Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cal U @ Clarion

This has the potential of being one of the biggest homecoming games in a long time in Clarion. The Golden Eagles are 4-1 ( I know the schedule ) but they are still playing hard, Cal could have a monster let down after last week and always struggle to put away the Golden Eagles on the road.

Sneaky good game from I80 this weekend.
    @zsimpson_d2

Re: Cal U @ Clarion

Originally posted by Zach Simpson View Post
    This has the potential of being one of the biggest homecoming games in a long time in Clarion. The Golden Eagles are 4-1 ( I know the schedule ) but they are still playing hard, Cal could have a monster let down after last week and always struggle to put away the Golden Eagles on the road.

Sneaky good game from I80 this weekend.
    Really???? The GOLDEN IGGLES lost to SHIP 13-35 at home, then got by LHU, LINCOLN, GU and SHU. In the DUNN ERA the VULCANS have lost to SHEP, IUP, SRU, ASSUMPTION, ODU and KUTZ . All playoff teams. Tell me which games GD failed to have his team prepared. If the skies open up and passing is impossible, I suspect NELSON BROWN et al could grind out 300+ yds on the ground and control the clock completely. The best chance CLARION has is a passing free for all but 24 ppg doesn't measure up that well versus 37 ppg. May not happen but I suspect something more like SHIP than BORO.

Comment

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post
      Really???? The GOLDEN IGGLES lost to SHIP 13-35 at home, then got by LHU, LINCOLN, GU and SHU. In the DUNN ERA the VULCANS have lost to SHEP, IUP, SRU, ASSUMPTION, ODU and KUTZ . All playoff teams. Tell me which games GD failed to have his team prepared. If the skies open up and passing is impossible, I suspect NELSON BROWN et al could grind out 300+ yds on the ground and control the clock completely. The best chance CLARION has is a passing free for all but 24 ppg doesn't measure up that well versus 37 ppg. May not happen but I suspect something more like SHIP than BORO.
      Wellll saaaid

Comment

Clarion will be all jacked up in front of the ALF crowd but that will only last so long. Clarion does tend to play well at home (recall that Ship game was a neutral site). IUP tried to sleepwalk through this game a year ago and nearly lost.

That said, this will be in the range of 48-14 in favor of California.

Comment

2017 Cal struggled at Millersville , was outgained by 140 yards at home vs Seton Hill and outgained by Clarion by 50 yards and won those two games by 3 and 2 points.
          @zsimpson_d2

Comment

Originally posted by Zach Simpson View Post
            2017 Cal struggled at Millersville , was outgained by 140 yards at home vs Seton Hill and outgained by Clarion by 50 yards and won those two games by 3 and 2 points.
            Seton hill always plays like the NE patriots against cal lol

Comment

If (gigantic if) Clarion is for real ... it's time to show it.

Next four:

Cal
              @IUP
              SRU
              Edinboro

Three of the four at home ...

Brutal month.

Comment

Go Clarion!

Comment

When these 2 teams play records don't seem to matter, the 09 game was one i recall that got away from Clarion on the final play and Clarion outplayed Cal.Thats football
                  ALF WEEKEND, GO EAGLES

Comment

Originally posted by BEAREAGLE View Post
                    When these 2 teams play records don't seem to matter, the 09 game was one i recall that got away from Clarion on the final play and Clarion outplayed Cal.Thats football
                    ALF WEEKEND, GO EAGLES
                    And yet more than 12 years since the IGGLES brought home a W....so the game will tell the story.

Comment

I'm not going to say Clarion is going to win...I'm not going to say that it will even be close, but I guarantee you that Cal doesn't see anything close to 300 yards on the ground. Half that might be a stretch

Comment

Originally posted by CUlater View Post
                        I'm not going to say Clarion is going to win...I'm not going to say that it will even be close, but I guarantee you that Cal doesn't see anything close to 300 yards on the ground. Half that might be a stretch
                        Irrelevant. They'll throw for 400.

Comment

Clarion can win this game one of two ways:
                          1. Cal doesn't show up
                          or
                          2. Defense steps up another notch and plays lights out, forces 3-4 turnovers, gets the offense a couple short fields, and they score a TD on defense or special teams. they come out with an aggressive offensive game plan, mix up the play calling and stop being conservative and predictable, and they make a few plays on shots on the outside, McGriff is available this weekend and goes for 125+ on the ground

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                            Irrelevant. They'll throw for 400.
                            Nelson Brown had 150 for 3 tds On IUP...Clarion claiming their Defense has a little more of a mean streak on the run than IUP? I love it haha

Comment

Originally posted by GhostOfHomer01 View Post
                              Nelson Brown had 150 for 3 tds On IUP...Clarion claiming their Defense has a little more of a mean streak on the run than IUP? I love it haha
                              Broken record ... we read the same Clarion hype every year they start good against nobody teams. Then reality sets in. Year after year.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X