Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2019 PSAC TV/streamed games?

Does anyone know if any 2019 PSAC football games will be televised or streamed via a non-school affiliated broadcaster? More specifically, I'm curious if SportsFever TV will produce/televise any games this coming season, or if any TV stations will pick up broadcasts of any of the teams' games, such as WLVT Channel 39 (PBS) in Bethlehem televising Kutztown home games. It seems like many teams that have had games televised or streamed in the past either haven't announced anything yet (Bloomsburg, East Stroudsburg) or will have a new provider in 2019 (West Chester).

Roku PSAC channel has them all . Cut the cord.

Comment

THE East Stroudsburg will again broadcast its home games on Blue Ridge TV

Comment

For what it's worth, SportsFever hasn't updated their website to announce anything for the 2019 season, PSAC or otherwise.
        Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Originally posted by IUP Ebbs View Post
          Roku PSAC channel has them all . Cut the cord.
          I like the set up for the PSAC app on the Roku. Some of the video stream quality from some of the schools leaves a little to be desired, but it's so much easier than trying to use the computer and run an HDMI cord into the tv.

I have AT&T Uverse in Columbus and it's absolutely atrocious. In February, they cut the NFL Network. In the spring, there was a dispute with CBS and I was without my local CBS affiliate for about a month. They haven't added the ACC Network yet after cutting the Pac 12 Network in 2018. This is all while I have been without NBC since the beginning of July due to another contract dispute. It's approach 2 months that I have not been able to watch NBC. I recognize some of the auxiliary channels are not all going to be offered on every provider, but for what I'm paying for Uverse it's absurd that I have spent since Spring without one of the main cable stations and local news affiliates.

The unfortunate part is that there is nothing I can do. I live in an apartment complex and that's the only cable choice I have.

Comment

Originally posted by IUP24 View Post

I like the set up for the PSAC app on the Roku. Some of the video stream quality from some of the schools leaves a little to be desired, but it's so much easier than trying to use the computer and run an HDMI cord into the tv.

I have AT&T Uverse in Columbus and it's absolutely atrocious. In February, they cut the NFL Network. In the spring, there was a dispute with CBS and I was without my local CBS affiliate for about a month. They haven't added the ACC Network yet after cutting the Pac 12 Network in 2018. This is all while I have been without NBC since the beginning of July due to another contract dispute. It's approach 2 months that I have not been able to watch NBC. I recognize some of the auxiliary channels are not all going to be offered on every provider, but for what I'm paying for Uverse it's absurd that I have spent since Spring without one of the main cable stations and local news affiliates.

The unfortunate part is that there is nothing I can do. I live in an apartment complex and that's the only cable choice I have.

Comment

You can get an over the air (OTA) HDTV Antenna and get the CBS, NBC, ABC, FOX and plenty of other channels for free. I got a 50 mile MOHU HDTV antenna and couldn't be happier. I will drop Verizon FIOS as soon as my 2 years contract is up.

I paired that with my ROKU and my Amazon Prime to get all the TV and movies I ever wanted.

I still get most sporting events I want to see, except Pirates and Penguins games carried on AT&T Sportsnet. The AT&T Sportsnet contract is up for renewal for the Penguins so there may be changes but as of now, no ROKU or internet provided coverage is available. Kind of a monopoly contract thru AT&T Sportsnet for Penguins and Pirates coverage

Comment

That brings back some memories. I remember the early days of the 'live feeds' when most schools were charging like $15 for the game. Then, of course, half the game would be a frozen screen, etc. As you said many still leave a lot to be desired but they've come a long way. Nothing still beats the production of the Gannon basketball games. If you can avoid motion sickness and the Blimp view from the top row of the Hammermill ... kind of a like an acid flashback to watching The Blair Witch Project in 1999.

I still really wish the IUP broadcast would include Jack calling the game. I get the student thing but, man, IUP and its fans are missing out on that one.

Comment

Originally posted by IUP Ebbs View Post

You can get an over the air (OTA) HDTV Antenna and get the CBS, NBC, ABC, FOX and plenty of other channels for free. I got a 50 mile MOHU HDTV antenna and couldn't be happier. I will drop Verizon FIOS as soon as my 2 years contract is up.

I paired that with my ROKU and my Amazon Prime to get all the TV and movies I ever wanted.

I still get most sporting events I want to see, except Pirates and Penguins games carried on AT&T Sportsnet. The AT&T Sportsnet contract is up for renewal for the Penguins so there may be changes but as of now, no ROKU or internet provided coverage is available. Kind of a monopoly contract thru AT&T Sportsnet for Penguins and Pirates coverage
                  If you're familiar with Slingbox (not sling tv), I bought one of those when I first moved out to Columbus to watch Penguins and Pirates games. I basically use that to connect to the cable box at my parents house in Pittsburgh. So as long as they aren't using the tv for something else, I can essentially watch their I never have trouble catching the Steelers games unless the Bengals or Browns are on at the same time. When that happens, there's an awesome Steelers' bar in Columbus I go to. That said, finding a virus filled reddit stream to watch any sporting event for free has proven to be the easiest, and best quality, option to watch any local sporting event.

AT&T Uverse is absolutely atrocious. No NFL Network. No NHL Network. Constant disputes with the providers of the "Big 4" news stations. The fact that I have spent an entire summer without either CBS or NBC is absurd.
                  Last edited by IUP24; 08-29-2019, 06:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post
                    For what it's worth, SportsFever hasn't updated their website to announce anything for the 2019 season, PSAC or otherwise.
                    WPNT(22 in Pittsburgh) first game on schedule is September 7; Wittenberg @ Washington & Jefferson; in the past it showed Sportsfever games.

Also Wayne St. is going to charge $5.95 for its live stream of the ROCK /Wayne St game on Sept. 5

Comment

Bloom's game at ESU Oct 19 is supposed to be Sportsfever

Comment

Originally posted by SRU 88 View Post

WPNT(22 in Pittsburgh) first game on schedule is September 7; Wittenberg @ Washington & Jefferson; in the past it showed Sportsfever games.

Also Wayne St. is going to charge $5.95 for its live stream of the ROCK /Wayne St game on Sept. 5
                        The GLIAC has a Roku channel - maybe check there?

Comment

RMU getting paid to lose to Buffalo on ESPN+ if you subscribe to that.

Comment

East Stroudsburg's game against DI-AA Wagner will be available via a free stream on the Northeast Conference's network (NEC Front Row).

Comment

Shepherd vs. West Chester will be on ESPN3.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X