Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slippery Rock at Millersville

Anyone (especially IUP fans who have seen Millersville) have thoughts on this?

I've been at both SRU games, but have not yet seen Millersville. Because I question the ability of Lutz to get our players ready mentally, I worry about where the players' heads will be. But, more importantly, according to the preview on our web site, we're down five starters.

I give our athletics communications staff credit for trying to cover for Lutz in that preview by saying we could not take three knees and win the game (I sort of wonder if that part of the preview was penned by Lutz himself haha). Regardless, if we're running the ball on our own goal line in that situation, our QBs need to be able to take a snap under center and run straight into the line. Anyway, I don't expect another 75-0 score. I think we'll win, but I doubt it's going to be easy. Go Rock.

Millersville can be their own worst enemy. They would move the call but wind up messing it up.

Comment

Re: Slippery Rock at Millersville

Sru 52-14

Lutz won't call the dogs off as he needs to appease the brass.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPNation View Post
        Millersville can be their own worst enemy. They would move the call but wind up messing it up.
        To be quite honest, other than the first half vs. Kentucky State, I've been impressed with the improvement of our defense this year. Hopefully that continues.

Comment

What is Hills' status?

Comment

Shoulder is jacked up. I'd guess doubtful. That was his issue at DE ... always hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by Dozsa2 View Post

I've been at both SRU games, but have not yet seen Millersville. Because I question the ability of Lutz to get our players ready mentally, I worry about where the players' heads will be. But, more importantly, according to the preview on our web site, we're down five starters.

I give our athletics communications staff credit for trying to cover for Lutz in that preview by saying we could not take three knees and win the game (I sort of wonder if that part of the preview was penned by Lutz himself haha). Regardless, if we're running the ball on our own goal line in that situation, our QBs need to be able to take a snap under center and run straight into the line. Anyway, I don't expect another 75-0 score. I think we'll win, but I doubt it's going to be easy. Go Rock.

Your up by three, could have taken an intentional safety on 4th down.

Comment

Originally posted by jrshooter View Post
                What is Hills' status?
                He is out this week, as is the starting QB, their best DL, their right guard and the starting safety. Depth will be tested, again I am glad it is Millersville ( no disrespect Mr. Harry Leslie)

Comment

Millersville's state of mind, is their own worst enemy. I think in their heart, they thought they were going to beat ( easily???...I don't know) Pace.
                  To come out of the gate with that loss, knowing you're driving up a 75 degree hill the next week, may have killed any mental momentum they had with the arrival of Morgan.
                  Ville QB is decent, but the O line/sack issue will be a problem. 11 sacks for 71 yds and 7 fumbles in two games...ouch.
                  I don't think it will be a blow out, but I feel too much still needs to be fixed in Marauderville.
                  SR 29 Ville 13

Comment

Originally posted by QBWR View Post
                    Millersville's state of mind, is their own worst enemy. I think in their heart, they thought they were going to beat ( easily???...I don't know) Pace.
                    To come out of the gate with that loss, knowing you're driving up a 75 degree hill the next week, may have killed any mental momentum they had with the arrival of Morgan.
                    Ville QB is decent, but the O line/sack issue will be a problem. 11 sacks for 71 yds and 7 fumbles in two games...ouch.
                    I don't think it will be a blow out, but I feel too much still needs to be fixed in Marauderville.
                    SR 29 Ville 13
                    It should be noted THE ROCK only has 1 sack in 2 football games. Should have cloned Marcus Martin before he graduated!

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                      Shoulder is jacked up. I'd guess doubtful. That was his issue at DE ... always hurt.
                      Seems to be a common problem with the transfers we get (Park last year). If they stay healthy, they would make a big impact. Problem is, they haven't.

Comment

Hopefully he bounces back. He's a power back so that shoulder may linger.

How's his backup?

I heard the backup QB isn't bad.

Comment

Originally posted by SRU 88 View Post
                          It should be noted THE ROCK only has 1 sack in 2 football games. Should have cloned Marcus Martin before he graduated!
                          Mussina had plenty of time to throw. The Rock's backup QB certainly tossed it around. Seemed to me a lot of 50-50 balls his receivers won.
                          Last edited by jrshooter; 09-13-2018, 04:35 PM.

Comment

SRU big , no doubt, Milersville a BAD team, cake walk by half.....just sayin

Comment

Dozsa2,

This game will NOT be close. Probably won't be a 75-0 snoozer, but the Rock will handle them with ease.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X