• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elon beats JMU

Will Curt be at a P5 next year?

What he's done there is amazing.

Re: Elon beats JMU

I agree that Curt has done a tremendous job at Elon. He also did a fab job with a program reboot at IUP.

But no wonder JMU lost. They had Ben DiNucci at QB and some Indiana scrub catching passes from him. :laugh:

-

Comment

A big reason for Elon's success is former Millersville QB, former Kutztown University Head Coach and Offensive Coordinator who helped build Kutztown in the power it is today in PSAC East, Drew Folmar.

Comment

I wish Temple would have hired Curt rather than Coach Collins lol. I suspect if he wants he will be a HC at a G5 school in the American Conference I think the leap is too great for him to get a P5 gig unless its an academic school but then the odds are heavily stacked against him (Northwestern, Georgia Tech, Vanderbilt)

Comment

Congrats to Coach Cignetti ! He took a bad team and QUICKLY turned it around !!

Comment

This is a nice turn around. I feel this is a tight recruiting area too, IMO. A jump to a Power 5 school is unlikely, but a Group of 5 is very possible. Maybe a respectable one at that? Getting a P5 gig is very tough, you don't realize how hard it is to get your foot in the door...that's the hard part. You can have the record and numbers but getting known is a different thing. Most of these interviews are based on how other coaches respect you. Not saying CG isn't there, I don't know. But it's a tough road to so and wish him luck.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post
              Congrats to Coach Cignetti ! He took a bad team and QUICKLY turned it around !!
              Someone once said that when you talk about coaching you are one of those dads. Coaching makes a big difference.

Comment

Originally posted by VulCanDoIt View Post
                This is a nice turn around. I feel this is a tight recruiting area too, IMO. A jump to a Power 5 school is unlikely, but a Group of 5 is very possible. Maybe a respectable one at that? Getting a P5 gig is very tough, you don't realize how hard it is to get your foot in the door...that's the hard part. You can have the record and numbers but getting known is a different thing. Most of these interviews are based on how other coaches respect you. Not saying CG isn't there, I don't know. But it's a tough road to so and wish him luck.

Comment

Originally posted by VulCanDoIt View Post

Comment

He takes Elon to final 4 look for him to get possibly North Carolina job....just sayin

Comment

It would have to be a pretty down and out P5 program. FBS job? Sure.

Comment

Originally posted by IUP412 View Post
                        He takes Elon to final 4 look for him to get possibly North Carolina job....just sayin
                        I'd say the UNCC job would be a more realistic next step, especially if he can recruit the Carolinas and Mid-Atlantic well. Then if he can have some success there then I could see him at an ACC school.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
                          It would have to be a pretty down and out P5 program. FBS job? Sure.
                          I see Cignetti as an insider in the coaching fraternity. So, it wouldn't surprise me if he could land a P5 giig. Probably not a top 20 program, though.

Comment

Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post
                            I see Cignetti as an insider in the coaching fraternity. So, it wouldn't surprise me if he could land a P5 giig. Probably not a top 20 program, though.
                            Sure. The only looming vacancies on the East Coast I would presume at this point are Maryland and North Carolina. Could be more - maybe Georgia Tech or Rutgers. But even so these are still programs where donors have a vote in the process and I can't say his resume would satisfy those folks.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
                              Sure. The only looming vacancies on the East Coast I would presume at this point are Maryland and North Carolina. Could be more - maybe Georgia Tech or Rutgers. But even so these are still programs where donors have a vote in the process and I can't say his resume would satisfy those folks.
                              This is all speculation, of course, but compare it to the jump James Franklin made. Predicting the future is a tricky business.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X