X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SRU camp roster with new transfers

Originally posted by EdinboroFB View Post
    http://gofightingscots.com/roster.as...&path=football

Looks like the boro got a WR transfer from Liberty...and the RB from Ohio Domincan that was talked about on here before. I don't see the DE from Lackawanna though.
    I see some promise in this roster. My obvious concern is at QB. Otherwise this program found ways to stay in the game and win a bunch of games. That gives me some hope. They've beat Rock the last two years without all the flashy transfers.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
      I see some promise in this roster. My obvious concern is at QB. Otherwise this program found ways to stay in the game and win a bunch of games. That gives me some hope. They've beat Rock the last two years without all the flashy transfers.
      On the other hand, if Kellar's kid pans out like he was hyped, with the good WRs they could be a problem for alot of teams. Depth might be a problem as always.

Comment

https://calvulcans.com/roster.aspx?path=football

Cal has their freshman listed.

Comment

Check out that last volunteer coach.

Comment

Check out that last volunteer coach.
            He was there last year, too.

Comment

It looks like E'andre Smith, Grayson Taylor, and the other Florida RB that was a freshman last year arent currently on the Mercyhurst roster. Their first month is Hillsdale, Tiffin, Bloom, Iup, and SRU. They could be 0-5.

Comment

and they could be 5 - 0. Sleep on Mercyhurst if you want, be ready to be shocked.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony33 View Post
                  and they could be 5 - 0. Sleep on Mercyhurst if you want, be ready to be shocked.
                  My hesitation with your statement comes after several years of Mercyhurst just being up/down. In 2014 with seven straight wins to finish 7-4, then followed it up with 5-6, 3-8, and 5-6. With the supposed scholarship advantage they should be better than that - or at least more consistent.

Comment

My hesitation with your statement comes after several years of Mercyhurst just being up/down. In 2014 with seven straight wins to finish 7-4, then followed it up with 5-6, 3-8, and 5-6. With the supposed scholarship advantage they should be better than that - or at least more consistent.
                    I agree with that. With the new assistant coaches, new QB coach, new WR coach, and a Defensive Coach that is remarkable and in his second year. I think Mercyhurst will be bringing something very good to the table, but we will see Sept 1 at Hillsdale, but I do agree with your statement.

Comment

Comment

They played each one of the teams you mentioned last year really tuff, except for IUP in the second half when a few costly mistakes took them out the game. But SRU and CAL should have lost to them last year. With the loss of only 7 seniors, this team is ready to make something happen. However, we will see how they gel together, I know that Defense will be a BEAST with CB Redwood and return of our middle linebacker that got hurt last year leading the way.

Comment

They played each one of the teams you mentioned last year really tuff, except for IUP in the second half when a few costly mistakes took them out the game. But SRU and CAL should have lost to them last year. With the loss of only 7 seniors, this team is ready to make something happen. However, we will see how they gel together, I know that Defense will be a BEAST with CB Redwood and return of our middle linebacker that got hurt last year leading the way.

Comment

I'm not saying they're bad. But losing the 3 RB's if they end up not coming back is a big hit. All three having played some last year.....with the whole O-line back that had some young guys last year wouldve been good for an O that averaged 22 pts a game last year. That opening month would be tough for most/all the psac.

Comment

You are correct, IUP showed us that against UWF.

Comment

I'm not saying they're bad. But losing the 3 RB's if they end up not coming back is a big hit. All three having played some last year.....with the whole O-line back that had some young guys last year wouldve been good for an O that averaged 22 pts a game last year. That opening month would be tough for most/all the psac.
                                They still have Owens and two other good RB's. The freshmen went to serve our country (Marines), Andrea (Is a big loss, can go to the house on any given play) transferred to UWF, and the third one isn't a loss at all. But their skill positions is still impressive.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X