X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: AB to Pats per ESPN

Wow

Comment

He's had their playbook for weeks. This was all a set up. A dirtbag goes to a dirtbag organization!!!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
          He's had their playbook for weeks. This was all a set up. A dirtbag goes to a dirtbag organization!!!
          Well said! Tampering is a real word and if the NFL front office had any semblance of a backbone at all they would nail these cheaters once and for all. They have cheated in ways that most would never have even thought possible.

I knew the second he was released where he would go. I've loved the NFL for over 40 years now. Not sure how much longer I stay with them.

-

Comment

Comment

NFL has no backbone:
              1) How is AB not suspended by the NFL players conduct policy due to his social media posts?
              2) NE didn't tamper with AB while signed with Oakland? He signed two hours after he was released. Amazing how NE had 15 Mil laying around to give him.
              3) Josh Gordon reinstated again? He's got 34ish positive tests and was just suspended again the end of last year.
              4) Tyreek Hill got no suspension for breaking his kid's arm and got a contract extension... WTF!
              5) Kareem Hunt was booted immediately by KC and got an 8 game suspension but yet what he did was far less than Tyreek Hill.

The NFL front office is a joke!

Comment

NFL has no backbone:
                1) How is AB not suspended by the NFL players conduct policy due to his social media posts?
                2) NE didn't tamper with AB while signed with Oakland? He signed two hours after he was released. Amazing how NE had 15 Mil laying around to give him.
                3) Josh Gordon reinstated again? He's got 34ish positive tests and was just suspended again the end of last year.
                4) Tyreek Hill got no suspension for breaking his kid's arm and got a contract extension... WTF!
                5) Kareem Hunt was booted immediately by KC and got an 8 game suspension but yet what he did was far less than Tyreek Hill.

Wouldn't say Hunt did far less than Hill. He pushed and kicked a woman....on video... Hill's issues are just as bad but unfortunately no video and just more than likely staged conversations between him and his baby mama..she was trying to trap him.
                Last edited by PSACfan1; 09-09-2019, 09:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by PSACfan1 View Post

Wouldn't say Hunt did far less than Hill. He pushed and kicked a woman....on video... Hill's issues are just as bad but unfortunately no video and just more than likely staged conversations between him and his baby mama..she was trying to trap him.
                  Trying to "trap" him... highly doubtful! Money spoke and he got off, plain and simple. Explain the rest... NFL is the biggest joke, PERIOD!!!

Comment

After last night...it might be a long season for Yinzer Nation.

Comment

Trying to "trap" him... highly doubtful! Money spoke and he got off, plain and simple. Explain the rest... NFL is the biggest joke, PERIOD!!!
                      I mean why else would you film/tape a significant other? She wanted blackmail so she could ensure that she continues to live the lifestyle she's living. It's pretty easy to see, but in regards to the NFL I definitely agree with you. But to say Hunt did less than Hill simply is just a bad take.

Comment

NFL has no backbone:

I agree - his antics (unsubstantiated motive notwithstanding) warrant something. They can't have players (especially really, really good players) pulling the stunts he's pulled both off the field and with team officials. I imagine the NFLPA folks are hoping he doesn't try to cite CBA details if anything happens to him.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

I agree - his antics (unsubstantiated motive notwithstanding) warrant something. They can't have players (especially really, really good players) pulling the stunts he's pulled both off the field and with team officials. I imagine the NFLPA folks are hoping he doesn't try to cite CBA details if anything happens to him.
                          I could see the players dishing out some vigilante justice to AB ... similar to when Burfict was nearly charged with homicide after that hit a couple years ago.

Comment

I'm interested in seeing where this whole thing goes - now. I'm an innocent until proven guilty guy when it comes to the judicial system, specifically of this category, but there's a strong case with those texts/emails. He's apparently now suing her. We'll see where that goes.

The whole thing about the AB story that makes me sick is that the players really think they have leverage over the league and the owners. Antonio Brown lost 21 million dollars. As Mark Madden has said, there is no scenario where Antonio Brown has won. Even though this is an entertainment business with big dollars involved, the employee-employer relationship still exists. These guys are all employees.

