Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lindy's Sports D-II Pre-Season Top 25 Poll and All D-II Teams

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
    You guys are going too far with this. We've covered this extensively on the basketball board. Lombardi mouthed off to Staunch in ONE GAME this past season and must have said something to set off Staunch. Yeah Staunch got in his face and they had to be separated - but no penalty was called and in future games there weren't any issues. So why the need to bring it up? Also, all the onus isn't on Staunch for getting upset. If it was Edinboro's 5-9 player causing the scene with IUP's 6-6 player you wouldn't be reacting this way nor would you call your player a goon (which you did many times on the basketball forum).
    Let's just say I know for a fact that if Dante would've played in the PSAC playoff game, the first time he drove the lane Staunch was going to drill him.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
      Let's just say I know for a fact that if Dante would've played in the PSAC playoff game, the first time he drove the lane Staunch was going to drill him.
      Source? That's a pretty big accusation based on speculation.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
        Source? That's a pretty big accusation based on speculation.

Comment

OL - Colin McAllister JR IUP. Here's a guy who was a third string DL in 2016. Moved to OL spring ball 2017 because of a shortage of OL and jumped through the window of opportunity and now is being mentioned as an All-American. Fantastic job and lesson how football mirrors life outside football! In life, we're all provided with windows of opportunity. Prepare within your chosen endeavor for when that window opens, jump through it, reap your just rewards, never look back, and remain humble.

This message brought to you by Monk Life Ministries - Better People for a Better World.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPMonk View Post
            OL - Colin McAllister JR IUP. Here's a guy who was a third string DL in 2016. Moved to OL spring ball 2017 because of a shortage of OL and jumped through the window of opportunity and now is being mentioned as an All-American. Fantastic job and lesson how football mirrors life outside football! In life, we're all provided with windows of opportunity. Prepare within your chosen endeavor for when that window opens, jump through it, reap your just rewards, never look back, and remain humble.

This message brought to you by Monk Life Ministries - Better People for a Better World.
            I like it.

Comment

So I guess Edinboro scheduling with GV has a different light these days?:doh:

Comment

Lol. Yeah. Good poll. That's why it changed to basketball.

Edinboro may be picked 6th -- in the PSAC WEST this season.

Comment

I don't mean that sarcastically. I'm just not sure after the Big 3 if they will be better than St. Thugs or Mercyhurst.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                    I don't mean that sarcastically. I'm just not sure after the Big 3 if they will be better than St. Thugs or Mercyhurst.

Perception is that we are ripping Edinboro, the reality is that clearly this publication knows very little of the lay of the land in the PSAC!

Comment

Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
                      Listen to IUPalum, here. It is common knowledge by those in the know that he serves as Staunch's bail bondsman.

-

Comment

Originally posted by IUPMonk View Post

I've heard a very similar message while listening to classic Santana records:

One day I was on the ground
                        When I needed a hand
                        It couldn't be found
                        I was so far down that I couldn't get up
                        You know I was one of life's losers
                        Even my friends were my accusers
                        In my head I had lost before I begun

And when I played my hand
                        I looked like a joker
                        But fate must have woke her up
                        Because Lady Luck she was waiting outside the door

I'm winning
                        And I don't intend losing again

-

Comment

I think the coaches will vote boro 4th in the west.. The high rankings in the mags are based off 19 or so starters back. Lost QB but a lot of teams lost QB's in the west. I think SRU will be picked behind them because of all the new faces on Offense. QB, RB, top 4 wr's from last year. And Boro has won two in a row vs. rock. If the transfer crew plays well with the D being better. SRU could finish 2nd but I don't think they will be that high in a preseason poll.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X