Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bloomdad View Post
    Its official. The Huskies suck. Hard to believe that a program that was so prominent for many years has gone from a top 5 D2 program in the country to an average team in the PSAC East. Stop making excuses.
    It's always sunny in #HuskyNation

Comment

I agree with CC-BU comments. The offense got away from Bloom football, and appears to be trying to transition to throwing more, but no WR can get open. It baffles me every year that they can't find a couple of WR that can run. Leiby missed a few too. When Bloom rushes for only 116 yards, and the QB is the leading rusher with 42, it's not good. Passing had 52 yards, all dump passes or short flares. There was little good: 7 first downs, 2-10 third down conversions, and 13 less minutes of possession.

A couple of players who were held out with injuries: DL Simon, WR Rizzuto. I don't know if OL Rucci played because he was reported as injured too. RB Gooden injured today, but maybe it's not serious.

It is a young team with only 6 seniors, so we'll see how they improve.

Comment

Comment

Not only Danny Hale is gone, but also Brian McBryan. He was the OL coach. So you may be right. I'm not trying to make excuses I just don't have high expectations for this year.

If the team is transitioning to a more passing offense, that's not going to happen overnight.

As far as getting new coaches I don't agree with that. This isn't the pros or D1 where hiring and firing happen frequently. If you think Bloom is bad now, imagine if the program had to start over every couple of years. I believe having consistency with your staff is important.

Besides, Coach Darragh is no spring chicken, he'll retire eventually and you'll get your new head coach. What's Tom Pajic up to these days? He was the OC for Bloom once upon a time and was a candidate to replace Hale. Perhaps he'll be considered when Darragh does pass the torch.
          GO HUSKIES!

Comment

Comment

They do a good job a recruiting players there. HC Rcth was turned down for the job at his alma mater Lock Haven a few years back. He is getting long in the teeth.

Comment

Originally posted by Bart View Post

They do a good job a recruiting players there. HC Rcth was turned down for the job at his alma mater Lock Haven a few years back. He is getting long in the teeth.
                Maybe get Henry Hynoski

Comment

Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post

Maybe get Henry Hynoski
                  He is a Bloom alumnus, which is positive. It may be tough for him to give up the income and stability of a lifetime job working in a school district. He needs a few more years of coaching experience.

Comment

Hey Bart, I thought Hynoski went to Pitt. Also, was Roth seriously considering taking the Lock Haven job? If so why was he turned down?
                    GO HUSKIES!

Comment

Originally posted by CC_BU View Post
                      Hey Bart, I thought Hynoski went to Pitt. Also, was Roth seriously considering taking the Lock Haven job? If so why was he turned down?
                      Hynoski earned a master's degree at Bloom. Roth applied for the Lock Haven job, but they reportedly didn't pick him. He could have collected his school pension, and doubled his money with the HC job.

Comment

Feiler on SNF mentions Bloom.

https://twitter.com/BloomsburgU/stat...63449594912768
                        Last edited by Bart; 09-08-2019, 08:05 PM.

Comment

Looks like a tough season on the horizon for BU. I dont know if i wanna watch the next game. Vs Edinboro, if they will play like they did against a very average Stone Hill. The usual solid dline got pushed around minus Findura, the secondary couldnt cover the Hill recievers. On offense the Freshman Qb Leiby was running for his life at times and looked confused and the best back Gooden got injured and other than the experienced senior Allen, i really see no recieving threat!!

Bloom continues to play like that they wont even beat Lock Haven, just being honest!!
                          Last edited by BloomFan; 09-11-2019, 12:19 PM.

Comment

They only played 3 wide receivers

Comment

Originally posted by BloomFan View Post
                              Looks like a tough season on the horizon for BU. I dont know if i wanna watch the next game. Vs Edinboro, if they will play like they did against a very average Stone Hill. The usual solid dline got pushed around minus Findura, the secondary couldnt cover the Hill recievers. On offense the Freshman Qb Leiby was running for his life at times and looked confused and the best back Gooden got injured and other than the experienced senior Allen, i really see no recieving threat!!

Bloom continues to play like that they wont even beat Lock Haven, just being honest!!
                              I don't know if Benjamin would have made a difference, but the OL wasn't the entire problem. Leiby may have held onto the ball too long. Darragh said, "We have to get (Leiby) to make the reads and get the ball out of his hand easier. He just wasn't able to throw on rhythm and we have to find a way to get him able to do that."

If Stonehill wins over New Haven, maybe last weeks game doesn't look so bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Bart View Post

I don't know if Benjamin would have made a difference, but the OL wasn't the entire problem. Leiby may have held onto the ball too long. Darragh said, "We have to get (Leiby) to make the reads and get the ball out of his hand easier. He just wasn't able to throw on rhythm and we have to find a way to get him able to do that."

If Stonehill wins over New Haven, maybe last weeks game doesn't look so bad.
                                I really believe that if the O line can come together and give protection the passing game will be very productive. Leiby knows and understands the offense very well. He had little time on saturday to even go through his reads as well as the receivers weren't able to get open for whatever reason. I do like the fact that Leiby can scramble and take off for positive yardage. He made that nice scramble from pressure, kept his eyes downfield and fired a strike to Allen for a nice gain, only to be called back for a hold. I think going more from the shotgun and less under center may help. Leiby ran the spread and out of shotgun 90% of the time and was very productive in high school. I will not blame coaches or players for the loss on Saturday. I believe that this is a young Bloom team and they will get better. Stonehill came in with a good game plan and executed on both sides of the ball very well. Gotta give them some perks for that.
                                Stop preaching doom and gloom for the Huskies. Alot of football to be played this season.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X