Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Edinboro, Grand Valley to play in 2019, 2020 and 2021

Originally posted by shipfbfan12 View Post
    I'm sure they are being paid fairly well and guess what if Coach Bradford believes he needs to challenge his team early in the season to be ready to take on Cal, IUP, Rock in division play why not play the best rather than play a cupcake game. I rather see them play and compete against a beast like GVSU than take a SOS hit blowing out Cheyney or Millersville. As the old saying goes to be the best you have to beat the best.
    Thanks for the comments.
    This looks like a nice opponent for GV. The Scots look like they've been improving as of late. Here's hoping that trend continues. Hope to see some of you at Lubbers in '19. A few of us will be making the treck to "Scots" land in'20.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
      Edinboro goes 0-3 in those games.
      At least Custer only had to play at the Little Big Horn once. Goodness!

-

Comment

Originally posted by IUPNation View Post
        Will Grand Valley be sending their jets to Erie to
        Pick them up?
        Unless you can verify that you have been banging on our door relentlessly for years and we have consistently told you "no", this statement makes zero sense. I have little doubt that we would be happy to play you.

Comment

Originally posted by Irishlaker View Post
          Unless you can verify that you have been banging on our door relentlessly for years and we have consistently told you "no", this statement makes zero sense. I have little doubt that we would be happy to play you.
          Grand Valley stopped playing IUP after their record reached 0-6 against us. Then you got the one big win in the last meeting.

Did Edinboro relentlessly pursue this series? IUP is playing Ashland...so it's not like they are afraid to play with the big boys of the GLIAC. Grand Valley could have swooped in and challenge IUP to a three year series (two in Indiana and one in Rubbers Stadium of course)...but they didn't.

The article stats that it's hard for GV to find teams non conference to play them. IUP had nobody set up past this year with Ashland. So IUP was available.

They article states GV wants to play the best nationally. Edinboro hasn't even been the best in the PSAC West in well over a decade.

I just think it's interesting that GV didn't try to restart the IUP rivalry of the 1990's (albeit it was all one sided with IUP winning every game).

Comment

Grand Valley stopped playing IUP after their record reached 0-6 against us. Then you got the one big win in the last meeting.

Did Edinboro relentlessly pursue this series? IUP is playing Ashland...so it's not like they are afraid to play with the big boys of the GLIAC. Grand Valley could have swooped in and challenge IUP to a three year series (two in Indiana and one in Rubbers Stadium of course)...but they didn't.

The article stats that it's hard for GV to find teams non conference to play them. IUP had nobody set up past this year with Ashland. So IUP was available.

They article states GV wants to play the best nationally. Edinboro hasn't even been the best in the PSAC West in well over a decade.

I just think it's interesting that GV didn't try to restart the IUP rivalry of the 1990's (albeit it was all one sided with IUP winning every game).
            I sincerely doubt that GV DIDN'T try to restart it. Do you have true firsthand knowledge that it's the case or is is conjecture based upon open dates and past opponents? Reality isn't always perception. Perception is many a time ones lazy reality. Perception may be ones reality, but many a times isn't everyone's.

Comment

Focus, Daniel-San.

This isn't an IUP thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Redwing View Post
                I sincerely doubt that GV DIDN'T try to restart it. Do you have true firsthand knowledge that it's the case or is is conjecture based upon open dates and past opponents? Reality isn't always perception. Perception is many a time ones lazy reality. Perception may be ones reality, but many a times isn't everyone's.
                I'm just saying...GV ordered Sirloin when Filet Mignon was on the menu for the same price.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                  Focus, Daniel-San.

This isn't an IUP thread.
                  ...but eventually they all do don't they?

Comment

...but eventually they all do don't they?
                    That's correct.

I don't think I ever laughed harder than last fall when like the Ship vs. Bloom game thread turned in to like 27 straight posts on the IUP game.

Comment

I would assume that IUP is the one who ended that streak to focus on games closer to campus. That's an easy 8 hours on a bus from Indiana to Allendale.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                        That's correct.

I don't think I ever laughed harder than last fall when like the Ship vs. Bloom game thread turned in to like 27 straight posts on the IUP game.
                        I think it's good for Edinboro that they reeled in a big fish to play...but I am just chuckling that GV looked to the PSAC for an opponent and didn't engage IUP...or even Slimey or Mon Valley U. I mean if your goal is to play the better programs........

Comment

Well, if you're going to pay out for an opponent ... you dang-sure better win.

I don't think anybody would be in a hurry to invite IUP (and pay them). Aside from that, IUP would never sign in to a 2-away, 1-home series. It would have to be a home and home split (like the Ashland series).

After the near win at Youngstown State in 1999 ... one thing was very clear. IUP was never, ever getting invited back to Youngstown.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
                            I would assume that IUP is the one who ended that streak to focus on games closer to campus. That's an easy 8 hours on a bus from Indiana to Allendale.
                            I think it was dropped because the NCAA changed the playoff criteria so that it hurt your playoff chances to play out of conference, non-contiguous state teams. GVSU and SVSU were both great series' for IUP.

Comment

Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post
                              I think it was dropped because the NCAA changed the playoff criteria so that it hurt your playoff chances to play out of conference, non-contiguous state teams. GVSU and SVSU were both great series' for IUP.
                              Although, with Hillsdale joining the GMAC and, in turn, the GMAC is part of Super Region 1, I believe that any GLIAC opponent from Michigan would be an in-region opponent for a PSAC squad.
                              Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Originally posted by EdinboroFB View Post
                                Probably the best money game you can get nowadays with the 1AA's playing up for the most part. No more YSU vs the PSAC.
                                Good point although the HBCU's at the FCS level still play D2 schools and will pay a good guarantee well the SWAC schools shall I say and a few MEAC schools (Norfolk State, SC State) will for sure pay well in guarantees as they have the following to put 10-20k in the stands while showing off their band and step teams during halftime.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X