Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PSAC Attendance

I am curious about attendance all over the D2 world. Last year I did an RMAC attendance thread, in which I listed the attendance of every game played in an RMAC stadium every week and I also listed all RMAC teams ranked based on home attendance, updated weekly. I am wondering if anyone here wants to do a PSAC attendance thread? The attendance is almost always listed in boxscores posted online on teams' athletic websites. I will check back here to see if anyone does this. If anyone would like an idea of how this might look, you can check out last year's RMAC attendance thread which I started and updated weekly.

??????https://www.d2football.com/forum/for...tendance/page4

Well, I can do it quickly for Shippensburg by looking at their website. We tend to be above the PSAC average in attendance. Last season we had only five home games and drew 20,716 for an average of 4,143 per game. High attendance for the season was 6,250 for the game against Kutztown. The lows were 2,100 for the cross-divisional game with Slippery Rock and an identical figure for the last home game with East Stroudsburg. We were out of the division race by then and Stroud had one of its worst teams in years. The six road games drew an average of 2,417, dragged down by a pathetic attendance of 493 when we played at Lock Haven. Lock Haven is one of the smaller schools in the conference and generally hasn't had good teams. The high away game was 5,883 at West Chester, the largest PSAC school. I expect Ship's attendance and that of the conference in general will get a boost with the addition of Shepherd. Ship and Shepherd are within easy drive of each other, and the game has usually drawn big crowds in the past.

Comment

Originally posted by Ship69 View Post
      Well, I can do it quickly for Shippensburg by looking at their website. We tend to be above the PSAC average in attendance. Last season we had only five home games and drew 20,716 for an average of 4,143 per game. High attendance for the season was 6,250 for the game against Kutztown. The lows were 2,100 for the cross-divisional game with Slippery Rock and an identical figure for the last home game with East Stroudsburg. We were out of the division race by then and Stroud had one of its worst teams in years. The six road games drew an average of 2,417, dragged down by a pathetic attendance of 493 when we played at Lock Haven. Lock Haven is one of the smaller schools in the conference and generally hasn't had good teams. The high away game was 5,883 at West Chester, the largest PSAC school. I expect Ship's attendance and that of the conference in general will get a boost with the addition of Shepherd. Ship and Shepherd are within easy drive of each other, and the game has usually drawn big crowds in the past.
      Interesting thanks

Comment

PSAC home openers attendance

Lock Haven 879

Mercyhurst 1,479

Comment

Opening Shippensburg attendance: 4,812

Comment

Bloom attendance 2583

Comment

Originally posted by sportsvine View Post
              PSAC home openers attendance

Lock Haven 879

Mercyhurst 1,479
              Imagine the attendance if Lock Haven had played Lycoming.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Imagine the attendance if Lock Haven had played Lycoming.
                Yeah, from the Lyco archives the last time Lycoming visited Lock Haven was September 13, 1986 and the game drew 4,000 people. Lycoming won by a Field Goal.
                9/13/86 at Lock Haven W 24-21 4,000 Lock Haven, Pa.
                * 9/20/86 at Susquehanna L 42-43 3,500 Selinsgrove, Pa.
                * 9/27/86 at Wilkes W 14-7 1000 Edwardsville, Pa.
                * 10/4/86 WIDENER L 13-14 2,000 Williamsport, Pa.
                * 10/11/86 at Albright W 34-0 3,000 Reading, Pa.
                * 10/18/86 UPSALA W 42-0 1,000 Williamsport, Pa.
                * 10/25/86 MORAVIAN W 17-15 2,500 Williamsport, Pa.
                * 11/1/86 at Juniata W 63-27 3,600 Huntingdon, Pa.
                * 11/8/86 at Delaware Valley W 30-7 1,000 Doylestown, Pa.
                * 11/15/86 LEBANON VALLEY W 30-13 750 Williamsport, Pa.

Comment

Shepherd reported 4,800 and change for their opening game against OH Dominican. They usually turn out a consistent 3,000-5,000 each game. I could see the Shep-Ship matchup on 10/12 anywhere from 6,000-7,500.
                  I can be reached at [email protected].

Comment

I think you're right on Ship-Shepherd, Raymond, although if Ship takes a pounding from Slippery Rock and Cal over the next two weeks it could reduce the appeal of the game. It looks as if they have a lot of work to do on both sides of the ball.

Comment

Originally posted by Bart View Post
                      Bloom attendance 2583
                      Really? That number seems so low... stands seemed packed.
                      It's always sunny in #HuskyNation

Comment

Originally posted by Raymond Franze View Post
                        Shepherd reported 4,800 and change for their opening game against OH Dominican. They usually turn out a consistent 3,000-5,000 each game. I could see the Shep-Ship matchup on 10/12 anywhere from 6,000-7,500.
                        ODU goes from Shepherd to Valdosta State. Tell me that isn't the old 'we'll play anybody, anywhere, any time' philosophy.

Their first three games:

@ Shep (W)
                        @ Valdosta State
                        Findlay

After Findlay (which went for two to beat Ferris State and came up short), ODU should cruise through its next five games prior to the (regular) season-ending trip to Hillsdale.

Comment

Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

Yeah, from the Lyco archives the last time Lycoming visited Lock Haven was September 13, 1986 and the game drew 4,000 people. Lycoming won by a Field Goal.
                          4,000 people in a stadium that holds 3,000. That's awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

4,000 people in a stadium that holds 3,000. That's awesome.
                            Hubert Jack Stadium has a capacity of 3,500. Not sure if you brought up the LH-Lyco series in jest or not but it was a big game. I don't doubt the 4,000 number. And things were different in 1986. Of course, as you know, the PSAC teams discontinued any series' with D3 teams. Even great local rivalries.

Comment

Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

Hubert Jack Stadium has a capacity of 3,500. Not sure if you brought up the LH-Lyco series in jest or not but it was a big game. I don't doubt the 4,000 number. And things were different in 1986. Of course, as you know, the PSAC teams discontinued any series' with D3 teams. Even great local rivalries.
                              Regardless, over capacity is still over capacity. Kind of ironic that the PSAC didn't have a problem playing non-scholarship NE-10 schools nobody had heard of or cared about but holy crap play the local college in front of a full house and you're a blasphemer.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X