Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Most Scenic Stadiums in D2

Fun thread! Full disclosure: I haven't been to most of these places for roughly ten to fifteen years now, so it's entirely possible things have changed. Also, with rare exceptions, I got to experience most of these places while I was in a 40-ft high scissor lift or the pressbox, which... distorts my view somewhat. For my money though...

Tier 1 - Breathtaking
    1. Lock Haven - Have to agree with everyone else here - the view is pretty incredible.

Tier 2 - Pretty Good
    2. Slippery Rock - Sure, I'm biased, but in another life I got to watch numerous football games from the "best seat in the house" that wasn't the Stadium Lodge.
    3. Bloomsburg - Stands out in my mind as really nice, even if I can't put my finger on why.
    4. Kutztown - Echoing what others have said, the fact that it is right on campus is very nice.

Tier 3 - Doesn't Stand Out in my Memory
    5. Millersville - Kind of nondescript, but I liked it better than the next three.
    6. East Stoudsburg - The view was nice, but I spent most of it biting my tongue, so as not to embarrass the two student announcers next to me that had evidently done no research on SRU or its players.
    7. Shippensburg - Not good, not bad.
    8. Edinboro - To be fair - it seemed like every game I attended here it was either snowing or a torrential downpour, which detracts from my memory of the place.

Tier 4 - I just don't like the architecture or the scenery
    9. California - Not scenic at all to me, however does score points ever since they got the new turf, the GIANT (I'm convinced I have not seen a larger center-field logo in all of sports) Vulcan in the middle of the field if that's still there, and the scoreboard.
    10. Indiana - Haven't been there since the upgrades, so it's probably nicer than when I was there. Really just too hemmed in by everything else to feel super scenic to me - needs room to breathe. Points for the trees between the stadium and the fieldhouse - are they pine trees? Are there not trees there at all? Were they telephone poles and I just thought they were trees? Drawing a blank. Whatever they were I liked them enough to put them above Clarion or SHU.
    11. Clarion - Despite placing near last on the list of places I've been, not bad - just not much of a view of well, anything.Really, except for SHU I could make a case for any of these to be in Tier 3 instead of Tier 4... but that's boring.
    12. Seton Hill - My hometown, which made it one of my favorite places to visit, but also kept assaulting me with the reminder that this was a high school stadium in the heart of a city. Good view if you like buildings, I guess?

They were all nice places to watch a game.

Comment

Originally posted by kodos View Post
      Lock Haven is by far the best view in the PSAC.
      Lock Haven has the best forward view, but for my money, Redman Stadium at Bloomsburg, and Seth Grove Stadium at Shippensburg offer the most scenic views of the areas surrounding them...Mansfield has good views from the smallest "Press Box" in the conference...

Comment

Originally posted by jrshooter View Post
        It'll be the most scenic venue in the PSAC next September. I'll stand behind that.

As far as football goes, dismiss them at your own risk. I hope Mon Valley gets the chance to.
        I disagree. The stadium sits in a bowl and you can't see much other than the trees surrounding the field...It's a very nice complex, but the view isn't great...

Comment

Last edited by IUPNation; 10-17-2018, 07:10 PM.

Comment

Looking out over the Endless Mountains from Redman Stadium in Bloomsburg on a crisp Fall day with the leaves in full color is pretty hard to beat for scenic beauty. Never been to Lock Haven's stadium, so I can't comment.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
            Working...
            X