Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Millersville Football...back to the stone ages?

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Millersville Football...back to the stone ages?

Originally posted by MC1313 View Post
    recruiting out of the DMV more.
    Once Shepard comes to the League other coaches will start watching closer at what they do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    VERY difficult for Millersville to grab any player of quality from the DMV with their extremely low amount of equivalent scholarship. Millersville bottom-line cost for a DMV recruit can even match up with Shepherd, who participates in the Southern Regional Education Board's Academic Common Market program (https://www.sreb.org/academic-common-market ), which allow students to pay in-state tuition if they choose a particular degree.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
      I'd check IUP's roster ... and IUP would blow Frostburg out of the stadium.
      No need to check IUP roster, go check Frostburg St's roster...then look at the players respective highlight reels. No way can Frostburg St compete with any D2 schools RIGHT now. It will take them a few years to flip their rosters from D3 talent to D2 talent. Yes, D-III school do some recruiting, but they are last to go thru the "buffet line" after FBS, FCS, and D-II schools have picked over the top talent.
      Last edited by ShoNuff; 08-31-2018, 03:33 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Originally posted by cwfenn View Post
        Ouch. As it is, Millersville already crapped this season away with their decades-long (well, maybe it just seemed that way) coaching search. Morgan never had a fair shot this year.
        nobody twisted his arm to take the job....he knew what he was getting into....and this goes back to start of this thread.....WTF was the AD Gallagher thinking when he decided to start a search in late March.....and no it wasn't a Breitbach issue, nor was it some double secret thing that happened, nor what it a health issue or anything else the talking heads are coming up with as reasons. Poor, poor planning and horrible inexperienced athletic department management. Nothing more, nothing less...Now Ville football is paying the Piper, unfortunately

Comment

[QUOTE= Yes, D-II school do some recruiting, but they are last to go thru the "buffet line" after FBS, FCS, and D-II schools have picked over the top talent.[/QUOTE]

Agreed and in the past 10 +/- years, Ive seen the talent level at DII really sore. Many of whom I feel are definitely FCS, maybe even FBS worthy players

Comment

Originally posted by QBWR View Post
            Agreed and in the past 10 +/- years, Ive seen the talent level at DII really sore. Many of whom I feel are definitely FCS, maybe even FBS worthy players
            My apologies QBWR, I meant to say D-3 (D-III) vice D-2 (D-II). What I am trying to say is that quite a few players on a D-III roster are players that wasn't heavily recruited. Some are even allowed to come even though they didn't played much in high school.

Comment

Originally posted by jrshooter View Post
              I was at the Department of Motor Vehicles just the other day. Possibly could find some linemen there, but no skills. :smile-big:
              :good: They got a little age on 'em also ...

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                I'd check IUP's roster ... and IUP would blow Frostburg out of the stadium.

Meant to say in the East conference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jrshooter View Post
                  I was at the Department of Motor Vehicles just the other day. Possibly could find some linemen there, but no skills. :smile-big:
                  At least you're not stuck with a paper version of your license for a few weeks as is the case in Texas. Found that out the hard way, but at least I have my passport as a valid "hard copy" ID card. Don't know about finding a lineman at a Texas license center, but the DPS licensing mega centers down here are staffed with state troopers (licensing in Texas is supervised by the Department of Public Safety, of which the Texas Highway Patrol is a part of).
                  Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X