Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HuskyNation24 View Post

I mean, piggy backing off of what Tony said, having so few recruits make it to senior year is pretty pitiful and indicative of poor coaching and poor recruiting. Look at Ethan Price for example. That kid was a beast in HS and was totally misused in the BU offense. So much so that he ended up transferring to WCU. So we lost a DI recruit to a rival program. That's just one example.

Another is the absolute lack of a modern offensive system. I know that ground and pound has been BU's mo forever but that has to change. Look at the offenses that Erik Benjamin and Logan Leiby ran in HS. They put up ridiculous numbers in pass happy spread offenses. Then they got to Bloom and had to run our 1950s offense and guess what, they struggle. If they had the coaching staffs of other PSAC schools they could utilize their skill sets better. The jury is still out on Leiby but Benjamin isn't even with the program any more. And he was a AAAA first team all state QB.

On a general consensus however, look at the regression since Darraugh has taken over: (I will credit him with the good first seasons despite he's winning with Hale's team)
    2013: 10-2 PSAC Champs
    2014: 11-2 PSAC Runner Ups (SR1 Runner Up -- tho, definitely could have won that game at Concord)
    2015: 7-4
    2016: 6-5
    2017: 7-4
    2018: 6-5

After 2014 the drop off is immense. And after 4 years, we have given Darraugh the grace of an entire recruiting period. We've had 4 different starting QBs in that time span too. Now, granted, I think some of the blame lays at the feet of the AD and school for not giving more scholarships to football but that's another discussion. I fear that Bloom missed an opportunity to hire a more modern minded head coach after Hale left. We have gone from premier DII program to bottom feeder. It needs to be fixed ASAP.

How's that for analysis, Bart?
    The New Jersey connection is also gone (Leko,Smith, Myers,Ceroli,White, Sosnovik, Weisman, Adams, Cooper, and etc). The PSAC West schools have been coming East to scoop up players from Eastern PA and NJ with scholarships.

The biggest factor is the coaching staff changes.

Comment

I feel your pain. Its hard watching a team that have talent (on the bench) go wasted because of poor coaching.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
      Working...
      X