Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's been a while since we've heard anything about Utica or Nichols.

Comment

Originally posted by cwfenn View Post

At some point the NE10 will need them in, especially if and/or when New Haven (or someone else...every so often I'll see someone on Twitter say Bentley, but I couldn't tell you at all about their plans) decides to go Division 1.
      I think there is ZERO chance Bentley transitions to D1. They are already D1 in hockey. They've shown no interest in upgrading any other program.

As side note, while other NE-10 schools are celebrating the signing of 15-20 new freshmen - Bentley just announced a signing class of 8 [one of them a kicker].

Comment

Originally posted by BigCatcirca73 View Post
        I think there is ZERO chance Bentley transitions to D1. They are already D1 in hockey. They've shown no interest in upgrading any other program.

As side note, while other NE-10 schools are celebrating the signing of 15-20 new freshmen - Bentley just announced a signing class of 8 [one of them a kicker].

Any transfers besides the freshmen? Bentley seems to have lots of players coming back from last year's team don't they?

Comment

Originally posted by UNH Chargers View Post

Any transfers besides the freshmen? Bentley seems to have lots of players coming back from last year's team don't they?
          Have not heard of any transfers for Bentley - not uncommon. Their recent transfers have been grad transfers into their highly respected grad program.

They should return - 7/8 starters on offense - 6/7 starters on Def. Always tough to know which guy may come back for an extra semester as opposed to finishing the degree and going to work?

Comment

Originally posted by BigCatcirca73 View Post

Well add one more to the list and this is a big one because this guy is a great player and he played along with New Haven committed Anthony Rudiman from Westford Academy. This is the same high school where former New Haven's quarterback Connor Degenhardt played.

https://twitter.com/haggan_matty

Comment

Originally posted by NewHaven Alum View Post

True but why not now? This conference needs Post to be part of it and Post needs a conference to play in and The NE10 makes a lot of sense.
              I think Post eventually will become part of NE10 football. Wondering how affective can a school belongs in two separate conferences?

Comment

Ferris State has announced their schedule and they will host AIC on Oct. 28:

https://ferrisstatebulldogs.com/spor...20230214msd3b4

Comment

Looking around for schedules, I found that Southern Connecticut will play on Sept. 2 at Shepherd, a return game! I think this will be another tall order for the OWLS!

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU O Line View Post
                    Looking around for schedules, I found that Southern Connecticut will play on Sept. 2 at Shepherd, a return game! I think this will be another tall order for the OWLS!
                    Won't be easy but another year, another season with different players. UNH played them tough at thier place and just about everyone expected the game was gonna be a lopsided win by the home team.

Comment

Originally posted by New Haven Chargers View Post

Won't be easy but another year, another season with different players. UNH played them tough at thier place and just about everyone expected the game was gonna be a lopsided win by the home team.
                      If we have a kicker, the result might be different, just saying.

Comment

This has to be the earliest Assumption has released their schedule in the past 8 years. The past 4 or 5 years, they were the last to post anything, even up to a week before they kicked it off, so this is a big change. Drove me nuts. I would piece together AU's schedule by looking at everyone else's schedule before they posted.

I would note they hired a new AD and SID in the past year or so, so maybe they finally figured it out. Last I knew, Post was going to be a transition member to the NE10, in the same way Franklin Pierce was assimilated into a full DII - NE10 schedule, took a couple years. Assumption played Post last year ('22) and are listed as an associate member of the NE10 '22-'23. They pretty much got crushed by everyone, so maybe they have second thoughts.

Since Merrimack and LIU bolted there has been 8 teams. The league has played a non conference game versus an in conference opponent, plus a true OOC team. In Assumptions case, Kutztown has been their opening day opponent for many years. Grand Valley was on their schedule when the season was cancelled so that is a new add.

With 7 other conference opponents and 2 OOC's, that makes 9 games, so they double up by playing a 2nd NE10 team as a OOC to finish with 10 games total. I think you need to play 10 games to get ranked in the SR1 playoffs, but not positive. It is not ideal, but it's better than the travel needed to play a true OOC. The closest league to travel to would be the PSAC, They have no openings once their conference games start.

I hope I have at least some of the facts right! Oh, I forgot about Stonehill going fcs too. So the math changes.
                        Last edited by NE10Fan; 03-16-2023, 05:33 PM.

Comment

AIC opens the season at Central Connecticut on Sept. 2.

https://ccsubluedevils.com/sports/fb...20230320irttov
                          Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post
                            AIC opens the season at Central Connecticut on Sept. 2.

https://ccsubluedevils.com/sports/fb...20230320irttov
                            AIC not scheduling cupcakes, I see. CCSU isn’t that good but they’re still D1. And they play Ferris State too.

Comment

Saw on the General Discussion board that St. Francis of Brooklyn is dropping all their athletics programs. They are in the NEC and while SF doesn’t have football, the NEC is shrinking fast. Have a feeling they’re going to ask New Haven (or some other NE10 school) to join this year.
                              Last edited by cwfenn; 04-02-2023, 09:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by cwfenn View Post
                                Saw on the General Discussion board that St. Francis of Brooklyn is dropping all their athletics programs. They are in the NEC and while SF doesn’t have football, the NEC is shrinking fast. Have a feeling they’re going to ask New Haven (or some other NE10 school) to join this year.
                                Yup:

https://nypost.com/2023/03/20/st-fra...etics-program/
                                Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X