Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edinboro at Slippery Rock (homecoming)

Well, despite some boneheaded decisions, Lutz got his first win against IUP. Can he get his first vs. Edinboro on Saturday? Hopefully he has the guys ready to play because Edinboro isn't going to just roll over. Amazingly, a loss this Saturday would be our third straight homecoming defeat. I don't expect that will happen, though.

Re: Edinboro at Slippery Rock (homecoming)

Boro was due for that dud last week. It's about impossible for teams to truly get up three straight weeks. Add to it Mercyhurst was way overdue to put one together.

We'll see which Boro team shows up.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
      Boro was due for that dud last week. It's about impossible for teams to truly get up three straight weeks. Add to it Mercyhurst was way overdue to put one together.

We'll see which Boro team shows up.
      Yep. Same can be said for SRU. This team didn't exactly make it look easy against Seton Hill in the first half. And we can't forget that loss to what is now a four-loss Shippensburg team. I'm not yet ready to make hotel reservations in Grove City for the state game or the playoffs haha.

Comment

Boro was flat against Gannon too....but it was Gannon so...

Comment

Originally posted by Dozsa2 View Post
          Yep. Same can be said for SRU. This team didn't exactly make it look easy against Seton Hill in the first half. And we can't forget that loss to what is now a four-loss Shippensburg team. I'm not yet ready to make hotel reservations in Grove City for the state game or the playoffs haha.
          Since I have seen both these teams play, its still any given Saturday but SRU should handle Boro. Mercyhurst had two of their top receivers out and still was able to pass against them. SRU have a nice QB and receivers that can spread the field, this will not be a let down game for them because of SRU confidence after beating IUP (which I said could happen).

Comment

Originally posted by Dozsa2 View Post
            Well, despite some boneheaded decisions, Lutz got his first win against IUP. Can he get his first vs. Edinboro on Saturday? Hopefully he has the guys ready to play because Edinboro isn't going to just roll over. Amazingly, a loss this Saturday would be our third straight homecoming defeat. I don't expect that will happen, though.
            ROCK By 20 over Boro. SRU much improved from last year. I think they are better then Cal. If RB stays healthy team to beat in West, unless clown coach screws it up.

Comment

Originally posted by IUP412 View Post
              ROCK By 20 over Boro. SRU much improved from last year. I think they are better then Cal. If RB stays healthy team to beat in West, unless clown coach screws it up.

Comment

Originally posted by IUP412 View Post
                I agree. SRU have the talent and enough coaching to get it done, Hurst easiest competition by far or Hurst final played close to their ability. Wouldn't say 20 but Boro should lose.

Comment

Boro has been a thorn in Rock's side for many years. Its a good rivalry even if it doesn't get the same media attention as Rock-IUP. So yeah there's a chance that Edinboro pulls the upset.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
                    Boro has been a thorn in Rock's side for many years. Its a good rivalry even if it doesn't get the same media attention as Rock-IUP. So yeah there's a chance that Edinboro pulls the upset.
                    Somewhat true, ROCK has lost last 2 to Boro: but before that ROCK won 6 in a row. However, the Last 4 ROCK Homecoming games involving Boro; ROCK 1-3

Comment

Originally posted by SRU 88 View Post
                      Somewhat true, ROCK has lost last 2 to Boro: but before that ROCK won 6 in a row. However, the Last 4 ROCK Homecoming games involving Boro; ROCK 1-3
                      I'm just basing this on the interactions I had on the field with a few of their guys over the years: it always seemed like they got more pleasure in beating us than they did anyone else (and they did it twice while I was there). This was before Gannon and Mercyhurst joined the PSAC, so maybe they care more about beating those teams now? I don't know. But if they still want to beat us as much as they did then, they will be super up for the game Saturday.

Comment

Dozsa2... so did you pay for the Rock? If so when? I played 85-87... was from Texas so I learned about the IUP and Boro rivalries when I was on the team. Heading for homecoming in 2 days... my third in 5 years. I see a bunch of people calling Coach Lutz the "Clown" coach... why is that? I met him and know he fairly well... Coach Mihalik would not of had him around that long if he was not a good coach. The clown coach was my first coach at the Rock - Coach Ault... trust me. The basics is the Rock has some serious talent. Roland Rivers is a transfer from a ranked Valdosta team, who has experienced more playoffs wins than any of the PSAC teams... He is a big kid 6' 3" 220 and runs under a 4.6 forty. He makes plays. You also have the speedster Mark Carter freshman from Miami who can change a game fast. Then you have Wes Hill, the corp of receivers, Chachar Berry, and the defense. They are playing better each week. I believe if they can maintain their focus again each team - The Rock will be the team to beat for the playoffs. I am looking forward to returning the Rock again in a couple of days to see everyone. I know the Rock will be victorious. GO ROCK!

Comment

Originally posted by texwilson47 View Post
                          Dozsa2... so did you pay for the Rock? If so when? I played 85-87... was from Texas so I learned about the IUP and Boro rivalries when I was on the team. Heading for homecoming in 2 days... my third in 5 years. I see a bunch of people calling Coach Lutz the "Clown" coach... why is that? I met him and know he fairly well... Coach Mihalik would not of had him around that long if he was not a good coach. The clown coach was my first coach at the Rock - Coach Ault... trust me. The basics is the Rock has some serious talent. Roland Rivers is a transfer from a ranked Valdosta team, who has experienced more playoffs wins than any of the PSAC teams... He is a big kid 6' 3" 220 and runs under a 4.6 forty. He makes plays. You also have the speedster Mark Carter freshman from Miami who can change a game fast. Then you have Wes Hill, the corp of receivers, Chachar Berry, and the defense. They are playing better each week. I believe if they can maintain their focus again each team - The Rock will be the team to beat for the playoffs. I am looking forward to returning the Rock again in a couple of days to see everyone. I know the Rock will be victorious. GO ROCK!
                          yes. my last year on the team was 2004.

Comment

I think Rock will be ready for the Boro - not an easy game of course. I fondly remember the Edinboro-Rock games from my time at SRU. Not too fondly as I think we won 2 out of 6 while I was there. While I'm sure many of us can point to unforgettable Rock-Edinboro moments, mine will always be the 2006 nightmare 4th quarter hailstorm. It hailed so bad that a well-kicked (to my untrained eye) punt went something like ten yards...

Comment

Cool. You going to HC this year Brother?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X