Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post
    Of course, as you know, the PSAC teams discontinued any series' with D3 teams. Even great local rivalries.
    Millersville played (and lost to) D3 Ursinus four years ago.
    http://www.indianagazette.com
    www.twitter.com/MattBurglund

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Burglund View Post

Millersville played (and lost to) D3 Ursinus four years ago.
      Yes, they did. Now I remember discussing the whys and wherefores of that game on here. Ursinus did emerge victorious ... after 5 OT periods.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Regardless, over capacity is still over capacity. Kind of ironic that the PSAC didn't have a problem playing non-scholarship NE-10 schools nobody had heard of or cared about but holy crap play the local college in front of a full house and you're a blasphemer.

Comment

Westminster was also NAIA and DII until 2000.
          Last edited by Fightingscot82; 09-11-2019, 01:02 PM.

Comment

PSAC Home Openers Attendance from Sat 9/7 that were not mentioned

Kutztown 4,162

West Chester 3,894

IUP 2,798

Comment

PSAC Home openers attendance week 2

Slippery Rock 7,480

Edinboro 3,271

California 2,725

Clarion 2,068

Millersville 1,450

Gannon 1,108

Seton Hill 975

Comment

There was more than 1450 at Millersville. If you took the band out of their home side it was still over half full on that side and the IUP side was half full too.

I think counting the crowd is an issue for some PSAC schools.

Slimey probably inflates theirs.....

Comment

Originally posted by IUPNation View Post
                  There was more than 1450 at Millersville. If you took the band out of their home side it was still over half full on that side and the IUP side was half full too.

I think counting the crowd is an issue for some PSAC schools.

Slimey probably inflates theirs.....
                  Agreed. I was there, and there were about on the 400 IUP side alone. Only way it was 1450 is if they counted after halftime.

Full Disclosure: I left at Halftime, lol...

Comment

Originally posted by Number83 View Post

Agreed. I was there, and there were about on the 400 IUP side alone. Only way it was 1450 is if they counted after halftime.

Full Disclosure: I left at Halftime, lol...

Comment

Originally posted by sportsvine View Post
                      PSAC Home openers attendance week 2

Slippery Rock 7,480

Edinboro 3,271

California 2,725

Clarion 2,068

Millersville 1,450

Gannon 1,108

Seton Hill 975
                      Are these guestimate numbers? I know Gannon reports paid att and does not include freebies (parents, passes or students)

Comment

Originally posted by Sec10-A-14 View Post

Are these guestimate numbers? I know Gannon reports paid att and does not include freebies (parents, passes or students)
                        Nobody knows. Neither the NCAA or PSAC provides guidance on who or how to count. For example, at Edinboro the band enters the stadium through one entrance without counters. The students manning the gates disappear and its free entry prior to halftime. Are players included?

Comment

I think the attendance count at THE ROCK is fairly accurate:

There is only one entrance to get in for paying fans and for parents or others picking up ticket at will call, all pass though the same area with turnstiles, the free student entrance is 30 feet away and their ids I believe are scanned, they were not in my day. I would hope they don't count cheerleaders, band etc.

The 6PM kicks are always well attended and should be again this week in that is Villagefest,. The 1:00PM kicks against Clarion and Cal will not have the same attendance figures as the 6PM kicks.

2yrs ago with great weather Homecoming had over 10k in attendance; would expect the same or more if the weather cooperates.

Comment

I heard that Butler County officials are going to make it so you have to have a state-issued ID to get into the SRU games.

Comment

Only PSAC school not mentioned for home opener is East Stroudsburg. Their website doesn't even put box scores for their football games (only recaps). Which is ridiculous. And the team looks like they are fairly decent. Edinboro's website to view a box score for their game at East Stroudsburg and the listed attendance according to Edinboro's boxscore for East Stroudsburg's home opener was 2,265

Comment

Originally posted by sportsvine View Post
                                Only PSAC school not mentioned for home opener is East Stroudsburg. Their website doesn't even put box scores for their football games (only recaps). Which is ridiculous. And the team looks like they are fairly decent. Edinboro's website to view a box score for their game at East Stroudsburg and the listed attendance according to Edinboro's boxscore for East Stroudsburg's home opener was 2,265
                                It would be ridiculous....if it were true.

Edinboro box score

East Stroudsburg season statistics

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X