Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Footballfanofall View Post

I really believe that if the O line can come together and give protection the passing game will be very productive. Leiby knows and understands the offense very well. He had little time on saturday to even go through his reads as well as the receivers weren't able to get open for whatever reason. I do like the fact that Leiby can scramble and take off for positive yardage. He made that nice scramble from pressure, kept his eyes downfield and fired a strike to Allen for a nice gain, only to be called back for a hold. I think going more from the shotgun and less under center may help. Leiby ran the spread and out of shotgun 90% of the time and was very productive in high school. I will not blame coaches or players for the loss on Saturday. I believe that this is a young Bloom team and they will get better. Stonehill came in with a good game plan and executed on both sides of the ball very well. Gotta give them some perks for that.
    Stop preaching doom and gloom for the Huskies. Alot of football to be played this season.
    Huh! Did I preach doom and gloom? Bloom needs to simplify the offense this week and get back to basics and do what they do best. Run the ball and the clock to take pressure off the defense. They usually don't win unless they get close to 300 yards rushing.

Comment

Originally posted by Bart View Post

Huh! Did I preach doom and gloom? Bloom needs to simplify the offense this week and get back to basics and do what they do best. Run the ball and the clock to take pressure off the defense. They usually don't win unless they get close to 300 yards rushing.
      No you didn't sir. I refuse to get in a pIssing match with anyone on this forum. I just stated that this is alot of football to be played this season and that this is a young team that will get better.
      But the days of ground and pound are going by the wayside. The successful programs find a way to throw the ball and open the offense up. Pass and mix the run in. It's that way now in high school, every level of college, and in the NFL. I'm glad that the Huskies have passionate fans but we need to stay positive and look at the good things that are happening with the program. Have a good evening sir.

Comment

No you didn't sir. I refuse to get in a pIssing match with anyone on this forum. I just stated that this is alot of football to be played this season and that this is a young team that will get better.
        But the days of ground and pound are going by the wayside. The successful programs find a way to throw the ball and open the offense up. Pass and mix the run in. It's that way now in high school, every level of college, and in the NFL. I'm glad that the Huskies have passionate fans but we need to stay positive and look at the good things that are happening with the program. Have a good evening sir.
        I hope I didn't hit a nerve. At my age I am lucky if I can piss at all, let alone win a contest. The sprint/draw offense is what made Bloom. It continues to make them unique, when every other team runs the same offensive system. I say run and mix the pass in. Bloom doesn't have the horses to win a shoot-out.

Comment

It's always sunny in #HuskyNation

Comment

You should attend the next dinner with HC Darragh and let him know.

Comment

You should attend the next dinner with HC Darragh and let him know.

Comment

Bloom improved their play in all three areas this week. Defense held Boro to 4-14 in 3rd down conversions, and came up with some big plays. DE Simon still out with injure. Kick coverage was good against a great returner.

The offense almost lost the game when they didn't score any points with a 1st and goal at the 3 yard line in the 4th quarter. Overall the offense won the time of possession by nearly 6 minutes, which is what they need to do. I wish they would commit more to the run, but they are doing it with the 3rd and 4th string rbs. Gooden out indefinitely and Quiteh looked like he hurt his ankle. Qb looked deep a couple of times and played with heart. I don't like those short passes to the rbs out of the backfield because they haven't worked. What happened to the old offense where the qb rolled or sprinted out to the edge and put pressure on the corner to make a decision? Throw on the run more.

After last week's game the HC said, " He had time to throw...I think ultimately it was the lack of confidence he had in the route progression and his reads. Sometimes with a young quarterback like Logan, he comes off of his first read and is ready to run.." This week he looked more comfortable, and his running ability is a plus.

No turnovers for either team, which is unusual. Last year Bloom had 5 turnovers allowing Boro to win.

Comment

Comment

But are you man enough to tell that to the HC and AD?

Comment

But are you man enough to tell that to the HC and AD?

Comment

This is really sad to see how this forum is so negative towards the program and the players. I guess the best advise I can give people, is stop going to games and following the program. These kids/players bust their butts all week and play hard to win football games. I'm sure they wouldn't appreciate all the negativity.

Comment

This is really sad to see how this forum is so negative towards the program and the players. I guess the best advise I can give people, is stop going to games and following the program. These kids/players bust their butts all week and play hard to win football games. I'm sure they wouldn't appreciate all the negativity.
                          Nobody blasts the kids. They blast the people in charge of them. Big difference.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Nobody blasts the kids. They blast the people in charge of them. Big difference.
                            Earlier I read a post on the Bloom by Bart posts that someone was talking about the Bloom program and said that the kids are terrible, the coaches are terrible. That is absolutely uncalled for talking down players/kids...... .PERIOD

Comment

He meant as a team.. their talent level is terrible. But its not midget football anymore people can handle it in college.. I bet the "kids" at bloom right now are much more negative about the program than anything on this board....if theyre honest.

Comment

Earlier I read a post on the Bloom by Bart posts that someone was talking about the Bloom program and said that the kids are terrible, the coaches are terrible. That is absolutely uncalled for talking down players/kids...... .PERIOD

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X