• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IUP vs. Millersville

A "muffed" punt cannot be advanced ..... jus sayin

Comment

Comment

They got the ball at the IUP 3... then they went backwards and then turned over the ball. That pretty much summed up Millersville's afternoon.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPNation View Post
          They got the ball at the IUP 3... then they went backwards and then turned over the ball. That pretty much summed up Millersville's afternoon.
          Pace beat southern Connecticut today - makes you wonder

Comment

Duane Brown is in for a BIG year

Comment

Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post

Pace beat southern Connecticut today - makes you wonder
              Nothing to wonder 3 bad teams Pace, SC, Millersville. Make it 4 if u want to add LIT AF....
              Just Sayin

Comment

Basically the game was like watching a dead horse be beaten for 3 hours.

But then again I always love when my team routs the other team...i hate close games.

Like the cheer from the IUP band back in the day...Crush, Kill, Maim, Destroy.....

Comment

But then again I always love when my team routs the other team...i hate close games.

Like the cheer from the IUP band back in the day...Crush, Kill, Maim, Destroy.....
                  Speaking of the band ... goodness where did they all go? Last week was the smallest band I've ever seen at IUP.

What they have is still good and all but it looks like half the size of years past.

Comment

From the TV (laptop) view ... it looked like an NFL team playing a D2 team. Millersville looked incredibly small.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Speaking of the band ... goodness where did they all go? Last week was the smallest band I've ever seen at IUP.

What they have is still good and all but it looks like half the size of years past.
                      I mentioned that during the game last week. How can a school with a strong music department have that small of a band?

The band director needs to go and take his Crimson Express with him.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

From the TV (laptop) view ... it looked like an NFL team playing a D2 team. Millersville looked incredibly small.
                        They looked smaller from the visiting stands as well.

I just don't understand why Millersville is so bad. It makes no sense. Good school, good location, close to good recruiting areas, the stadium is well kept...

Comment

They looked smaller from the visiting stands as well.

I just don't understand why Millersville is so bad. It makes no sense. Good school, good location, close to good recruiting areas, the stadium is well kept...
                          I think there's a bigger picture at Millersville. They've focused on their academic reputation to the detriment of athletics. (Since it was mentioned this week) That's why I thought they dropped down and played Ursinus in football 5 years ago. They wanted to be seen as a small "private-like" school (playing a Ursinus puts you into that competitive set). That has worked for the school, in general. I believe they deemphasized athletics. But times change and I think the new coach has a chance to rejuvenate the program. We'll see. But I think what you see on the field today is the result of institutional decisions.

(BTW, 'Ville is my second favorite campus after IUP. Then Bloom and LH)

Comment

Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

I think there's a bigger picture at Millersville. They've focused on their academic reputation to the detriment of athletics. (Since it was mentioned this week) That's why I thought they dropped down and played Ursinus in football 5 years ago. They wanted to be seen as a small "private-like" school (playing a Ursinus puts you into that competitive set). That has worked for the school, in general. I believe they deemphasized athletics. But times change and I think the new coach has a chance to rejuvenate the program. We'll see. But I think what you see on the field today is the result of institutional decisions.

I'm glad I chose IUP over Millersville. I would not be happy.

Comment

Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

Ville seems to be competitive in other sports: baseball, men's and women's basketball. I have never been to LH or Ville, but Bloom and IUP are good choices.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X