Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post
    I always thought it was nice to have a high level of access to your state rep. A quick search yielded a 2005 report from the PA Economy League that placed the cost to taxpayers for the legislature at $452 million. Let's say it's doubled since then. So, yeah a savings of $300 or $400 million could go a long way to funding PASSHE. The problem there is that money would never make its way to the state system.

Comment

Comment

Re: Edinboro, Grand Valley to play in 2019, 2020 and 2021

That poll I speak of above is the Lindy's Sports D-II Pre-Season Top 25 Poll.

Comment

Well, you guys can use the money grab to pay the volleyball coach. LOL.

Comment

Grand Valley is beatable. They lost 3 games last year. To..( according to the final regular season D2football poll)...#3 Ashland by 3, #6 Ferris by 1, and #9 Indianapolis by 4. Any preseason poll without them in the top 25 is a worthless poll.

Comment

I wonder if the money will just go into the blackhole of negative account balances. I guess atleast we know it wont be somehow steered to wrestling. :)

Comment

Originally posted by EdinboroFB View Post
                I wonder if the money will just go into the blackhole of negative account balances. I guess atleast we know it wont be somehow steered to wrestling. :)
                :laugh:

Comment

I'm pretty sure gv is more concerned about winning another Natty...it's been awhile...than they r about evening a series....we only won once...but it was the last time we played and I believe the score was 50-6 at halftime

Comment

Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post
                    I just want to point out that Edinboro is nationally ranked in at least one national publication and Grand Valley is not. I know those rankings don't mean anything but might they actually mean something?
                    i haven't checked so maybe u r right...but I'd b rather surprised if gv isn't ranked in any preseason polls

Comment

Grand Valley is beatable. They lost 3 games last year. To..( according to the final regular season D2football poll)...#3 Ashland by 3, #6 Ferris by 1, and #9 Indianapolis by 4. Any preseason poll without them in the top 25 is a worthless poll.
                      all 3 losses were road losses

Comment

Originally posted by dvaara View Post
                        all 3 losses were road losses
                        I did see that and all 3 are home this year with a road trip to Delta St. which is an interesting match up. That comment was proving my point to an earlier poster that you have to be really good to beat GV even still.

Comment

Not sure where the other threads are disappearing to but... In one of those other threads....title 9 or Edinboro football... Someone said about the wrestling hire at Edinboro signaling a change in priority for Edinboro. I cant remember who it was but it was one of the IUP guys... but to that point. I just saw salaries for the new WBB coach and the new Wrestling coach. WBB is at 80,000. D1 Wresting is at 75,000. Both are boro alums and both have no HC experience...and about the same amount of assistant experience. Pretty even. Except one was D1 experience.

Comment

Not sure where the other threads are disappearing to but... In one of those other threads....title 9 or Edinboro football... Someone said about the wrestling hire at Edinboro signaling a change in priority for Edinboro. I cant remember who it was but it was one of the IUP guys... but to that point. I just saw salaries for the new WBB coach and the new Wrestling coach. WBB is at 80,000. D1 Wresting is at 75,000. Both are boro alums and both have no HC experience...and about the same amount of assistant experience. Pretty even. Except one was D1 experience.
                            I don't think its a change in priority as much as they can't afford to pay big boy salaries when enrollment is down 30% from when they were still a little boy with thousands more students. I'm starting to think that Flynn's salary was what it was because of his tenure and continued success rather than because of an advantageous relationship. If there had been some turnover at HC for wrestling in the past 20+ years I think that salary would have stayed lower. Those 3-5% merit raises add up over 21 years. But I could be wrong too.

Comment

Maybe, but if it was just add up over time....Swank ended 31 years at 113k and Flynn 21 years at 137k. But now WBB is higher than D1 wrestling all things being fairly even. Something is different. I think both new hires could've been less considering the state of the school and both new HC's would probably still be here.

Comment

That was me and it's a clear change of priorities. It's hard to argue that it's not. BB dictated the priorities and going forward he does not. It really is that simple whether you want to believe it or not.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X