Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• West Chester U School Of Music Receives 3 Million Dollar Donation

Re: West Chester U School Of Music Receives 3 Million Dollar Donation

The IUP band is very good. It's just not a 'football band' .... unfortunately.

I think the IUP band brass view home games as an obligation. Nothing more.

It still burns me to see the band lined up awaiting the player entrance.

There was a time IUP had the most intimidating field entrance around with the drums beating the Cherokee sound.

They took the song away. They could at least play the drum sequence.

Just remember ...

Who ya gonna call

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
      The IUP band is very good. It's just not a 'football band' .... unfortunately.

I think the IUP band brass view home games as an obligation. Nothing more.

It still burns me to see the band lined up awaiting the player entrance.

There was a time IUP had the most intimidating field entrance around with the drums beating the Cherokee sound.

They took the song away. They could at least play the drum sequence.

Just remember ...

Who ya gonna call

Absolutely.

Crimson Express is deflating.

Comment

West Chester U School Of Music Receives 3 Million Dollar Donation

Originally posted by IUPNation View Post
        Absolutely.

Crimson Express is deflating.
        Wow, good for WCU. Very generous.

What type of donation would it take to get Cherokee back do you think? Seven figs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post
          Wow, good for WCU. Very generous.

What type of donation would it take to get Cherokee back do you think? Seven figs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          You offer 7 figures for Cherokee and they'd be playing it today.

Comment

Comment

IUP sees itself as a 'competition band' and not a 'football band' ... that's the quick answer.

This past Saturday the Mercyhurst band came in here and stole the show. They played non-stop for FOUR quarters and played game-style music. The IUP band takes the whole third quarter off.

Guessing, but MU played 5 songs to every one IUP did.

Comment

IUP sees itself as a 'competition band' and not a 'football band' ... that's the quick answer.

This past Saturday the Mercyhurst band came in here and stole the show. They played non-stop for FOUR quarters and played game-style music. The IUP band takes the whole third quarter off.

Guessing, but MU played 5 songs to every one IUP did.

Comment

They (MU) didn't play at halftime due to the HOF inductions.

I get it. Competition IUP would destroy them. I'm talking purely from a football game view.

Comment

They (MU) didn't play at halftime due to the HOF inductions.

I get it. Competition IUP would destroy them. I'm talking purely from a football game view.

But the IUP has never been a game band...they play more during a game now than they did 25-30 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPNation View Post
                      But the IUP has never been a game band...they play more during a game now than they did 25-30 years ago.
                      Time for change.

Comment

Congrats to WCU School of Music! I have seen their band performance several times at football games and it is very impressive.

Why was Cherokee no longer played at IUP? I think it came with a new band director wanting to make his mark. And it occurred at a time where there was a desire to distance the university from references to the Indian nickname and mascot. If the song had been otherwise titled it is my opinion it would be fine being played.

Comment

Originally posted by BADinPA View Post
                          Congrats to WCU School of Music! I have seen their band performance several times at football games and it is very impressive.

Why was Cherokee no longer played at IUP? I think it came with a new band director wanting to make his mark. And it occurred at a time where there was a desire to distance the university from references to the Indian nickname and mascot. If the song had been otherwise titled it is my opinion it would be fine being played.

Comment

Thats cool for wcu nobody cares about iup and your stupid band this thread is about wcu and their alumni donation

Comment

Originally posted by GhostOfHomer01 View Post
                              Thats cool for wcu nobody cares about iup and your stupid band this thread is about wcu and their alumni donation

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X