Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Edinboro, Grand Valley to play in 2019, 2020 and 2021

Originally posted by IUPNation View Post
    I think it's good for Edinboro that they reeled in a big fish to play...but I am just chuckling that GV looked to the PSAC for an opponent and didn't engage IUP...or even Slimey or Mon Valley U. I mean if your goal is to play the better programs........
    Again. Can you absolutely verify that we did not reach out to you? Can you absolutely verify that you have been asking us to play and we have said "no"? If you can't absolutely verify either of those instances, then you can't claim that "we didn't engage IUP", or that "IUP was available for the same price and we weren't up to challenging you".

Dude, seriously...I can tell you right now that there is no one in our athletic department that would not be all over scheduling you guys if it could be made to happen. The premise that we somehow "chickened out" from scheduling IUP for the next three years is both unfounded and laughable.

I love how somehow our going 0-6 against you 20 or 25 years ago when NONE OF THE SAME PEOPLE WERE AROUND at either place somehow has anything to do with today. Yeah..."we're afraid of you guys...you have us pegged...we beat you once a million years ago and are afraid we can't do it again".

Please...

Comment

Let's compare the GV and Boro series to D1 teams signing a 3 year deal... Who would the Lakers and Fighting Scots be?

Grand Valley = Alabama?
      Edinboro = ?

Comment

Neither school is afraid of the other. Both are top-tier programs used to calling the shots in non-conference scheduling. Neither is taking a 2-away for 1-home deal. Both have earned that status. Both have money. A lot of it.

Ego's certainly get in the way. IUP is never going to take a two on the road for one at home. NEVER. They've earned the right to not take such offers. So has GVSU. Boro is taking the money. Nothing more.

Comment

Originally posted by casey1017 View Post
          Let's compare the GV and Boro series to D1 teams signing a 3 year deal... Who would the Lakers and Fighting Scots be?

Grand Valley = Alabama?
          Edinboro = ?
          Pitt

Comment

Edinboro, Grand Valley to play in 2019, 2020 and 2021

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
            Well, if you're going to pay out for an opponent ... you dang-sure better win.

I don't think anybody would be in a hurry to invite IUP (and pay them). Aside from that, IUP would never sign in to a 2-away, 1-home series. It would have to be a home and home split (like the Ashland series).

After the near win at Youngstown State in 1999 ... one thing was very clear. IUP was never, ever getting invited back to Youngstown.

Comment

Originally posted by Irishlaker View Post
              Again. Can you absolutely verify that we did not reach out to you? Can you absolutely verify that you have been asking us to play and we have said "no"? If you can't absolutely verify either of those instances, then you can't claim that "we didn't engage IUP", or that "IUP was available for the same price and we weren't up to challenging you".

Dude, seriously...I can tell you right now that there is no one in our athletic department that would not be all over scheduling you guys if it could be made to happen. The premise that we somehow "chickened out" from scheduling IUP for the next three years is both unfounded and laughable.

I love how somehow our going 0-6 against you 20 or 25 years ago when NONE OF THE SAME PEOPLE WERE AROUND at either place somehow has anything to do with today. Yeah..."we're afraid of you guys...you have us pegged...we beat you once a million years ago and are afraid we can't do it again".

Please...

Did I hit a nerve?

Comment

Not going to happen. Budget buster as previously discussed a while back. IUP is only interested in an 11th game at home with a tune up in mind like St. Augs or a similar victim. Especially with a new QB in 2019.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPNation View Post
                  Did I hit a nerve?
                  Not in the least. You're speaking in absolutes that you can't back up, and I'm calling you out on it.

I'll gladly trade our 1-6 against you that is a generation ago in exchange for all of the NCAA Regional and National hardware we have, so given our resume vs. yours there is nary a nerve to hit.

Comment

Edinboro, Grand Valley to play in 2019, 2020 and 2021

Originally posted by Irishlaker View Post
                    Not in the least. You're speaking in absolutes that you can't back up, and I'm calling you out on it.

I'll gladly trade our 1-6 against you that is a generation ago in exchange for all of the NCAA Regional and National hardware we have, so given our resume vs. yours there is nary a nerve to hit.
                    Last edited by IUPNation; 06-08-2018, 06:36 AM.

Comment

Quit making everything about IUP.

Comment

Lol. Always just a matter of time until the thread reverts back to Jimmy Stewartville.

Comment

Scheduling non-conference games is difficult for PSAC teams. There is only one possible week and its the same week for everyone. Most conferences scatter the off week throughout the schedule. Plus PSAC teams have much smaller operating budgets than other schools. Those 6 hour coach bus trips can cost quite a bit. Eventually those operating budgets will be so low we'll be seeing Cal vs Washington & Jefferson. Actually divisions aside that could be a fun series.

Comment

I just want to point out that Edinboro is nationally ranked in at least one national publication and Grand Valley is not. I know those rankings don't mean anything but might they actually mean something?

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
                              Quit making everything about IUP.
                              It's just inevitable.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
                                Scheduling non-conference games is difficult for PSAC teams. There is only one possible week and its the same week for everyone. Most conferences scatter the off week throughout the schedule. Plus PSAC teams have much smaller operating budgets than other schools. Those 6 hour coach bus trips can cost quite a bit. Eventually those operating budgets will be so low we'll be seeing Cal vs Washington & Jefferson. Actually divisions aside that could be a fun series.
                                Big Game when I was hanging near the MON was versus WAYNESBURG. One year they had a really nice scrambling QB by the name of HARRY THEOFILIDES. Good enough that he played some on Sunday for the SKINS.
                                Don't know how hard it was to schedule, but 9 of the last 10 years the VULCANS have played the likes of SAGGY VALLEY, ST CLOUD, HILLSDALE, VIRGINIA STATE and ODU which strikes me as a decent OOC schedule neither impossible as BORO's may be nor a walkover like '16 vs CHEYNEY. @ ODU should be a challenging start to this year's very tough season. Time will tell.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X