The NFL can't have what has happened with Brown, Bell, Melvin Gordon now, etc., to continue. I get more disenfranchised with professional football every year because of this stuff. It's unwatchable. Heck, I hate pro sports in general more every year because of it. They all believe they are NBA players. The NBA is a star driven league that is driven on self-promotion by their star players. 5 guys on the floor, really only need 2-3 great players. The great players play all but a few minutes a night. They're the cash cow. There's always going to be great running backs and receivers. They are replaceable parts. The NBA stars aren't as replaceable.

The number of NFL players still defending and celebrating Antonio Brown is maddening. Look, I'm glad the Steelers got rid of both him and Bell, but there's also a part of me that wishes the Rooney's would have simply held on to him and said, "If you don't want to play, that's fine. You won't get paid and we will sue you for breach of contract." The league can't have guys doing what Brown just did to get to free agency. That's what this was all about. It wasn't about a diabolical plan to sign with the Patriots. It was about getting to free agency. He likely wants to play on 1 year deals from here on out where the money is almost all guaranteed and he still has performance bonuses. That's interesting considering that if a team were to put a franchise tag on him, he would complain saying how unfair it is and how he isn't free to do what he wants.

I can't wait for this CBA to expire. The owners should lock those guys out and take 100% total control back of the National Football League.

Comment

Originally posted by IUP24 View Post
                              I'm interested in seeing where this whole thing goes - now. I'm an innocent until proven guilty guy when it comes to the judicial system, specifically of this category, but there's a strong case with those texts/emails. He's apparently now suing her. We'll see where that goes.

The whole thing about the AB story that makes me sick is that the players really think they have leverage over the league and the owners. Antonio Brown lost 21 million dollars. As Mark Madden has said, there is no scenario where Antonio Brown has won. Even though this is an entertainment business with big dollars involved, the employee-employer relationship still exists. These guys are all employees.

The NFL can't have what has happened with Brown, Bell, Melvin Gordon now, etc., to continue. I get more disenfranchised with professional football every year because of this stuff. It's unwatchable. Heck, I hate pro sports in general more every year because of it. They all believe they are NBA players. The NBA is a star driven league that is driven on self-promotion by their star players. 5 guys on the floor, really only need 2-3 great players. The great players play all but a few minutes a night. They're the cash cow. There's always going to be great running backs and receivers. They are replaceable parts. The NBA stars aren't as replaceable.

The number of NFL players still defending and celebrating Antonio Brown is maddening. Look, I'm glad the Steelers got rid of both him and Bell, but there's also a part of me that wishes the Rooney's would have simply held on to him and said, "If you don't want to play, that's fine. You won't get paid and we will sue you for breach of contract." The league can't have guys doing what Brown just did to get to free agency. That's what this was all about. It wasn't about a diabolical plan to sign with the Patriots. It was about getting to free agency. He likely wants to play on 1 year deals from here on out where the money is almost all guaranteed and he still has performance bonuses. That's interesting considering that if a team were to put a franchise tag on him, he would complain saying how unfair it is and how he isn't free to do what he wants.

I can't wait for this CBA to expire. The owners should lock those guys out and take 100% total control back of the National Football League.
                              So if you're a player who is playing on the last year of your deal with no guarantees but are a top 3 guy at your position in the league you're telling me you would be fine being paid less than value meanwhile the team can cut you at the end of training camp with no cap hit/penalty (LeSean McCoy) handicapping your future earnings for the current season because all other teams have filled rosters/salary cap???? Let's be real, now for Elliot if he held out on the final 2 years of his deal I could see your gripe but Gordon playing for half of his worth on the open market in the final year of his rookie deal no way in hell would i be mad at him. He blows an ACL in training camp guess who isn't even getting a franchise tag in 2020, he's getting a 1 year $2-3 million prove it deal, pretty much what Jay Ajayi is going to get whenever he lands a FA deal once he's fully healed up.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X