X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IUP at Lock Haven

https://www.indianagazette.com/sport...94320e468.html

Re: IUP at Lock Haven

Interesting story on Carter. I guess that's why they hold those open tryouts on campus. Appears to be quite the find.

Two more weeks for Peterson being out.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
      Interesting story on Carter. I guess that's why they hold those open tryouts on campus. Appears to be quite the find.

Two more weeks for Peterson being out.
      Carter was originally a Bloomsburg 2017 signee and opted to transfer to IUP. His high school game film was pretty good and if not for his height he probably would have garnered FCS/G5 interest. Great find and get for IUP.

Comment

Originally posted by shipfbfan12 View Post
        Carter was originally a Bloomsburg 2017 signee and opted to transfer to IUP. His high school game film was pretty good and if not for his height he probably would have garnered FCS/G5 interest. Great find and get for IUP.
        He has the potential to be the next great kick returner for IUP. He can fly and is pretty fearless. That job isn't for everybody.

Comment

Think this will be IUP's let down week. LH is a tough place to play, Bald Eagles surprise a hung over IUP squad 27-24

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
            He has the potential to be the next great kick returner for IUP. He can fly and is pretty fearless. That job isn't for everybody.
            Being shorter helps too, quicker cuts, harder to see, and harder to judge where you are going. Walt Pegues started out killing it as a return guy.

Comment

Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post
              Being shorter helps too, quicker cuts, harder to see, and harder to judge where you are going. Walt Pegues started out killing it as a return guy.

You see less and less kickers at this level being able to put the ball in the endzone so this is obviously a huge position. The last two years in particular it didn't seem like IUP had a legit, elusive burner back there.

Comment

New turf at LHU.

https://www.golhu.com/news/2018/9/11...m-surface.aspx

Comment

Originally posted by CUlater View Post
                  Think this will be IUP's let down week. LH is a tough place to play, Bald Eagles surprise a hung over IUP squad 27-24
                  I though that would happen against Clarion?

Comment

Originally posted by IUPMonk View Post
                    I though that would happen against Clarion?
                    Not this year, Clarion travels to IUP and the Hawks wont be sleeping on them. could be a good game again though, Clarion figured out a couple years ago how to keep Lenny in the pocket (most of the time) and make him through with a line in front of him. when you do that he's a turnover machine...

Comment

Not this year, Clarion travels to IUP and the Hawks wont be sleeping on them. could be a good game again though, Clarion figured out a couple years ago how to keep Lenny in the pocket (most of the time) and make him through with a line in front of him. when you do that he's a turnover machine...
                      Last five in the IUP/Clarion series ... the past three years have been very competitive games. Two years ago IUP scored 21 unanswered in the final quarter.

23-17
                      42-17 ----> was 21-17 after 3 quarters
                      28-14
                      31-0
                      42-14

Comment

correct, the last 3 years would have been all Lenny W. led IUP squads, worth noting that the 2 very close contents were held in Clarion and the 42-17 affair was in Indiana. Also, Clarion started their back up true freshmen QB due to a knee injury to their record breaking starting QB or that game would have likely been much closer as well....

Comment

correct, the last 3 years would have been all Lenny W. led IUP squads, worth noting that the 2 very close contents were held in Clarion and the 42-17 affair was in Indiana. Also, Clarion started their back up true freshmen QB due to a knee injury to their record breaking starting QB or that game would have likely been much closer as well....
                          I remember the game. The kid played pretty well. He took a real beating in that game and was pretty wobbly by the end but hung in there.

Comment

I cheer for Clarion all but one week of the year. A lot of my high school friends went there so I spent many a weekend at the Captain Loomis and ate plenty of Eddy Dogs. I have a cabin up that way and spend probably 10-13 weekends a year there.

I try and make the yearly IUP at Clarion basketball game pending Clarion isn't under 28" of snow.

Comment

Also, Clarion started their back up true freshmen QB due to a knee injury to their record breaking starting QB or that game would have likely been much closer as well....
                              You don't think last year's game would have been different if IUP hadn't played without (because of injuries) DT Jemal Averette, DE Matt Mowad, WR Kolbe Hughes, C Jeff Arnold and LT Joe Peterson (all but Mowad and Hughes were starters) and then lost RG Rocco Esposito and WRs Swahneek Brown, JoJo Gause and Walt Pegues (all starters) in the first half?
                              http://www.indianagazette.com
                              www.twitter.com/MattBurglund

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X