Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slippery Rock at Shippensburg

Any thoughts on this one? I'm excited for it as I have a lot of friends, family and co-workers who went to Shippensburg. Always enjoyed our games against Ship when they were a division foe. Go Rock.

Re: Slippery Rock at Shippensburg

Originally posted by Dozsa2 View Post
    Any thoughts on this one? I'm excited for it as I have a lot of friends, family and co-workers who went to Shippensburg. Always enjoyed our games against Ship when they were a division foe. Go Rock.
    Welcome to the board, you probably haven't been here long enough to know that if you want any responses to your posts you will need to mention IUP in some fashion. jus sayin

Comment

It's a little hard to figure this one out going in. For one thing, I really have no idea how good Kentucky State was. Second, Ship was virtually unrecognizable at the skills vs. Clarion, but the new guys seemed to play pretty well behind a veteran line. That said, Clarion isn't the Rock.

Mussina looked like he's going to be an above-average PSAC quarterback. And that makes me curious how the true freshman from Pleasant Valley, Brandon Keyes, was neck-and-neck with him for the job, right up to the opening kickoff Saturday. The Raiders have three backs who can move the chains -- grinders Sean Judge and Raleigh Sirb, and speedster Marcus Lominy. I had no clue about Judge going in, but he appears to be the starter, and he had his moments. They get in short-yardage situations, they add another running back taking snaps with Chase Yocum ... but lose much of their passing threat in doing so.

Ship is going to have to keep Hills from putting the Rock in second-and-3 situations all day. That's going to be key.

Comment

Originally posted by jrshooter View Post
        It's a little hard to figure this one out going in. For one thing, I really have no idea how good Kentucky State was. Second, Ship was virtually unrecognizable at the skills vs. Clarion, but the new guys seemed to play pretty well behind a veteran line. That said, Clarion isn't the Rock.

Mussina looked like he's going to be an above-average PSAC quarterback. And that makes me curious how the true freshman from Pleasant Valley, Brandon Keyes, was neck-and-neck with him for the job, right up to the opening kickoff Saturday. The Raiders have three backs who can move the chains -- grinders Sean Judge and Raleigh Sirb, and speedster Marcus Lominy. I had no clue about Judge going in, but he appears to be the starter, and he had his moments. They get in short-yardage situations, they add another running back taking snaps with Chase Yocum ... but lose much of their passing threat in doing so.

Ship is going to have to keep Hills from putting the Rock in second-and-3 situations all day. That's going to be key.

Comment

Originally posted by jrshooter View Post

Agreed. I don't know how good Kentucky State is, either. In the first half, it was hard to tell if their offense was that good or our defense was, as has been the case in the last few years, just that bad. IUP :wink:

Comment

See it's working. :good:

Comment

If the Rock played a lot of their new transfers I would not be surprised if they continue to make improvement as a unit through week 4-6 when they finally might be on all cylinders.

Comment

Did the Buckeyes play? Not on the stat sheet at all.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                  Did the Buckeyes play? Not on the stat sheet at all.
                  Yes both played, but neither started TE got more snaps, than the WR.

Comment

ROCK D played like crap in the first half; could not tackle and taking bad angles; but played much better in 2nd half. But Kentucky State more run oriented; where Ship is probably more pass. Still a lot of questions for the Green and White!

Comment

Originally posted by Dozsa2 View Post
                      I'm so sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Horror Child View Post
                        I'm so sorry.
                        :loser::laugh:

Comment

Originally posted by Horror Child View Post
                          I'm so sorry.
                          :loser::laugh:

And to add ... I've always said that if Pennsylvania needed an enema, it should be placed in the general vicinity of the Mansfield University campus! :wink:
                          Last edited by jrshooter; 09-04-2018, 08:01 AM.

Comment

I didn't see this thread until now. I watched the second half of Rock's game last week and was impressed with Mussina. He looks like he's going to be a good QB, sharp passing with a quick release. He can also run, which the Rock seemed to take advantage of by running the option. I'm picking Rock as #2 in the West. We'll see how they play tomorrow. This will be my first look at Ship. I think the Rock will give them much more of a game than Clarion did last week.

Comment

couldn't agree more about the poor tackling and bad angles...it was difficult to watch at times. Rock at Shipp should be a good game and should also provide vision for the remainder of the season for both teams. GO ROCK!!!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X