Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Haven posted 2023 football season.

Well we have a first ever night football game at DellaCamera stadium where UNH will host first ever meeting vs Frostburg State University on Thursday August 31st at 6pm. New Haven also will host Lincoln University (California) for the first meeting between the two schools. The interesting thing is UNH never post their schedule this early before.

https://newhavenchargers.com/sports/.../schedule/2023

Originally posted by NewHaven Alum View Post
    Well we have a first ever night football game at DellaCamera stadium where UNH will host first ever meeting vs Frostburg State University on Thursday August 31st at 6pm. New Haven also will host Lincoln University (California) for the first meeting between the two schools. The interesting thing is UNH never post their schedule this early before.

https://newhavenchargers.com/sports/.../schedule/2023
    I'll ask again, what's the NCAA Classification of Lincoln [Cal]?

What kind of rules are they subjected to regards: scholarships, eligibility and so on?

Comment

Originally posted by BigCatcirca73 View Post

I'll ask again, what's the NCAA Classification of Lincoln [Cal]?

What kind of rules are they subjected to regards: scholarships, eligibility and so on?
      I don't know much about Lincoln, but as much as I know, they are in their third season of football. They started their football program in 2021 and are reportedly aiming for NCAA Division II classification, however, nothing is confirmed. To date, Lincoln has played every game on the road and I don't think they even won a game yet and I think they don't even have a home stadium to host a game. According to The Press Break, The Oaklanders have exclusively played NCAA members, but the program's statistics are not part of the NCAA's databases. Therefore, I believe this game is NOT part of NCAA qualification and will not count as a win or loss. I could be completely wrong here however.

Comment

Lincoln (CA) is not a member of any athletic association.

Comment

All I need to know about Lincoln I got from this game two years ago:

https://wildcatsports.com/sports/foo.../boxscore/6513

I was writing about Central Washington and their old conference at the time and I went on a rant about Lincoln. I’ll spare you the details, but basically I think they have no business fielding a team.

I really hope things have changed since this game, but I doubt it. New Haven may be paying them to play.

Here’s their results history. They have three total wins, with one over a D2 team in Bluefield State, who also have only had a program a couple of years:

https://college-football-results.com/f/lincoca.htm

Comment

Originally posted by Inkblot View Post
            Lincoln (CA) is not a member of any athletic association.
            So, Lincoln [CA] could show up with a bunch of young kids or they could show up with Shane Falco and the Washington Sentinels? 😎

Comment

So, Lincoln [CA] could show up with a bunch of young kids or they could show up with Shane Falco and the Washington Sentinels? 😎
              Well it's an interesting way to put it, but I guess it's pretty much like you said.

Comment

Well, if Gene Hackman shows up as the coach, I’d be worried. He doesn’t lose in big games!

Comment

So any school could just field a team and not worry about any kind of NCAA rules and regulations whatsoever? And if this is true, then what is the point of NCAA involvement? Am I missing something here?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X