Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slippery Rock at Clarion

The last time we went to Clarion (2016), we lost. I don't expect a cakewalk Saturday. Clarion has played teams tough this year and, with everything we have to play for, it will be interesting to see if we come out tight or, worse yet, look past this game to Cal.

I liked our guys' mental toughness last week. Edinboro immediately punched us in the mouth. The team responded well. With as goofy as the West has been this year, I expect Lutz to have the guys ready to go for two important weeks on the road. Go Rock.

Re: Slippery Rock at Clarion

Hopefully some the current players remember that game and can just focus on this week.

Lutz lost that game for them by going for it on 4 and 7 on clarion's 35; instead of punting it deep.(ROCK was up by 2 at the time) 4th and short maybe, 4th and 7 with a backup qb. NO!

Comment

I don't feel as good about this matchup as I do against an IUP. Someone made a comment on here about Clarion's D playing really good in a phone booth but not as well in space which I think has some truth to it. they will need to get heat on the QB early and often to minimize this passing attack. Their offense is really starting to hit its stride with McGriff in the backfield and I like the matchup VS this Rock D so should be interesting. CU needs to win this game to keep creeping into that upper echelon in the psac. I think last weeks experience fuels them in this one, they win a tight one something like 31-28.

Comment

Originally posted by CUlater View Post
        I don't feel as good about this matchup as I do against an IUP. Someone made a comment on here about Clarion's D playing really good in a phone booth but not as well in space which I think has some truth to it. they will need to get heat on the QB early and often to minimize this passing attack. Their offense is really starting to hit its stride with McGriff in the backfield and I like the matchup VS this Rock D so should be interesting. CU needs to win this game to keep creeping into that upper echelon in the psac. I think last weeks experience fuels them in this one, they win a tight one something like 31-28.
        You mean the first 11 minutes of last weeks performance I presume? The last 49 minutes act will get them smoked by SR. In reality Clarion doesn't have the horses to keep up with this team, take away one 78 yard completion on a short slant and your QB threw for 54 yards against a defensive backfield that can't cover and he barely made it out of the game with his faculties after taking 4 sacks. I wish Clarion well here but I don't think this one is even close. Hopefully I'm having a double helping of crow tomorrow afternoon but I highly doubt it.

Comment

Originally posted by BallHawkin View Post
          You mean the first 11 minutes of last weeks performance I presume? The last 49 minutes act will get them smoked by SR. In reality Clarion doesn't have the horses to keep up with this team, take away one 78 yard completion on a short slant and your QB threw for 54 yards against a defensive backfield that can't cover and he barely made it out of the game with his faculties after taking 4 sacks. I wish Clarion well here but I don't think this one is even close. Hopefully I'm having a double helping of crow tomorrow afternoon but I highly doubt it.
          No I mean the last two years when IUP has won those matchups by a total of 7 points,A one point loss to cal last year and the last two games against Rock have been tight with Clarion winning one and Rock needing two defensive touchdowns to win the other. Those are the 3 measuring stick games correct...we will see what happens tomorrow tho.

Comment

Originally posted by CUlater View Post
            No I mean the last two years when IUP has won those matchups by a total of 7 points,A one point loss to cal last year and the last two games against Rock have been tight with Clarion winning one and Rock needing two defensive touchdowns to win the other. Those are the 3 measuring stick games correct...we will see what happens tomorrow tho.
            Clarion lost each and every one of those games but if losing by a little is the "measuring stick" for you I guess you are satisfied. My feeling is they are much closer to the team that played the last 49 minutes against a wounded, beat up team that they had down by 20 than the team that came out of the gate the first 11 minutes. Again I am pulling for the upset but it ain't happenin. jus sayin

Comment

Clarion lost each and every one of those games but if losing by a little is the "measuring stick" for you I guess you are satisfied. My feeling is they are much closer to the team that played the last 49 minutes against a wounded, beat up team that they had down by 20 than the team that came out of the gate the first 11 minutes. Again I am pulling for the upset but it ain't happenin. jus sayin

Comment

Aw lighten up Francis! ..... Even If IUP finishes 9-2 it's a disappointing season .... that my friend is a "measuring stick" but you stick to your satisfaction with almost winning (that is moronic) .... I still hope Clarion pulls it out tomorrow, but they won't. Enjoy your evening

PS JUS SAYIN! :)

Comment

Aw lighten up Francis! ..... Even If IUP finishes 9-2 it's a disappointing season .... that my friend is a "measuring stick" but you stick to your satisfaction with almost winning (that is moronic) .... I still hope Clarion pulls it out tomorrow, but they won't. Enjoy your evening

PS JUS SAYIN! :)

Comment

I like this guy he gets it

Comment

I guess when you lose to a team 8 years in a row you criticize their sky high expectations.
                      Last edited by iupgroundhog; 10-19-2018, 09:13 PM.

Comment

I fail to see how it is controversial that different programs have different expectations. From what I observe it is BallHawkin that is talking down to Clarion's measurements of success. Of course a winning season is an expectation at IUP, but a winning season at ESU these days would count as successful. It doesn't have to be a d***-measuring contest.

Comment

Originally posted by EastStroud13 View Post
                          I fail to see how it is controversial that different programs have different expectations. From what I observe it is BallHawkin that is talking down to Clarion's measurements of success. Of course a winning season is an expectation at IUP, but a winning season at ESU these days would count as successful. It doesn't have to be a d***-measuring contest.
                          IUP has a complex. They are chasing ghosts

Comment

Originally posted by GhostOfHomer01 View Post
                            IUP has a complex. They are chasing ghosts
                            Oh, I think it's you who has the complex. I mean, you talk about IUP more than anybody who is actually from IUP. Are you obsessed?

Then we have a guy whose school has beaten IUP once in the last 30 years questioning high expectations. We are fine. Worry about yourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post
                              Oh, I think it's you who has the complex. I mean, you talk about IUP more than anybody who is actually from IUP. Are you obsessed?

Then we have a guy whose school has beaten IUP once in the last 30 years questioning high expectations. We are fine. Worry about yourselves.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X