Clear All

• Edinboro, Grand Valley to play in 2019, 2020 and 2021

Announced today:

Grand Valley State Signs Three-Year Agreement To Play Edinboro
    http://www.indianagazette.com
    www.twitter.com/MattBurglund

Re: Edinboro, Grand Valley to play in 2019, 2020 and 2021

Originally posted by Matt Burglund View Post
    That takes some guts on EU's part. Though GVSU has been down a bit recently, adding a school of that caliber to a schedule the already has IUP, SRU,CALU and likely SHEP , will almost guarantee 2-4 loses no matter who else is on the remaining 6-7 games. Unless something radical has happened that we're unaware of, this doesn't seem like the smartest move. Time will tell.

Comment

Edinboro goes 0-3 in those games.

Comment

Hope they are being paid well.

Comment

I'm sure they are being paid fairly well and guess what if Coach Bradford believes he needs to challenge his team early in the season to be ready to take on Cal, IUP, Rock in division play why not play the best rather than play a cupcake game. I rather see them play and compete against a beast like GVSU than take a SOS hit blowing out Cheyney or Millersville. As the old saying goes to be the best you have to beat the best.

Comment

Originally posted by shipfbfan12 View Post
            I'm sure they are being paid fairly well and guess what if Coach Bradford believes he needs to challenge his team early in the season to be ready to take on Cal, IUP, Rock in division play why not play the best rather than play a cupcake game. I rather see them play and compete against a beast like GVSU than take a SOS hit blowing out Cheyney or Millersville. As the old saying goes to be the best you have to beat the best.
            ... and just don't leave in body bags.

Comment

Probably the best money game you can get nowadays with the 1AA's playing up for the most part. No more YSU vs the PSAC.
              Last edited by EdinboroFB; 06-06-2018, 12:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by EdinboroFB View Post
                Probably the best money game you can get nowadays with the 1AA's playing up for the most part. No more YSU vs the PSAC.
                You'll probably also play in front of more people. They averaged 13,432 per home game.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                  Hope they are being paid well.
                  I heard there is some good money involved. It's a big recruiting win. Playing in front of 13,000-14,000 at GVSU versus playing in front of 1,200 at Kentucky State. Which is more appealing?

Comment

Might be a rather weak GV team in 2019. They'll be replacing 4-year starters at both QB and RB in 2019, so who knows what they will look like.
                    2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

GV doesn't rebuild, they restock. Edinboro can recruit out of this world and still not compete against that team. Edinboro doesn't have the resources.

Comment

Edinboro is also going to be losing 15-20 seniors this year...a lot of which will start. With a 9 guy recruiting class and a few of those being 2 year guys. Probably a bad time to put GV on the schedule on top of the tougher crossover games. Kutz and Bloom in 18' and 19'. I don't think getting pounded in front of 13k is good for much.. especially if you might be struggling for wins at all in the next few years. I'd take a Lake Erie type win. If they could make a Bill Snyder type schedule and start 4-0 I'd go with that.

Comment

Take the money and run. I don't know about recruiting. Most high school players on the East coast have never heard of GVSU.

Money is what you need for recruiting. This helps.

Comment

Comment

Here is the Edinboro release...

http://gofightingscots.com/news/2018...ley-state.aspx

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X