Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D2 Championship Game Moved To McKinney, TX

Brand new high school stadium that makes all PSAC stadiums look really sad.

Re: D2 Championship Game Moved To McKinney, TX

Seats 12,000

Cost $70 million to build.

Comment

If you like postseason college football games, the Dallas/Fort Worth area is the place to be this season:

12/15/18 (Sat): Division II national championship game (McKinney, TX - about 30 miles NNE of Dallas)
      12/19/18 (Wed): Frisco Bowl (Frisco, TX - about 30 miles north of Dallas)
      12/22/18 (Sat): Armed Forces Bowl (Fort Worth, TX)
      12/26/18 (Wed): First Responder Bowl (Dallas, TX)
      12/29/18 (Sat): Cotton Bowl, Division I-A/FBS national semifinal game (Arlington, TX - about 20-25 miles west of Dallas and 15 miles east of Fort Worth)
      01/05/19 (Sat): Division I-AA/FCS national championship game (Frisco, TX - about 30 miles north of Dallas)

On top of the above, the Big 12 championship game will also be played in Arlington, TX, on Saturday 12/1/18.
      Last edited by CHIP72; 10-04-2018, 04:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPNation View Post
        Brand new high school stadium that makes all PSAC stadiums look really sad.

High school ... lol.

That doesn't make our putrid stadiums look bad. Lol. Wow.

Comment

It's going to look like Hersheypark Stadium for a PIAA final in December.

Comment

Question one---where is McKinney, Texas?

Question two--- is this the massively expensive Texas high school stadium that had to be closed for awhile because of cracks showing up everywhere in its structure?

At least it will be a short trip for Commerce to pick up their trophy.

-

Comment

Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post

Question two--- is this the massively expensive Texas high school stadium that had to be closed for awhile because of cracks showing up everywhere in its structure?

-

Comment

Okay, I recalled reading about a megabucks high school stadium down that way that had problems. Glad to hear that it is not that one where the title game will be held.

Wonder what the weather is like down that way in mid-December. I know it can get cold and snow in west Texas out El Paso way as evidenced by flurries during several Sun Bowls that I have watched over the years.

-

Comment

The Superintendent there is some guy named Angelo Armenti.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                    The Superintendent there is some guy named Angelo Armenti.
                    Oh is that what he's up to these days? I thought he was in jail.

Comment

Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post

-

Northern suburb of Dallas and no the stadium that cracked was Allen High School.

Comment

Originally posted by IUP24 View Post
                        Oh is that what he's up to these days? I thought he was in jail.

Is he in a cell block with his former players?

Comment

Last I heard from Angelo he was back home outside Philly still trying to go after PASSHE and find bookings for his "Privatization Without a Plan" lecture

Comment

The Allen ISD stadium mess:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...losed/9903781/

McKinney ISD also had cracking issues with their stadium:

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/sports/N...489521931.html

Allen is located between McKinney and Plano along the US 75 corridor into Collin County. Collin and Denton Counties north of Dallas/Fort Worth would make Philadelphia's Main Line or the South Hills suburbs of Pittsburgh (Upper St. Clair and Mt. Lebanon, in particular) look like a low income neighborhood, just to give you an idea how rich this area is.

The Frisco ISD, west of Allen/McKinney, plays some of their high school games at a 12,000 seat stadium at a complex which hosts the Cowboys' practice facility, and some of their soccer games are played at a complex shared with the Major League Soccer club FC Dallas.
                            Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X