http://www.meadvilletribune.com/spor...08e68dce7.html

Re: Edinboro 2018

Tomko named starting QB

Comment

http://www.goerie.com/sports/2018082...ienced-defense

Comment

According to a LEC poster on the GMAC board it sounds like a stream should be up and running by gametime. If not, we'll have to listen to Tubby on the WFSE stream.

Comment

Two glaring challenges from this past week's game: passing and kicking.

Tomko obviously showed enough to win the job out of August camp but I can't imagine he would have won the job playing like he has the first two games. The challenge is that they have an experienced DII quarterback on the roster in Kellar, but if he were better than Tomko he theoretically should have won the starting job, right? We're also not sure if Tomko left Saturday's game with an injury or based on his inability to move the ball.

The second concern is kicking. I just noticed that Edinboro lost starting kicker Mike Cushma. He was all-state and the Big 33 team kicker so he had talent but it sounds like he left school altogether. Hopefully this is something sorted out because those rugby punts aren't always going to go their way and the lone FG attempt didn't look pretty.

The bright spot remains the defense - especially what I would consider to be newer names stepping up. They're tied for the lead in the West for sacks and are #2 in the West for interceptions.

Comment

tomko was hurt going into the game and re injured something-he should be good to go

Comment

Originally posted by BoroLetterman View Post
              tomko was hurt going into the game and re injured something-he should be good to go
              Thanks for sharing. That makes sense because something about his play seemed different from the week before. I tried listening to the Edinboro radio broadcast while watching the Bloomsburg video stream but they were about 10 seconds apart. The Bloom announcers said something about Tomko possibly being hurt when Kellar came in. They're dang lucky to when needed have a 'plan b' who is an experienced college QB.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
                Thanks for sharing. That makes sense because something about his play seemed different from the week before. I tried listening to the Edinboro radio broadcast while watching the Bloomsburg video stream but they were about 10 seconds apart. The Bloom announcers said something about Tomko possibly being hurt when Kellar came in. They're dang lucky to when needed have a 'plan b' who is an experienced college QB.
                My absolute favorite is in basketball season. The radio (announcers you actually can handle listening to), video feed and the live stats are all running differently. Typically, at least for IUP games, the live stats are updated first, then you hear what's happening, then you see what's happened. Awful way to take in a game.

As I always say ... being a D2 fan isn't easy.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                  My absolute favorite is in basketball season. The radio (announcers you actually can handle listening to), video feed and the live stats are all running differently. Typically, at least for IUP games, the live stats are updated first, then you hear what's happening, then you see what's happened. Awful way to take in a game.

As I always say ... being a D2 fan isn't easy.
                  I grew up watching the Steelers on TV and Myron on the radio. Tried making that happen with Edinboro but couldn't pull it off.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
                    I grew up watching the Steelers on TV and Myron on the radio.
                    You and about every other stiller fan during the years when Myron was doing the color on the radio side. Oy Vey, those national guys were unbearable - especially Curt Gowdy and Al Derogatis.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X