Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Lake Show

Any idea how an 0-11 Lake Erie team a year ago almost won at Mercyhurst last night?

Is Mercyhurst getting too much hype with all those players back? Or, was this just what is becoming the norm and the Lakers don't show up for these types of games (see the loss to Seton Hill last season)?

A win is a win ... but that's a shocking score.

Anybody watch it?

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Any idea how an 0-11 Lake Erie team a year ago almost won at Mercyhurst last night?

Is Mercyhurst getting too much hype with all those players back? Or, was this just what is becoming the norm and the Lakers don't show up for these types of games (see the loss to Seton Hill last season)?

Anybody watch it?
    I watched the first half of this game and it was pretty brutal. Mercyhurst moved the ball on the ground with their runningback Owens. Their passing game did not look good at all. On defense, Mercyhurst applied good pressure but their secondary is very suspect. My take, if they don't get pressure on the opposing qb, they are going to get shredded through the air. But it was only game one, and the biggest improvements come between game one and two typically. We'll see with pass happy Shepherd coming up.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Anybody watch it?
      I think it was too much hype. Their offense always been near the bottom of the PSAC. That is why I was VERY close to changing my pick. But hey, like you stated "A win is a win".

Comment

What everyone else has said. I feel like they have tended to be one dimensional on offense from year to year. They've had some good defensive players but nothing spectacular as a unit. Surprising that with all that "spending" they can't seem to put a quality product on the field.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
        Working...
        X