X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SRU camp roster with new transfers

Originally posted by SRU 88 View Post
    Micah Till is not the football roster!!
    With as cash-strapped as they keep KR up there ... tell football to pay his tuition and Reynolds may let him play both sports.

Man, would he be scary in D2 football. Total house.

Comment

Originally posted by SRU 88 View Post
      That is a huge overstatement. Okay on paper the RB from Delaware and the WR/DB from Ohio St. can be game changers; but the other transfers nothing special. Next year you can say loaded only 8 seniors on roster. Stapleton loss is bigger than many think.

Comment

Easy there, cowboy. Win the West first.

Comment

SRU camp roster with new transfers

Originally posted by EdinboroFB View Post
          http://rockathletics.com/news/2018/7...additions.aspx

Getting close to football. Some interesting stuff with all the transfers.

Remember the days when Dr Evil boasted about not using transfers and went all self righteous against IUP for using them?
          Last edited by IUPNation; 07-24-2018, 08:32 PM.

Comment

Put that Soup on simmer big boy. There Defense was simply awful and they lost there best defender....

Comment

Originally posted by IUP412 View Post
              Put that Soup on simmer big boy. There Defense was simply awful and they lost there best defender....
              AND they have to play 3 playoff teams from last year all on the road!

Comment

http://www.jucoweekly.org/sports/fba...20180208kxtjeg

Speaking of Last Chance U. The SRU LB transfer played against East Mississippi 2x last year. And from just watching season 3...even though the show follows a different team....East Mississippi won the Nat'l title last year.

Comment

http://www.gannonsports.com/roster.aspx?path=football
                  Gannon has their roster up with the freshman on it.
                  Gannon got a WR that I don't think was announced from Colgate that started 34 games. They could be dangerous if the QB improves in his 2nd year starting. Gannon returns basically everyone much like Edinboro.. but Gannon has their QB back.
                  Last edited by EdinboroFB; 07-26-2018, 10:49 PM.

Comment

Gannon got a WR that I don't think was announced from Colgate that started 34 games. They could be dangerous if the QB improves in his 2nd year starting. Gannon returns basically everyone much like Edinboro.. but Gannon has their QB back.
                    I'm not doubting him just yet but I'm skeptical that he'll be an immediate impact. 1,300 yards and 9 touchdowns...in 40 games played.

Comment

Gannon could be dangerous? I think they are going to travel in orange jumpsuits this year.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                        Gannon could be dangerous? I think they are going to travel in orange jumpsuits this year.
                        Gannon and Mercyhurst always seem to have a few playmakers. They should merge their programs and they'd probably be pretty good.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
                          Gannon and Mercyhurst always seem to have a few playmakers. They should merge their programs and they'd probably be pretty good.

What's the pulse up there in Erie? Is it still a pretty bitter rivalry? I get the vibe GU has some elitism toward MU?

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                            What's the pulse up there in Erie? Is it still a pretty bitter rivalry? I get the vibe GU has some elitism toward MU?
                            I don't know - I'm in Pittsburgh. When I went to Edinboro there certainly was a sense of superiority from those schools. Partly because I sensed that a lot of private school enrollment were families who didn't want their kids attending public schools. Also some of that old-fashioned western PA "Catholics vs. Everybody Else" mentality. The pecking order seemed to be Gannon-Mercyhurst-Edinboro-Behrend. With their struggles and bad PR plus the region's embrace of Behrend, I'd say the last two have swapped spots. Edinboro still has a reputation as a low standard party school. When there are scandals at Gannon and Mercyhurst the Erie media appear to minimize it. Mercyhurst's president was freaking ousted after credible allegations of sexual abuse against boys came through the Catholic diocesan investigations. You'll find stuff online but they didn't even remove his name from campus honors until this past spring. Gannon was investigated by the federal government for how it handled complaints about sexual violence. Gannon also had a student die after falling off the balcony at a frat party. Most of the coverage you'll find online is actually from Pittsburgh media. Behrend allowed Jerry Sandusky to run camps on campus after he had already been disciplined by the main campus following the 2002 shower incident. But all that gets less coverage than Edinboro's immediate former president making crass comments about faculty and students.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
                              I'm not doubting him just yet but I'm skeptical that he'll be an immediate impact. 1,300 yards and 9 touchdowns...in 40 games played.

Comment

http://gofightingscots.com/roster.as...&path=football

Looks like the boro got a WR transfer from Liberty...and the RB from Ohio Domincan that was talked about on here before. I don't see the DE from Lackawanna though.
                                Last edited by EdinboroFB; 07-27-2018, 07:28 PM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X