Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shepherd Grades

Offense : A-
    Passing game is obviously excellent but need more balance in the running game. Tons of speed and weapons. Get DJ more involved

Defense - A+
    Take away the first quarter and the defense stopped the run with 4 interceptions

Special Teams - B+
    Blocked extra point although suspicious that the block was the same reason for the later penalty. Nice possession right before the half

Coaching - A
    Never one to grade these coaches but they made the right adjustments at the right time esp the possession before the half

Overall : A

Looking forward to a cut and paste of those grades vs Kutztown. The house should be packed for that game.

Comment

How well did the Shepherd fanbase travel to the games in Erie and Clarion?

BTW...what is the route one would travel from the Eastern Panhandle to Erie? I-70 to !-76 to !-79 or I-70/68 to I-79? I would take the former.

Comment

Clarion site said the attendance was 1919. Looked like Shep fans were about 150-200.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick - Shep '05 View Post
          How well did the Shepherd fanbase travel to the games in Erie and Clarion?

BTW...what is the route one would travel from the Eastern Panhandle to Erie? I-70 to !-76 to !-79 or I-70/68 to I-79? I would take the former.
          That is a haul. If I went from here - Martinsburg - I'd go 81N to 70W to 76 towards Pittsburgh (PA Turn Pike) to 79N into Erie.

Comment

Originally posted by Rambaseball View Post
            Offense : A-
            Passing game is obviously excellent but need more balance in the running game. Tons of speed and weapons. Get DJ more involved

Defense - A+
            Take away the first quarter and the defense stopped the run with 4 interceptions

Special Teams - B+
            Blocked extra point although suspicious that the block was the same reason for the later penalty. Nice possession right before the half

Coaching - A
            Never one to grade these coaches but they made the right adjustments at the right time esp the possession before the half

Overall : A
            Well those are some very good grades. I want you as my professor giving grades like that, must not have to do homework or take tests, just show up for class.

Comment

Or just play Clarion

Comment

Or just play Clarion
                I'd really don't think we would want to play them again. thay have enough weapons to beat plenty of teams.

Comment

I agree that the CU offense was impressive with a very solid RB and O-line. However once the SU defense adjusted and the spread options were covered they became too one dimentional. Of course having an increasing lead helps

Comment

Originally posted by Tony33 View Post

Well those are some very good grades. I want you as my professor giving grades like that, must not have to do homework or take tests, just show up for class.
                    Yea I agree, I didn't have many professors like that!

Shepherd's offense can't be an A because they can't run the ball. I'll give them a solid B since they remain explosive even though they are one dimensional right now. Gotta figure out how to establish balance, only will make Bagent that much better.

Shepherd D has been good so far, the DL has stopped the run for the most part which was my biggest concern going into the year. Secondary sometimes I wish would play a little more aggressive, but that's more of a personal preference so can't fault that too much. I'd give them a B+ so far.

Special Teams is a C-, our kicking game is very average. Missed another XP this week. Seems like this happens every week.

Coaching has been a C at best. Offensively late in both the first couple games with time management has been poor to say the least. Going for it on 4th down, winning 21-16 against ODU inside our own 30, with 5 mins left comes to mind. 2nd and 14 against Mercyhurst with barely a minute left, were winning and they have 1 timeout.... RUN THE BALL. Instead we pass.

Overall- We can be better we are at a C+ and just scratching the surface of what this team can get to with the weapons on Offense and better consistency playing D.

Comment

I agree that the CU offense was impressive with a very solid RB and O-line. However once the SU defense adjusted and the spread options were covered they became too one dimentional. Of course having an increasing lead helps
                      You might want to pass along to Shippensburg how that is implemented ...

Comment

Keep in mind that these are only "game" grades. We have not reached even mid-terms yet. Basically these are "quiz" scores for that day. No doubt running game needs improvement but Glover had 2 receiving TDs and Ronnie Brown needs more carries. First quiz has been passed on the road in back to back weeks. I am sure some of us have gotten A's on a quiz and barely passed the class....or speaking for myself

Comment

Keep in mind that these are only "game" grades. We have not reached even mid-terms yet. Basically these are "quiz" scores for that day. No doubt running game needs improvement but Glover had 2 receiving TDs and Ronnie Brown needs more carries. First quiz has been passed on the road in back to back weeks. I am sure some of us have gotten A's on a quiz and barely passed the class....or speaking for myself
                          My fault I did the whole season.

Comment

Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

My fault I did the whole season.
                            So now that you have re-looked at your syllabus how far off were the grades? I am a liitle bit at a disadvantage because I was listening only. There will be a better assessment seeing them in action against K-town. Happy Homecoming!

Comment

Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

Yea I agree, I didn't have many professors like that!

Shepherd's offense can't be an A because they can't run the ball. I'll give them a solid B since they remain explosive even though they are one dimensional right now. Gotta figure out how to establish balance, only will make Bagent that much better.

Shepherd D has been good so far, the DL has stopped the run for the most part which was my biggest concern going into the year. Secondary sometimes I wish would play a little more aggressive, but that's more of a personal preference so can't fault that too much. I'd give them a B+ so far.

Special Teams is a C-, our kicking game is very average. Missed another XP this week. Seems like this happens every week.

Coaching has been a C at best. Offensively late in both the first couple games with time management has been poor to say the least. Going for it on 4th down, winning 21-16 against ODU inside our own 30, with 5 mins left comes to mind. 2nd and 14 against Mercyhurst with barely a minute left, were winning and they have 1 timeout.... RUN THE BALL. Instead we pass.

Overall- We can be better we are at a C+ and just scratching the surface of what this team can get to with the weapons on Offense and better consistency playing D.
                              And I agree with your overall assessment. Although i give them a B- overall

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X