Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recap CalU VS ODU

Missing your all american ball hawk at safety was the difference in this game. For how young this team is they showed a lot of heart, but as expected the lack of experience they don't quite know how to win yet. Noah Mitchell will absolutely light this league up for the next 4 years dude is the real deal as a freshman. Injuries piling up is a concern at this point. There needs to be a a point where we as Vulcan nation get concerned with the extreme conservatism displayed with play calling once Cal gets any type of lead or momentum. For the last couple of years Cal has blown leads and came out at halftime flat. That needs to be fixed, more aggressive approach offensively i think would have helped. When the game was on the line we went to a vertical pass game out of desperation that we should have been doing all game. But all in all they performed better than I expected. Definitely a new look compared to the last 2-3 years but I think this team will be okay if they gel.

Re: Recap CalU VS ODU

Your guys hung tough against a damn good ballclub. Hey, 28-16 Cal in first downs. You will be fine. Again.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostOfHomer01 View Post
      Missing your all american ball hawk at safety was the difference in this game. For how young this team is they showed a lot of heart, but as expected the lack of experience they don't quite know how to win yet. Noah Mitchell will absolutely light this league up for the next 4 years dude is the real deal as a freshman. Injuries piling up is a concern at this point. There needs to be a a point where we as Vulcan nation get concerned with the extreme conservatism displayed with play calling once Cal gets any type of lead or momentum. For the last couple of years Cal has blown leads and came out at halftime flat. That needs to be fixed, more aggressive approach offensively i think would have helped. When the game was on the line we went to a vertical pass game out of desperation that we should have been doing all game. But all in all they performed better than I expected. Definitely a new look compared to the last 2-3 years but I think this team will be okay if they gel.
      Any word on why we didn't have Mcphatter ??

Comment

Originally posted by GhostOfHomer01 View Post
        ODU didn't turn the ball over. Think that's what you can chalk that win up to. Wide receivers were at fault for 2 of the 3 picks Mitchell threw. Like, jrshooter said, they'll be fine. Decent looking young team. Too many penalties though, in true Cal fashion.

Comment

Originally posted by LaFlamaBlanca View Post
          ODU didn't turn the ball over. Think that's what you can chalk that win up to. Wide receivers were at fault for 2 of the 3 picks Mitchell threw. Like, jrshooter said, they'll be fine. Decent looking young team. Too many penalties though, in true Cal fashion.
          I wouldn't blame the WR on the picks. Just because the ball hits the WR hands doesn't mean they're catchable. The passes in question were behind the WR in most cases IMO.
          I did not like the play call at the end of the game. I thought we should have ran the ball. We had time outs, first and 10 from around the 15, we were gaining nice chunks of real estate running the previous 2 or 3 sets.

All in all not bad showing for a true freshman QB and a young team. The injuries on defense have me worried, 2 LB went out, one with an ankle and one with a wrist. Our CBs got burnt for 2 touch downs...there is work needed in that position.

Comment

Originally posted by VulCanDoIt View Post
            I wouldn't blame the WR on the picks. Just because the ball hits the WR hands doesn't mean they're catchable. The passes in question were behind the WR in most cases IMO.
            I did not like the play call at the end of the game. I thought we should have ran the ball. We had time outs, first and 10 from around the 15, we were gaining nice chunks of real estate running the previous 2 or 3 sets.

All in all not bad showing for a true freshman QB and a young team. The injuries on defense have me worried, 2 LB went out, one with an ankle and one with a wrist. Our CBs got burnt for 2 touch downs...there is work needed in that position.
            Better get Mcphatter back, without defense has no bite or play makers.

Comment

Originally posted by IUP412 View Post
              Better get Mcphatter back, without defense has no bite or play makers.
              How do I make a "like" symbol?.
              He'll be back...soon.

Comment

Did Homer turn in to a pumpkin?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                Working...
                X