X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: PSAC Coaches Pre-Season Polls

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
    Danny Hale.
    OK. Hale also had a similar 5 year record from 95-99 at 39-15.

Comment

Originally posted by Bart View Post
      He is in his 22nd year at Bloom with a record of 41-17 as a HC. Scholarships at 10. I also would be curious to know who can do a better job.

If you look at the recruiting classes 2014 thru 2017. The players quitting and or transferring out has to be the highest rate in the PSAC . There used to be a buzz all the time about Bloom football in August. But Now it seems all but lost.

Comment

Originally posted by Bart View Post
        OK. Hale also had a similar 5 year record from 95-99 at 39-15.
        Let's not forget the man who originally pulled Bloomsburg out of the basement -- George Landis.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
          Where the DUCK is Homer?
          WHO CARES.

Comment

Originally posted by BloomFan View Post
            If you look at the recruiting classes 2014 thru 2017. The players quitting and or transferring out has to be the highest rate in the PSAC . There used to be a buzz all the time about Bloom football in August. But Now it seems all but lost.
            The last posted roster had about 12 players per year still on the team for 2014 thru 2016, which is about average for a senior class at Bloom. The 2017 class hasn't whittled itself down yet.

In general the buzz around Bloom athletics began to wane under the last AD, and has only increased under the current AD. I recall when Bloom MBB filled the gym with townspeople, who would hit the local restaurants after the game; places were packed. Once Charlie Chronister retired, the program was lost. We could say the same about each sport losing a HC, women's softball, field hockey, basketball, etc. and men's wrestling, football, basketball, etc.. I don't see the administration being able to identify winning coaches, and I would dread a complete change of the guard in football. The program has been successful since the nineties because of the consistency of long time coaches and systems.

Comment

Originally posted by IUP412 View Post
              WHO CARES.
              In a click-bait society ... few are better than that jackas$.

Comment

Pre-season coaches polls are very vanilla in most cases. This one this season follows that line, IUP should be the favorite.

Keep an eye out for the first blog for PSAC in a few years in the common weeks as I will preview the league and look at some storylines for 2018.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                @zsimpson_d2

Comment

Originally posted by Zach Simpson View Post
                  Pre-season coaches polls are very vanilla in most cases. This one this season follows that line, IUP should be the favorite.

Keep an eye out for the first blog for PSAC in a few years in the common weeks as I will preview the league and look at some storylines for 2018.

:victory:

Comment

Originally posted by Zach Simpson View Post

I look forward to the common weeks.

In all seriousness, thanks for stepping up into that role.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X