Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Millersville Football...back to the stone ages?

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Millersville Football...back to the stone ages?

What the heck happened there? Anyone know what's going on?
    Breitbach seemed like he had the team on the right track. Why did AD Gallagher decide to cut him loose AFTER the recruiting period?
    From what I recall, the last HC at Millersville exited ( on his own , though) in Feb or March of '13. They then brought Breitbach in.
    Millersville has an "acting HC" taking the team through spring ball. The AD is quoted as saying they're on a national search for a new coach.
    Someone needs to give Gallagher a clue. You don't start a national search in March. You do that in November. You have a HC who's made more strides in 5 years, than the previous 10.
    Again, no HC as of yet....what are recruits going to do? Wait until Gallagher gets Meyer or Saban? Ain't happening.
    Looking at the coaching roster, there is no offensive guy right now...or at least not one who can judge say, the QB situation. What offense will they run? What will they be running in Sept.
    Gallagher has just set Millersville football back to the stone ages....ok..well if not, at least 10 years. He may change his mind when booster money dries up.!!

Re: Millersville Football...back to the stone ages?

Yeah, this should have been done in Nov or Dec. Wow. I guess this spring practice will be a little disappointing.

Comment

The timing makes me wonder if there's more to the story.

Comment

well, that's kind of my point.......why this AD is prolonging this process is beyond comprehension. They've already finished spring ball and still no word.
        Recruits on the bubble, players pondering a move to another school...even assistant coaches wondering if their jobs are safe.
        If I was a player or a parent of a prospect, I'd tell them "don't call me, I'll call you". I see nothing positive coming out of this, not to mention the potential for long term damage and reputation.
        It'll be interesting, to say the least

Comment

Originally posted by QBWR View Post
          well, that's kind of my point.......why this AD is prolonging this process is beyond comprehension. They've already finished spring ball and still no word.
          Recruits on the bubble, players pondering a move to another school...even assistant coaches wondering if their jobs are safe.
          If I was a player or a parent of a prospect, I'd tell them "don't call me, I'll call you". I see nothing positive coming out of this, not to mention the potential for long term damage and reputation.
          It'll be interesting, to say the least
          Unfortunately this doesn't work like FBS jobs where the AD calls someone says, "We'd like you to take this job" and the guy calls him back the next day with an answer.

Its a union job so there's a lengthy drawn-out process that by way of the CBA must take place:
          1. Search committee formed
          2. Search committee agrees on the job listing
          3. Job is advertised
          4. Search committee starts to review resumes ONLY after the published deadline is passed
          5. Search committee agrees on semi-finalists to Skype or phone interview
          6. Skype interviews
          7. Search committee agrees on finalists for campus interviews
          8. Campus interviews
          9. Search committee makes a recommendation to the AD
          10. Job offer

Online the application deadline was March 29 so we're probably on Step 4.

Either Breitbach was reassigned or something personal is going on and he can't do the job any longer. Without termination those are the only likely scenarios I can think of.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
            Unfortunately this doesn't work like FBS jobs where the AD calls someone says, "We'd like you to take this job" and the guy calls him back the next day with an answer.

Its a union job so there's a lengthy drawn-out process that by way of the CBA must take place:
            1. Search committee formed
            2. Search committee agrees on the job listing
            3. Job is advertised
            4. Search committee starts to review resumes ONLY after the published deadline is passed
            5. Search committee agrees on semi-finalists to Skype or phone interview
            6. Skype interviews
            7. Search committee agrees on finalists for campus interviews
            8. Campus interviews
            9. Search committee makes a recommendation to the AD
            10. Job offer

Online the application deadline was March 29 so we're probably on Step 4.

Either Breitbach was reassigned or something personal is going on and he can't do the job any longer. Without termination those are the only likely scenarios I can think of.
            thanks for the informative answer.

According to the local press release (Lancaster) and the school's website, Breitbach, was in fact, "reasigned".

Based on your response, it further demonstrates how poorly this whole process has been handled. So, if all of the above goes as scheduled, you're looking at a new coach not on campus until sometime in (possibly) May????? That's not counting their first few choices declining for one reason or another (pay, contract length) to the "sorry you took too long, I'm already hired at _____ State Univ."

I can see Gallagher's press conference: " after a long and exhaustive search, we will be introducing the new head coach. He will be here in time for Homecoming".....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think Breitbach can do his job. I think it's the AD who can't do his job any longer.

what a complete debacle

Comment

ok .....after looking/Googling/searching I found this tucked away deep in the Millersville.edu website. The following is an update to what I found the other day

http://blogs.millersville.edu/villed...april-17-2018/

after clicking that, scroll to coaches candidate forum. The other day, it listed Frostburg State's HC, DeLane Fitzgerald, as Tuesday April 17th's coaching candidate, but I guess he dropped out....or maybe he met with Gallagher and decided he'd rather work at Walmart.

I'm a bit curious as to why this whole process has been shrouded in secrecy. Anyone?????

I think the obvious choice will be Folmar, but can Millersville afford him....and his staff?
              Last edited by QBWR; 04-20-2018, 11:12 AM. Reason: need to add comment

Comment

Coach Morgan has interviewed previously for the Millersville job, if Folmar isn't affordable they'd be wise to hop on him as he has recruiting contacts in the 717 area code as well as Southeastern PA region, he has done a great job recruiting at Ship and would be a great choice for Millersville.

Comment

Comment

I completely agree. I think the chance to HC at your alma mater, is far outweighed by the brutal PSAC West schedule they have, the roughly 2 months they have to prepare before camp starts, with no knowledge of any of the players, assembling a staff etc... yikes....frightening. I'd stay with Elon and the fruits that success there, will bring.

Comment

You have to admit, that's a pretty solid group of finalists.

Comment

Any word yet on who they offered the job to? :wink:

Comment

Originally posted by BoroLetterman View Post
                          Any word yet on who they offered the job to? :wink:
                          I've been snooping as much as I can, yet I haven't heard anything. Although one booster mentioned others ( other boosters and a number of people who had committed to financial support)
                          are none too pleased with the change or how the admin and AD handled everything. We'll see if money does in fact, change everything.

Comment

ok .....after looking/Googling/searching I found this tucked away deep in the Millersville.edu website. The following is an update to what I found the other day

http://blogs.millersville.edu/villed...april-17-2018/

after clicking that, scroll to coaches candidate forum. The other day, it listed Frostburg State's HC, DeLane Fitzgerald, as Tuesday April 17th's coaching candidate, but I guess he dropped out....or maybe he met with Gallagher and decided he'd rather work at Walmart.

I'm a bit curious as to why this whole process has been shrouded in secrecy. Anyone?????

I think the obvious choice will be Folmar, but can Millersville afford him....and his staff?
                            Wonder why he dropped out?

Comment

I've been snooping as much as I can, yet I haven't heard anything. Although one booster mentioned others ( other boosters and a number of people who had committed to financial support)
                              are none too pleased with the change or how the admin and AD handled everything. We'll see if money does in fact, change everything.
                              Maybe just wait for fall camp .... goodness. Great for recruiting.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X