Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

No doubt. This isn't the minor leagues any more for the Rams. While I think they will do well, you saw today even the peasants put up a tough fight in the West.
    I like the fact Shepherd has joined the PSAC, but I don't buy into the fact that the PSAC is so much superior to the rest. True they are better top to bottom, but why did minor league teams win the NE so many times since the minor league was formed.

Shepherd is as talented as any team in the PSAC. However, right now there is a lot to cleanup as far as mental mistakes. Today's game should not have been close, but undisciplined play at inopportune times cost Shepherd again. Same story last week. If the coaching staff can get this team to focus and eliminate personal fouls and turnovers, this team could exceed all expectations.

Comment

Originally posted by Monte's Catering Co. View Post

I like the fact Shepherd has joined the PSAC, but I don't buy into the fact that the PSAC is so much superior to the rest. True they are better top to bottom, but why did minor league teams win the NE so many times since the minor league was formed.

Shepherd is as talented as any team in the PSAC. However, right now there is a lot to cleanup as far as mental mistakes. Today's game should not have been close, but undisciplined play at inopportune times cost Shepherd again. Same story last week. If the coaching staff can get this team to focus and eliminate personal fouls and turnovers, this team could exceed all expectations.
      No doubt. But ... every team in the West can say the same thing. It's a grind.

Comment

The difference is that many of apparently lesser rated teams will burn you IF you don't gain that focus and self control. Most of the highest rated teams in the league can point to specific games they should never have lost but did. Last year GANNON @ CAL U, SRU @ SHIP and SHIP @ IUP were all examples of superior teams losing to teams that had the opportunity and took it. Really interested to see if the GOLDEN EAGLES are what they appear to be.

Comment

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post

Please remember that RAMS fans were warned that the depth in this league can be hidden by apparently poor records of teams that will give you a battle before succumbing. SHEP escaped this trap but beware next week at CLARION. They've been smelling a winning season the last few years and this may be their best chance. Don't look ahead to KU at home or it may not end well.

Comment

Maybe, giving up 300 yds passing to an average passing team isn't stellar. But I guess the point is, the psac teams are good enough that making mistakes can cost you the game every week, except for maybe Millersville, Seton Hill, and maybe Lock Haven. .

Comment

Any single team can make a league look good even if the rest of the teams are awful. If the AFC EAST was a league you'd have to say it's putrid, BUT the PATS win all the time in some degree because they are rarely challenged in their six division games. The PSAC pretty consistently gets a majority of post season slots because those doing the choosing recognise that the conference teams generally will be competitive even if they don't end up on top. SHEP, NDC, ASSUMPTION and others will peak at the right time and go far. But in no measure I know of are they challenged week in and week out like they are in the PSAC. But I could be entirely wrong. However, if the RAMS finish September at 2-2 or 1-3, I don't think it will be due to lack of focus.

Comment

Any single team can make a league look good even if the rest of the teams are awful. If the AFC EAST was a league you'd have to say it's putrid, BUT the PATS win all the time in some degree because they are rarely challenged in their six division games. The PSAC pretty consistently gets a majority of post season slots because those doing the choosing recognise that the conference teams generally will be competitive even if they don't end up on top. SHEP, NDC, ASSUMPTION and others will peak at the right time and go far. But in no measure I know of are they challenged week in and week out like they are in the PSAC. But I could be entirely wrong. However, if the RAMS finish September at 2-2 or 1-3, I don't think it will be due to lack of focus.
                Bad analogy as while the AFC East is not the best division in the NFL, it is still in the NFL. No, comparing the PSAC to the major leagues and every other as the minors, pretty much says a minor league team has won five of the last six NE championships.

The first two games were a lack of focus. Shepherd has gone over 500 yards of offense in both games, and has shot themselves in the foot so many times to stop drives. If they can clean that up, they will put up more points and control the clock even more.

Comment

... But in no measure I know of are they challenged week in and week out like they are in the PSAC. But I could be entirely wrong...
                  I do believe you and all the other guys who have been talking about the rigors of a PSAC season have on its top teams since I joined this site in 2010 are correct. It appears to be a matter of focus. Lose focus against all but the two or three PSAC bottom teams and you're in a dog fight of a game. That has to have a cumulative draining effect on a team over the course of a year. It's like rastlin with your kids when they are in grade school, you can slack off and still pin them. When they get to JR. high, you better better put in more of a constant effort. When they're in high school and jacking iron you have you're hands full, one false move and your giving up back time.
                  Last edited by IUPMonk; 09-15-2019, 05:14 PM.

Comment

Has anyone heard about the status of Adam McLean?

Comment

Originally posted by Ramhead View Post
                      Has anyone heard about the status of Adam McLean?
                      Per his recent tweets, he "can't play this season."

Comment

Well Shepherd had a chance to blow the game wide open, if Shepherd can't fix the running game other teams in the PSAC will demolish them. You need both a passing and running game to survive the PSAC. You beat Hurst because of play calling by Hurst not that you were the better team.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony33 View Post
                          Well Shepherd had a chance to blow the game wide open, if Shepherd can't fix the running game other teams in the PSAC will demolish them. You need both a passing and running game to survive the PSAC. You beat Hurst because of play calling by Hurst not that you were the better team.
                          I get that your a Mercy fan, but to say that Shepherd wasn't clearly the better team is just you being a homer. Take a peak at the box score in addition to your viewing of the game. Shepherd was their own worst enemy in this one, Mercyhurst didn't have anything to do with that.

https://shepherdrams.com/boxscore.as...&path=football

Comment

Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

I get that your a Mercy fan, but to say that Shepherd wasn't clearly the better team is just you being a homer. Take a peak at the box score in addition to your viewing of the game. Shepherd was their own worst enemy in this one, Mercyhurst didn't have anything to do with that.

https://shepherdrams.com/boxscore.as...&path=football
                            I do like Mercyhurst and you can call me a homer, but when I look at games and give my opinion its not from the Homer side. I had respect for Shepherd because I heard how good they are. But seeing them finally in a game, I wasn't impressed with them at all. Compared to the others teams in PSAC, you fall in the same lines as Hurst, Edinboro, Gannon, you will not survive the PSAC with only a passing game. Yes the game was close because Mercyhurst has a very good front 7 even with that I thought Shepherd would have done much better then what they did. Maybe it was a down day for Shepherd, but games like that in PSAC that Shepherd played normally end in a lost. Just far warning.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony33 View Post

I do like Mercyhurst and you can call me a homer, but when I look at games and give my opinion its not from the Homer side. I had respect for Shepherd because I heard how good they are. But seeing them finally in a game, I wasn't impressed with them at all. Compared to the others teams in PSAC, you fall in the same lines as Hurst, Edinboro, Gannon, you will not survive the PSAC with only a passing game. Yes the game was close because Mercyhurst has a very good front 7 even with that I thought Shepherd would have done much better then what they did. Maybe it was a down day for Shepherd, but games like that in PSAC that Shepherd played normally end in a lost. Just far warning.
                              I've been on record for 2 plus years at this point in saying that the line play for Shepherd has gone south since that run in the mid 2010's. They are getting some better young players but they aren't ready just yet to get back to the level they need to be at to compete for region titles.

Comment

Mercyhurst plays every game within a possession regardless of the other team. If there's a team to learn anything about the PSAC about, it's definitely not them.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X