Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SRU camp roster with new transfers

http://rockathletics.com/news/2018/7...additions.aspx

Getting close to football. Some interesting stuff with all the transfers.

Re: SRU camp roster with new transfers

The new Second Chance U

Comment

The 90 man roster is a PSAC rule, right?

Comment

Didn't realize Kevin Reynolds was running football recruiting.

Comment

Seems like a lot of scholarships must be going to these guys instead of freshman. If the transfers don't pan out, won't be much left for the future.

Comment

Comment

I also wouldn't dismiss the loss of Dylan Stapleton. He was a rising junior LB on the verge of a breakout (transferred to James Madison).

I've learned not to get too excited. They all transfer down for a reason. On field or off.

But, on paper, I agree they've added some BIG-time imports.

I did love the coach speak from Lutz ... they'll all get a chance to compete for a starting job. Lol. I'm sure he told them that when they were about to sign the dotted line.

Comment

Hey .. trailing 10-0 last year ... if Samir didn't bust that 90-some yard run on third down ... who knows what happens up at SRU.

Rock has football money. They'll always have some players.

Comment

Originally posted by EdinboroFB View Post
                  http://rockathletics.com/news/2018/7...additions.aspx

Getting close to football. Some interesting stuff with all the transfers.
                  That's a lot of transfers. Will be interesting to see how they work out.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                    I also wouldn't dismiss the loss of Dylan Stapleton. He was a rising junior LB on the verge of a breakout (transferred to James Madison).

I've learned not to get too excited. They all transfer down for a reason. On field or off.

But, on paper, I agree they've added some BIG-time imports.

I did love the coach speak from Lutz ... they'll all get a chance to compete for a starting job. Lol. I'm sure he told them that when they were about to sign the dotted line.

Stapleton is a TE. He was very good. They also lost a couple other guys, hence the transfers. Rock staff did excellent job filling those spots.

Comment

Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post
                      Seems like a lot of scholarships must be going to these guys instead of freshman. If the transfers don't pan out, won't be much left for the future.
                      Or there are retention issues: money committed to high school recruits who don't arrive or stick around.

Comment

SRU has a few heavy hitter, whale-type donors. Lutz may have approached them and said they could get these guys but need some more coin. Who knows.

That's my guess how IUP found the Max Redfield money last summer.

Plus, Stapleton's money fell off the books not long ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
                          Didn't realize Kevin Reynolds was running football recruiting.
                          Micah Till is not the football roster!!

Comment

Originally posted by CasualFootballFan View Post
                            From a roster standpoint, SRU looks loaded
                            That is a huge overstatement. Okay on paper the RB from Delaware and the WR/DB from Ohio St. can be game changers; but the other transfers nothing special. Next year you can say loaded only 8 seniors on roster. Stapleton loss is bigger than many think.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                              Hey .. trailing 10-0 last year ... if Samir didn't bust that 90-some yard run on third down ... who knows what happens up at SRU.

Rock has football money. They'll always have some players.
                              Very true, if the tackle is made it is a safety and the Offense gets the ball back leading 12-0 but it did not happen.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X