Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SRU camp roster with new transfers

Originally posted by Tony33 View Post
    You are correct, IUP showed us that against UWF.
    Beyond a dumb post.

IUP was undefeated entering a Final Four game.

Every August we hear about how good Mercyhurst is going to be. Then, ....

EyeoftheHawk was right on. You win or lose. Playing 'tuff' is good coach speak and parent speak but it's also the speak of a program happy with going .500 yearly.
    Last edited by IUPbigINDIANS; 08-08-2018, 05:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
      Beyond a dumb post.

IUP was undefeated entering a Final Four game.

Every August we hear about how good Mercyhurst is going to be. Then, ....

EyeoftheHawk was right on. You win or lose. Playing 'tuff' is good coach speak and parent speak but it's also the speak of a program happy with going .500 yearly.
      Ok, both of you are correct.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony33 View Post
        You are correct, IUP showed us that against UWF.
        Stupid comment. 13-1 is 13-1 talking smack shows your lack of knowledge. Hurst fully funded and pathetically unathletic. No clue what there doing recruiting wise. The guys they got from the WPIAL never got a whiff from IUP.

Comment

Originally posted by IUP412 View Post
          Stupid comment. 13-1 is 13-1 talking smack shows your lack of knowledge. Hurst fully funded and pathetically unathletic. No clue what there doing recruiting wise. The guys they got from the WPIAL never got a whiff from IUP.
          You are correct IUP412.

Comment

Pathetically unathletic, come on man. You IUP guys crack me up sometimes man. As soon as someone so much as sniffs a negative thought at IUP you come out with some outlandish bash of their school, completely over the top. Hurst was competitive in pretty much all of their games last year, And Insinuating that they don't have any real talent BC IUP wasn't interested in any of their recruits is laughable. I Remember the same thing happening when the linemen out of Pitt became available and everyone was hoping he landed at IUP but after Rock signed him he suddenly wouldn't have even seen the field at IUP anyway. Show some class/humility boys, that squad up in Indiana isn't invincible. I think you may have a few more loses than your anticipating heading your way this fall.

Comment

Look up above and you'll see who fired the first shot.

Comment

Originally posted by CUlater View Post
                Pathetically unathletic, come on man. You IUP guys crack me up sometimes man. As soon as someone so much as sniffs a negative thought at IUP you come out with some outlandish bash of their school, completely over the top. Hurst was competitive in pretty much all of their games last year, And Insinuating that they don't have any real talent BC IUP wasn't interested in any of their recruits is laughable. I Remember the same thing happening when the linemen out of Pitt became available and everyone was hoping he landed at IUP but after Rock signed him he suddenly wouldn't have even seen the field at IUP anyway. Show some class/humility boys, that squad up in Indiana isn't invincible. I think you may have a few more loses than your anticipating heading your way this fall.

* 'Being competitive' is a phrase often used by .500 teams (or worse). The expectation at IUP is to win -- not be competitive. Big difference.
                * Read back through the threads. Very few IUP posters wanted the SRU lineman from the day it was known he was leaving Pitt. All the posts are here. And, really, who cares what a bunch of message board jabronies think, anyway? Regardless, IUP never offered him. That's factual. From what I hear, he may not even start at SRU this year. Now, Ian Park a year ago was a different story. Care to guess where his first call was? If Curt hadn't left when he did Park would have been at IUP and not SRU.
                * As for the WPIAL thing, ... different teams recruit different types of players. My opinion is Mercyhurst has had many talented players over the years. The problem is they just never have enough of them at the same time -- odd for being nearly fully funded. Or, perhaps, they have and their coach isn't getting enough out of them. Their record is their record. It's not pretty. No moral victories in football. You win or you lose. The rest is just fan speak.

Comment

* 'Being competitive' is a phrase often used by .500 teams (or worse). The expectation at IUP is to win -- not be competitive. Big difference.
                  * Read back through the threads. Very few IUP posters wanted the SRU lineman from the day it was known he was leaving Pitt. All the posts are here. And, really, who cares what a bunch of message board jabronies think, anyway? Regardless, IUP never offered him. That's factual. From what I hear, he may not even start at SRU this year. Now, Ian Park a year ago was a different story. Care to guess where his first call was? If Curt hadn't left when he did Park would have been at IUP and not SRU.
                  * As for the WPIAL thing, ... different teams recruit different types of players. My opinion is Mercyhurst has had many talented players over the years. The problem is they just never have enough of them at the same time -- odd for being nearly fully funded. Or, perhaps, they have and their coach isn't getting enough out of them. Their record is their record. It's not pretty. No moral victories in football. You win or you lose. The rest is just fan speak.
                  I pretty much agree with you on this. You can be competitive and still finish 0-11 if you lose every game by less than a touchdown. That's not what's happening here. I agree on your assessment of Mercyhurst. They've had some above average players - usually skill players to are near the top of the conference in their particular stat - but the team finishes 5-6 or 6-4. The perfect example was the 2011 season: they had the West Offensive POY in Trevor Kennedy and PSAC West Freshman of the Year in running back Richard Sanders...but the team finished 4-7.

Comment

Every year allows all to have big dreams.

Comment

Word around town is the Ohio State tight end is a monster and the RB from Delaware is the real deal.

QB is still TBA.

Comment

Originally posted by CUlater View Post
                        IUP faithful are the most out of touch fan base of any level of sports I've ever witnessed. They are God's gift to football and we should all take a humble knee to their greatness. Idk why they even let the rest of the PSAC take the field we all have no chance of beating them. They've won so many championships the last decade more than any other program in the PSAC.

Comment

Word around town is the Ohio State tight end is a monster and the RB from Delaware is the real deal.

QB is still TBA.
                          That's great to hear, but until we get a defense that can stop someone ...

Comment

No offense to the Rock, but the team doesn't have a returning starter at QB or RB and only one returning WR. No way they should have been picked third in the West. I don't care if Saquon Barkley was the transfer RB.
                            Last edited by Fightingscot82; 08-16-2018, 09:24 AM.

Comment

SRU camp roster with new transfers

Originally posted by GhostOfHomer01 View Post
                              IUP faithful are the most out of touch fan base of any level of sports I've ever witnessed. They are God's gift to football and we should all take a humble knee to their greatness. Idk why they even let the rest of the PSAC take the field we all have no chance of beating them. They've won so many championships the last decade more than any other program in the PSAC.

Comment

There's an old saying I sure hope IUP is embracing:

"This year doesn't care what you did last year."

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X