Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like the underdogs came up short. Interested to see if there is any movement in the region.

Comment

Originally posted by cwfenn View Post
      No idea if this helps New Haven at all, but it’s sure nice seeing these PSAC teams ahead of them lose!
      It would certainly help the Chargers in the process, however it's a long shot. Assumption should get a first round bye I think and I will route for them in the playoffs unless my Chargers are in it too.

Comment

AIC sad season ends! 27-20. They put up a good fight. This program needs a revamp. Why was the OC the acting head coach?

Comment

Originally posted by UNH Chargers View Post

It would certainly help the Chargers in the process, however it's a long shot. Assumption should get a first round bye I think and I will route for them in the playoffs unless my Chargers are in it too.
          I think IUP is getting the bye and Assumption will be #2. Shepherd or Ashland probably #3 and the other #4. Notre Dame is probably #5. Gannon is likely out and Slippery Rock might be a bit nervous tomorrow. Concord might have gotten in by the skin of their teeth.

I think it comes down to how much Slippery Rock drops. Maybe Concord doesn’t go up either, who knows? New Haven needs to pray a bunch and maybe slip a few 100’s to the selection committee.
          Last edited by cwfenn; 11-12-2022, 09:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by yellowjacketalum View Post
            AIC sad season ends! 27-20. They put up a good fight. This program needs a revamp. Why was the OC the acting head coach?
            Didn’t see any word about the coach, guessing he was sick.

Comment

Originally posted by cwfenn View Post

I think IUP is getting the bye and Assumption will be #2. Shepherd or Ashland probably #3 and the other #4. Notre Dame is probably #5. Gannon is likely out and Slippery Rock might be a bit nervous tomorrow. Concord might have gotten in by the skin of their teeth.

I think it comes down to how much Slippery Rock drops. Maybe Concord doesn’t go up either, who knows? New Haven needs to pray a bunch and maybe slip a few 100’s to the selection committee.
              You are correct. IUP should have the first round bye and I don't know who is gonna be second with Assumption and Shepherd. Ashland is next at number 4. At number 5, I think it will be ND. At numer 6 is Concord after their big win against UNCP. Now at number 7, it could be between Slippery Rock and New Haven. I would hope it will be New Haven but again, it's a long shot. There is a scenario where the two NE10 teams might face each other again with New Haven would take another trip back to Worcester. Will see a better picture less than 24 hours from now.

Comment

Originally posted by UNH Chargers View Post

You are correct. IUP should have the first round bye and I don't know who is gonna be second with Assumption and Shepherd. Ashland is next at number 4. At number 5, I think it will be ND. At numer 6 is Concord after their big win against UNCP. Now at number 7, it could be between Slippery Rock and New Haven. I would hope it will be New Haven but again, it's a long shot. There is a scenario where the two NE10 teams might face each other again with New Haven would take another trip back to Worcester. Will see a better picture less than 24 hours from now.
                My money's on Slippery Rock, but I wouldn't reject another trip to Assumption.

Comment

Assumption should get a home game this Saturday. They should drop because of SOS so they will be 3 or 4 in the rankings. The final slot comes down to Concord or New Haven. It is going to be close but Concord might edge them out. We will see later at 5:30 PM.

Comment

It is clear that Southern Connecticut is no longer investing in its football program. The glory days are gone, and it sickens me. It was easier to have non-scholarship players when the tuition was only $10K-$15K. But now it is $30K for in-state and $41K for out of state. They just dont have the schollys to keep up and as state school, they probably wont get the funding. SC/UNH was a great rivalry for a while but you cannot call it a rivalry when only one team wins each year (UNH). SC has to decide if they are going to compete. If the new AD says no, then they might as well drop to D3. It pains me to write that, but without funding the program, which has so much tradition and a fair share of NFL players, is done.

Comment

Originally posted by Scowl View Post
                      It is clear that Southern Connecticut is no longer investing in its football program. The glory days are gone, and it sickens me. It was easier to have non-scholarship players when the tuition was only $10K-$15K. But now it is $30K for in-state and $41K for out of state. They just dont have the schollys to keep up and as state school, they probably wont get the funding. SC/UNH was a great rivalry for a while but you cannot call it a rivalry when only one team wins each year (UNH). SC has to decide if they are going to compete. If the new AD says no, then they might as well drop to D3. It pains me to write that, but without funding the program, which has so much tradition and a fair share of NFL players, is done.
                      I feel the same way about AIC

Comment

Originally posted by Scowl View Post
                        Everything in CT is so expensive these days-it’s been nearly 20 years since I was teaching in the state system there and they were talking about it then too, and all the consolidation and changes they made to the system didn’t stop anything. As a teacher in public colleges, I’ll tell you that the costs of public college is far too high everywhere.

It’s a shame about SCSU football too, because without Chris Palmer coaching them in the 80s, UNH doesn’t have the strong football program they have now. And one guess where Chris Palmer played? Yep, SCSU.
                        Last edited by cwfenn; 11-15-2022, 07:22 PM.

Comment

Didn't know if anyone still wanted to do playoff picks - If so, IronOre on the LSC board has one already set up on a Google Form:

https://www.d2football.com/forum/for...pick-em-week-1

(I'll be covering region 4 as part of my role as LSC columnist.)

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X