Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shippensburg @ California

My thoughts on this match up is that Ship's offense will need to methodically eat up clock because as shown in games 1 & 2 their DB's can't hold up long enough for a pass rush to get to the CB and their pass rush has been non existent thus far with only 3 sacks and 3 QB hurries thus far. Their DB's have been a let down as well only recording 1 interception, 3 passes knocked down while giving up 515 yards and 7 TDs in the air. Any shot at knocking off Cal they'll have to eat up the clock, score TDs on their drives not FGs and make at least 1-2 stops against an explosive offense to have a shot at righting this ship that is sinking quickly. If Ship finishes say 3-8 or 4-7 I think Coach Mac really has to look at replacing an aging bend but don't break defense starting with the coordinator.

Originally posted by shipfbfan12 View Post
    My thoughts on this match up is that Ship's offense will need to methodically eat up clock because as shown in games 1 & 2 their DB's can't hold up long enough for a pass rush to get to the CB and their pass rush has been non existent thus far with only 3 sacks and 3 QB hurries thus far. Their DB's have been a let down as well only recording 1 interception, 3 passes knocked down while giving up 515 yards and 7 TDs in the air. Any shot at knocking off Cal they'll have to eat up the clock, score TDs on their drives not FGs and make at least 1-2 stops against an explosive offense to have a shot at righting this ship that is sinking quickly. If Ship finishes say 3-8 or 4-7 I think Coach Mac really has to look at replacing an aging bend but don't break defense starting with the coordinator.
    I was going to make some long-winded comment about this game, but I'll be happy if the VULCANS win easily and without serious injury. Last year 57-14, let's say 42-7 on Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by shipfbfan12 View Post
      Coach Mac's defenses a couple of years back were actually pretty good. Is it "bend, don't break," or are the Raiders just relatively inexperienced and short on talent this year? Guess a few more games will tell. With commitments and the early away games, I won't be able to see for myself until October.

Comment

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post

I was going to make some long-winded comment about this game, but I'll be happy if the VULCANS win easily and without serious injury. Last year 57-14, let's say 42-7 on Saturday.

Last year's game was a combination of California playing very well, and Ship playing one of the worst games I'd seen them play in years. The Vulcans were a more talented team, but certainly not to the tune of 57-14 on an average Saturday, as Ship's games with Slippery Rock and Indiana last year can attest. This year I wouldn't be as surprised by a rout, although I would be surprised if the Raiders don't get more than seven points.

Comment

I was at the Cal/Shipp game last year. Cal played well, not many mistakes. I did expect more from Shipp.

This year, I don't have as much faith in this years Vulcans as CALU69 does. Not getting that 4th & 1 and then letting Kutztown run the table in the 4th quarter with 21 pts last week was miserable to watch. Digalbo is a terrific QB for KU, but he did throw 3 INT's. We had them down and let them up.

Shipp seems to run hot & cold and that can't be trusted. Cal must prepare for the hot Shipp team that showed up last year against Rock & IUP. Digalbo had a really quick release last week and our D-line couldn't get to him. Hopefully, the Vulcans can get to Mussina this week.

Shippensburg 17, California 28

Comment

Originally posted by CalVulcan87 View Post
            I was at the Cal/Shipp game last year. Cal played well, not many mistakes. I did expect more from Shipp.

This year, I don't have as much faith in this years Vulcans as CALU69 does. Not getting that 4th & 1 and then letting Kutztown run the table in the 4th quarter with 21 pts last week was miserable to watch. Digalbo is a terrific QB for KU, but he did throw 3 INT's. We had them down and let them up.

Shipp seems to run hot & cold and that can't be trusted. Cal must prepare for the hot Shipp team that showed up last year against Rock & IUP. Digalbo had a really quick release last week and our D-line couldn't get to him. Hopefully, the Vulcans can get to Mussina this week.

Shippensburg 17, California 28
            I was at the California game, too. One I'd rather forget, of course. Ship usually hasn't run hot and cold under coach Mac. Last year was an exception. This year, unfortunately, it seems to be all cold so far. There is a lot of the season left, and I'm hopeful they can grow as it goes on. The interesting thing about college football is its often unpredictable nature.

Comment

Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

I was at the California game, too. One I'd rather forget, of course. Ship usually hasn't run hot and cold under coach Mac. Last year was an exception. This year, unfortunately, it seems to be all cold so far. There is a lot of the season left, and I'm hopeful they can grow as it goes on. The interesting thing about college football is its often unpredictable nature.
              California/Shippensburg has always been my favorite game. I'm a Cal grad from Harrisburg, so I've seen more of these battles since 1980 than any other game. Shippensburg dominated the series for decades, so I'm enjoying my Vulcans winning for a while. I was very sad to see Shipp move to the EAST and ultimately lose this personal rivalry. Just glad tomorrow's game is at Adamson Stadium.

Comment

Originally posted by CalVulcan87 View Post

California/Shippensburg has always been my favorite game. I'm a Cal grad from Harrisburg, so I've seen more of these battles since 1980 than any other game. Shippensburg dominated the series for decades, so I'm enjoying my Vulcans winning for a while. I was very sad to see Shipp move to the EAST and ultimately lose this personal rivalry. Just glad tomorrow's game is at Adamson Stadium.
                Cal has certainly had the best of it recently, and unless Ship picks it up this weekend it looks as if that will extend for another game. Indiana had the hex on Ship for years, mainly because IUP has had some good teams, but also because Ship never seemed to bring their best to that game. Even the John Kuhn-Brent Grimes team laid an egg against IUP. They finally broke that streak last year. Ship renews what should be a great rivalry with Shepherd, which is less than an hour down the road, this season.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                Working...
                X