Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edinboro @ California

Edinboro has not been tested so far this season, I think Edinboro is a lot better than most people, but that being said Cal has shown some life.

What are the early week thought on this matchup to open west play ?
    @zsimpson_d2

Re: Edinboro @ California

PSAC West game of the week. Haven't seen the 'Boro play. They'll need better defensive effort than Ship to contain Cal's high octane offense.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPMonk View Post
      PSAC West game of the week. Haven't seen the 'Boro play. They'll need better defensive effort than Ship to contain Cal's high octane offense.
      I agree, the Edinboro D has not really been tested. Bloom was the best offense they played, and they are struggling. Its a complete unknown how the D will fare against the Cal offense.

Comment

This is going to be a great game to watch.

Cal is definitely the best offense that Edinboro will have faced this year - but I'd argue that Edinboro's offense and defense are both the best that Cal will have faced this year.

I think this game comes down to whose defense can neutralize the opponent's high-powered offense. 3/4 of Cal's offensive yards this season are from passing. Cal is averaging 357 ypg passing while Edinboro has allowed just 196 ypg with 10 INT and only 3 passing TDs. Breaking it down even more - I think Edinboro gets more pressure on Mitchell. They're averaging nearly 4 sacks and 3 INTs per game.

Disrupt the freshman QB and Edinboro breaks the streak. Allow him to move the ball and Cal wins.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
          This is going to be a great game to watch.

Cal is definitely the best offense that Edinboro will have faced this year - but I'd argue that Edinboro's offense and defense are both the best that Cal will have faced this year.

I think this game comes down to whose defense can neutralize the opponent's high-powered offense. 3/4 of Cal's offensive yards this season are from passing. Cal is averaging 357 ypg passing while Edinboro has allowed just 196 ypg with 10 INT and only 3 passing TDs. Breaking it down even more - I think Edinboro gets more pressure on Mitchell. They're averaging nearly 4 sacks and 3 INTs per game.

Disrupt the freshman QB and Edinboro breaks the streak. Allow him to move the ball and Cal wins.

It's going to be an even better thread to watch this week.

Comment

I just hope Lenny Williams doesn't transfer this week and impose his will upon this game.

Comment

Ghostofhomer02 wrote:

What is so special about this roster? Remember when you guys got all hyped up and bused your students to Adamson when your fan base and coach was flapping his gums. Got curb stomped by like 40 lol Or last year at your place another beating took place, Sisson took his annual dirt nap against Cal (hopefully yall can pick up a blitz by now felt bad for the kid) Mr all world Fletcher was nowhere to be found until garbage time. I admire the confidence bro. I just want to know whats different lol
              Fletcher had 3 attempts in the 2016 game in a season when they passed for 75% of their plays and Fletcher wasn't even the featured back. This year's Edinboro roster is much closer to last year's when Cal won by 17 and Edinboro was down by 4 at the half. Fletcher had 90 yards against Cal last year.

Comment

FS82: Homer is all yours this week. Enjoy.

The one unit not getting much love is the Boro OL. Trey Staunch and the boys are nasty up there.

Comment

Ghostofhomer02 wrote:

Fletcher had 3 attempts in the 2016 game in a season when they passed for 75% of their plays and Fletcher wasn't even the featured back. This year's Edinboro roster is much closer to last year's when Cal won by 17 and Edinboro was down by 4 at the half. Fletcher had 90 yards against Cal last year.
                  he had one or two burst plays but was trash for the entire game. had 3 yards a carry and was top 5 rusher in then nation or whatever. Either way in 2016 your team quit and was checking the clock to when the torture will end. Last year the score looked closer than what actual ensued on the field. Kier and the offense was very vanilla that game credit to your defense I guess. But your offense was absolutely getting demolished that game to the point your Qb was knocked out the game and his dad got kicked out the stands from seeing his baby boy get destroyed every other snap. I like Edinboro you guys are super cute when you hype your teams, you want to be in the conversation of relevancy so bad I get it but maybe if Cal was wearing green and white you guys would have the mental edge but I doubt it. I predict a two score victory for Cal at their first home game.

Comment

Ghostofhomer02 wrote:

are you guys going to bus students again this year? Just so half of them can beg to go back to erie by halftime on twitter again? lol

Comment

Originally posted by GhostOfHomer01 View Post
                      he had one or two burst plays but was trash for the entire game. had 3 yards a carry and was top 5 rusher in then nation or whatever. Either way in 2016 your team quit and was checking the clock to when the torture will end. Last year the score looked closer than what actual ensued on the field. Kier and the offense was very vanilla that game credit to your defense I guess. But your offense was absolutely getting demolished that game to the point your Qb was knocked out the game and his dad got kicked out the stands from seeing his baby boy get destroyed every other snap. I like Edinboro you guys are super cute when you hype your teams, you want to be in the conversation of relevancy so bad I get it but maybe if Cal was wearing green and white you guys would have the mental edge but I doubt it. I predict a two score victory for Cal at their first home game.
                      Laughing my ass off at this one. Absolutely no dog in the fight, but this post has character.

Comment

Originally posted by jrshooter View Post
                        Laughing my ass off at this one. Absolutely no dog in the fight, but this post has character.
                        Edinboro is just a team that you just have ultra confidence against no matter what lol

Comment

Edinboro is just a team that you just have ultra confidence against no matter what lol

Comment

Comment

Imagine Homer's rant if one of the IUPers said this, replacing "Edinboro" with "Cal".

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X