Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2017-18 PSAC Scholarships

We should set up a Go Fund Me for the poor East football programs.

Comment

Originally posted by Horror Child View Post
      And no one has been able to offer a reason for such willful deception. And since it's supposedly been going on for several years, why has there not been an investigation by the NCAA?
      Or even a complaint from another PSAC coach.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
        Or even a complaint from another PSAC coach.

It's not illegal. It's just creative accounting. Then once a year the scholarship list comes out and it's the same yearly conversation ... same posts about how the East schools do so well with 'no money' ... blah blah blah.

That's why that list isn't even worth publishing.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
          It's not illegal. It's just creative accounting. Then once a year the scholarship list comes out and it's the same yearly conversation ... same posts about how the East schools do so well with 'no money' ... blah blah blah.

That's why that list isn't even worth publishing.
          Believe what you want.

Comment

You guys really want us to believe IUP spends 4 TIMES MORE on football players than West Chester? You really believe that?

Comment

You guys really want us to believe IUP spends 4 TIMES MORE on football players than West Chester? You really believe that?
              I think its a matter of IUP raising more money for football than West Chester. That's where the money is coming from. So yeah, IUP has "4 TIMES MORE" scholarship revenue for football than West Chester. Here's what they tell the federal government (for the 2016 FY):

Gameday Expenses - Football:
              IUP $26,272
              West Chester $171,888

Total Expenses - Football:
              IUP $1,808,686
              West Chester $956,226

Total Revenue - Football:
              IUP $1,992,977
              West Chester $1,260,981

Comment

I didn't say "4 TIMES MORE" SCHOLARSHIP REVENUE. I said SPENDING.

Add it all up. Add all the free dorms, crappy pizza, 'academic' money and whatever other way it's being used on football players ... WCU and IUP are spending about the same on football players. IUP can call it scholarships. WCU can call it whatever.

Look at their current roster. I'm sure kids are transferring from Syracuse and West Virginia to receive .005 of a 'scholarship'.

Comment

Re: 2017-18 PSAC Scholarship Equivalencies

Let's be honest about one thing that everyone is overlooking.

The cost of Tuition to any PASSHE school is not going to break the bank.

WCU is a tough school to get into. Is it so hard to believe a kid would accept to play at WCU over a Millersville, Kutztown, ESU or any other PSAC School to play on a winner, and get into a better school? Meanwhile he passes up a 1/4 scholarship to some other PSAC School? The dollars are not there to pass up a WCU.

Comment

I think its a matter of IUP raising more money for football than West Chester. That's where the money is coming from. So yeah, IUP has "4 TIMES MORE" scholarship revenue for football than West Chester. Here's what they tell the federal government (for the 2016 FY):

IUP $26,272
                    West Chester $171,888

IUP $1,808,686
                    West Chester $956,226

IUP $1,992,977
                    West Chester $1,260,981
                    Gameday expenses of 171,888 ? ? ? sure its not 17, 188. or maybe they just pay the refs alot more. might explain it :smile-big:

Comment

I believe it. I don't tell others what to believe, especially those who say they'll never believe. But did you watch the two games last year?

Comment

Here is a real question: How in the world can WCU only raise money for 6 scholarships?

Comment

Originally posted by Horror Child View Post
                          I believe it. I don't tell others what to believe, especially those who say they'll never believe. But did you watch the two games last year?

Sure did. Also watched WCU's roster of alleged glorified walk-ons win in Indiana in 2014.

Comment

Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post
                            Gameday expenses of 171,888 ? ? ? sure its not 17, 188. or maybe they just pay the refs alot more. might explain it :smile-big:
                            I wondered that too but this is straight from the US Dept of Education.

The US Dept of Education defines it as: "All expenses an institution incurs attributable to home, away, and neutral-site intercollegiate athletic contests (commonly known as game-day expenses), for (A) Lodging, meals, transportation, uniforms, and equipment for coaches, team members, support staff (including, but not limited to team managers and trainers), and others; and (B) Officials."

So maybe that's new uniforms, they stayed overnight at every away game, etc.

Comment

Re: 2017-18 PSAC Scholarship Equivalencies

Originally posted by GoldenRam94 View Post
                              Let's be honest about one thing that everyone is overlooking.

The cost of Tuition to any PASSHE school is not going to break the bank.

WCU is a tough school to get into. Is it so hard to believe a kid would accept to play at WCU over a Millersville, Kutztown, ESU or any other PSAC School to play on a winner, and get into a better school? Meanwhile he passes up a 1/4 scholarship to some other PSAC School? The dollars are not there to pass up a WCU.
                              That's actually a good point. Let's say you have DII talent and live in SWPA. There isn't an arms race because really you're going to consider West Chester and Bloomsburg unless you covet a particular aspect of playing/attending Millersville or Kutztown. The West has that arms race because almost every team is recruiting the same local kids. Only Cal and IUP seem to have made a push to actively recruit western Ohio and Maryland/Virginia. It takes some money to recruit those kids all the way to Western PA. Doesn't take as much to get them to Chester County.

Comment

IUP $26,272
                                West Chester $171,888

IUP $1,808,686
                                West Chester $956,226

IUP $1,992,977
                                West Chester $1,260,981

Comment

Ad3

Collapse