Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PSAC East vs West after Round 1

The East took 5 out of 8 crossover matchups last weekend. Can't say I expect that to happen again this weekend, but a 4-4 split is possible!!

All really depends on who plays whom. What I do like about the PSAC crossovers is that they don't count for divisional standings, so your division opponents aren't one-up on you because of scheduling. For example, Ship drew Slippery Rock, California and IUP for three of their West games this year. They don't appear to be good enough to contend for the East this year unless there is a major transformation over the next couple of weeks, but that's a helluva scheduling draw in any case. Division races in the Big Ten, in contrast, can be heavily influenced by crossover games. If you're in the West and draw Ohio State, Michigan and Penn State on your schedule while your opponents duck a couple of them, you're behind the eight-ball.

Comment

Originally posted by Ship69 View Post
      All really depends on who plays whom. What I do like about the PSAC crossovers is that they don't count for divisional standings, so your division opponents aren't one-up on you because of scheduling. For example, Ship drew Slippery Rock, California and IUP for three of their West games this year. They don't appear to be good enough to contend for the East this year unless there is a major transformation over the next couple of weeks, but that's a helluva scheduling draw in any case. Division races in the Big Ten, in contrast, can be heavily influenced by crossover games. If you're in the West and draw Ohio State, Michigan and Penn State on your schedule while your opponents duck a couple of them, you're behind the eight-ball.
      Agreed. There was a chap from the MEC who would brag up their record against the PSAC. But when an 8-3 MEC beats a 3-8 PSAC team, it really doesn't provide a measure of conference strength.

Comment

Originally posted by Horror Child View Post

Agreed. There was a chap from the MEC who would brag up their record against the PSAC. But when an 8-3 MEC beats a 3-8 PSAC team, it really doesn't provide a measure of conference strength.
        I wonder who that Captain was?!?!

Comment

Assuming wins for IUP, SRU, WC, Cal, and Kutztown. These would be the toss ups. In theory the west, if we assume those wins, would be 6-7 going into these 3 next games:

Edinboro at East Stroudsburg
          Mercyhurst at Bloomsburg
          Shepherd at Clarion

Comment

Originally posted by Horror Child View Post

The teams from Wheeling had a bad Thursday night.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
            Working...
            X