Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IUP Fans Alright with me

Thanks for the hospitality IUP, had a ball and your fans are great. Police stopped our cow bells but really enjoyed myself at your stadium. Even talked to a few fans and shared a couple of drinks. Great Time.

Originally posted by Tony33 View Post
    Thanks for the hospitality IUP, had a ball and your fans are great. Police stopped our cow bells but really enjoyed myself at your stadium. Even talked to a few fans and shared a couple of drinks. Great Time.

Why would they stop your cow bells?Seems silly to me.

Comment

Re: IUP Fans Alright with me

Originally posted by IUPNation View Post
      Why would they stop your cow bells?Seems silly to me.
      Apparently its an NCAA rule - no noisemakers. There was a big deal about this at the UWF game last year, since the IUP fans were taunting security about the rule, which was announced. I think sometimes they don't bother enforcing it, but at regionals it was a must. Guess they just decided to keep being strict.

Comment

Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post
        Apparently its an NCAA rule - no noisemakers. There was a big deal about this at the UWF game last year, since the IUP fans were taunting security about the rule, which was announced. I think sometimes they don't bother enforcing it, but at regionals it was a must. Guess they just decided to keep being strict.

Comment

Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post

Comment

It was a big issue in Section C last year at the playoff game. Some knucklehead kept ringing it after he was told not to do so ... finally got to the point that the female athletic trainer was ready to rumble with the guilty party. She put an end to it.

Comment

Comment

Mixed feelings. It's annoying as crap to sit beside a cowbell person for four quarters.

Give me a loud crowd and a good band any day. Hint, IUP.

Comment

Yeah, I'd be one of those fans destined to stare down the cowbell ringer if he/she were within five rows of me.

Comment

Comment

IUP had a big crowd Saturday. That announced number of 3,400 -- my opinion -- was a little light.

It was by no means an energetic crowd but it was a big turnout.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                        IUP had a big crowd Saturday. That announced number of 3,400 -- my opinion -- was a little light.

Parents weekend probably helped - they brought that back.

Comment

They didn't all leave at halftime, either, so that was nice.

I do fully expect IUP to take a very large contingent to Adamson this Saturday night. Oddly, most of IUP's more-energetic crowds are usually at road games. Of course, the 'travel types' are typically the more passionate fans and on the road you clump them all together.

If they were going to splurge and take the band to one away game this year ... this would be it. It doesn't sound like that's going to happen, however.

Comment

They didn't all leave at halftime, either, so that was nice.

I do fully expect IUP to take a very large contingent to Adamson this Saturday night. Oddly, most of IUP's more-energetic crowds are usually at road games. Of course, the 'travel types' are typically the more passionate fans and on the road you clump them all together.

If they were going to splurge and take the band to one away game this year ... this would be it. It doesn't sound like that's going to happen, however.

Right. I thought the turnout at Ashland was great and the fans cheered loudly when they had to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Watching on the stream for both Millersville and Mercyhurst, I thought they both appeared to be good crowds. On the feed on Saturday when I saw a crowd shot I thought instantly close to 4,000. So I would agree with your assessment.

I think it seems like interest is pretty high right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X