on the New Haven to D1 thread)
            https://www.bryantbulldogs.com/gener...20220329qsgsm4

Comment

Originally posted by ne10nyc View Post
              Post playing D2 football this season opens the door to the NE10. New Haven to the NEC is all but dead now.
              And if the Utica to D1 hockey/D2 in other sports rumor is true, maybe that gets the NE10 at most, two new schools (Utica and Post). Otherwise, I'd be concerned about the future of NE10 football.
              Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Originally posted by NE10Fan View Post

Comment

They are moving their "D2" hockey team up to D1 as well, that's interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post

And if the Utica to D1 hockey/D2 in other sports rumor is true, maybe that gets the NE10 at most, two new schools (Utica and Post). Otherwise, I'd be concerned about the future of NE10 football.
                    I know its being said. I just can't see Utica coming into the NE10 with football. 4+ hour bus trips every weekend for NE10 schools is an expensive proposition.

Comment

Originally posted by ne10nyc View Post

I know its being said. I just can't see Utica coming into the NE10 with football. 4+ hour bus trips every weekend for NE10 schools is an expensive proposition.
                      I get that, but where else are they going to go if they do make the move? I'm sure the bus trips to Nassau County to play LIU Post weren't exactly cheap (other than for Pace, New Haven and Southern).

Comment

It seems unlikely the distance would keep Utica out. In most sports, NE10 teams already have to travel to Le Moyne.

Comment

Originally posted by NE10Fan View Post
                          Well, it has to be the ACC-how else can we start the Coach K to New Haven rumors?

Anyway, could Bentley be next?

Comment

Originally posted by Inkblot View Post
                            It seems unlikely the distance would keep Utica out. In most sports, NE10 teams already have to travel to Le Moyne.
                            On average, the distance difference between Utica and LeMoyne (in Syracuse) for most of the existing NE10 schools is between 35-45 fewer minutes and 40-50 fewer miles to the east.

Time/Mileage from NE10 football schools to Utica and LeMoyne:

*AIC: 3:02/185 miles; 3:42/230 miles
                            Assumption: 3:45/230 miles; 4:24/274 miles
                            Bentley: 4:09/257 miles; 4:48/252 miles
                            Franklin Pierce: 4:10/208 miles; 4:48/252 miles
                            *New Haven: 4:00/248 miles; 4:39/293 miles
                            *Pace: 3:39/229 miles; 4:15/260 miles
                            St Anselm: 4:49/295 miles; 5:27/340 miles
                            *Southern Connecticut: 3:59/242 miles; 4:37/287 miles

* - Teams in the same division (NE10 Southwest) as LeMoyne in basketball and baseball, among other sports

As a point of reference, potential future NE10 football member Post is 203 miles and 3:31 away from Utica.

Comment

There's a mileage table in the Utica thread comparing Utica's potential travel in the NE10 and the ECC.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X